OtakuBoards

J-Rock bands?

Amorphous

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i][color=crimson]It took me a bit to get used to the Vulgar album, but it just grew on me quickly. I have their Gauze album as well...and they dont sound anything alike now. If i didn't know anybetter I would think they were the same band. I just hate American Media...but that's for another time. ^^; I mean ya they do have a point in their songs. They actually can make me cry and make me smile when im sad. Its true.[/color][/i]

yeah, my friend often compares american music to bad sex, leaving her unfulfilled screaming 'wheres my orgas....' is that allowed?

anyway, there are so few really good american bands, and a lot more japa...

vocals really don't matter unless the singer is good. like kyo from deg, an xjapans, an plastic trees. there are so few good american singers...but that thats just an opinion

[i][color=crimson] Ya I know what you mean. Its like do me more! Kyo has the most sexiest voice ever! X-Japan's vocalist, Yoshiki has a wonderful voice as well, especially in "Forever love" the acoustic version. Its so beautiful. And the translation of it is beautiful as well. Just ties together ya know? [/color][/i]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Roxanne Leifen [/i]
[B]X-Japan's vocalist, Yoshiki has a wonderful voice as well, especially in "Forever love" the acoustic version. Its so beautiful. And the translation of it is beautiful as well. Just ties together ya know?[/B][/QUOTE]

I can tell you're a big X fan.

Yoshiki was pianist/drummer.

Toshi was vocalist.

[i][color=crimson]Oh...really?! *so didn't know that* I thought he did do the singing...blah...i have everyone mixed up in my head and im confused and its late....so please forgive me for messing up. ^^;; I must have misread stuff and gotten people backwards. I'm sorry. Well whoever sang "forever love" i loved their voice! *nods* Oh ya now i remember, it was Yoshiki who wrote the lyrics and the music for that song. Duh me! God Im a blond, and im not even blonde.....i just have my moments...you know what i mean right?[/color][/i]

[B]Oh...really?! *so didn't know that* I thought he did do the singing...blah...i have everyone mixed up in my head and im confused and its late....so please forgive me for messing up. ^^;; I must have misread stuff and gotten people backwards. I'm sorry. Well whoever sang "forever love" i loved their voice! *nods* Oh ya now i remember, it was Yoshiki who wrote the lyrics and the music for that song. Duh me! God Im a blond, and im not even blonde.....i just have my moments...you know what i mean right?[/B][/QUOTE]

No, I don't really know what you mean. I've never confused Toshi for Yoshiki.

Seeing as Toshi is vocalist, there's a good chance it was him singing "Forever Love". And judging by the fact it sounds like the same guy who sang 99% of X's other songs, I'd say it's pretty obvious.

[B]i have a picture of yoshiki in langerie...hehe, sexy::nosebleed::[/B][/QUOTE]

I have a picture of him wearing only underwear with a bunch of hands groping at him. It's the cover of Jealousy:

[img]http://necrophilia.nu/haruka/reviews/Jealousy.jpg[/img]

Big deal.

I dont see what the big deal is. Gackt is a hack. He left the Visual Kei scene to join the JPop band-wagon. He's a sell out.

Eack one of Deru's albums sound different when compared to eachother, which is a good thing, becuase if shows how much they have progessed sence the days of Missa. Each one of their albums are good, you should BUY them.

naked? i thought it was iligal in japan to show a penis...or is that not there? he also does nude comercials, taped down tho, so nothing more shows...::nosebleed::

even if he is a sell out, hes still sexy and his music is pretty good.

i got a chinese edition of kisou for 15 bucks. kyo's voice is awesome, even when the words are chinese. kinda makes me feel like i ripped them off. hehe

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by scrmngfangrl [/i]
[B]i got a chinese edition of kisou for 15 bucks. kyo's voice is awesome, even when the words are chinese. kinda makes me feel like i ripped them off. hehe [/B][/QUOTE]

You just wasted $15 on a bootleg. By spending $15 on this CD you have:

a) Supported thieves.
b) Not supported the band in any way.
c) Wasted your money.
d) Spent money on a CD you might as well have burned yourself.

So, yes, you did rip them off I'm afraid to tell you.

Thats acctually not entirely true. Import cds from Taiwan and Singapore cost as much as US cds, but they are not bootleg. I've bought the Chinese verstion of Luna Seas album "Lunacy" for $18 from a chinese grocery store and it was definetly not a bootleg.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "even when the words are in chinese." Do you mean the cd booklets? Because I'm pretty sure those are still written in Japanese, even if they are from China. Mine were at least.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SadClown [/i]
[B]Thats acctually not entirely true. Import cds from Taiwan and Singapore cost as much as US cds, but they are not bootleg. I've bought the Chinese verstion of Luna Seas album "Lunacy" for $18 from a chinese grocery store and it was definetly not a bootleg.[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm well aware of the official overseas versions of CDs.

Unfortunately they are not produced for Dir en grey. So therefore, any version that is not Japanese is a bootleg.

There was an Overseas version of Kisou produced. I paid something like $18 for it, and I've checked on it. The CD itself says "Made in Japan" on it, and the cover art is actually upside down. And there's no Obi Strip either. Thats the only Overseas version of Deg that I know of.

The case says:
SFCD-0012
2002 Firewall Div. Made in Hong Kong.

The CD says the same thing except it says Made in Japan, not Made in Hong Kong.

The bootleg version of Kisou is not well known. It's made by Alion Records. So check your CD. There is no known bootleg of six Ugly or VULGAR.

However, Kyo doesn't ever sing in Chinese. The Overseas version and the Japanese versions are the exact same things, with the exception of some first press things. The music remains in Japanese, the written lyrics remain in Japanese (unless there is an added slip of translated lyrics), and the songtitles remain in Japanese.

[B][i][color=lightpink]So you mean some of them are bootlegged but you just might not know it? That's pretty scary. *nods* i wonder if i got the bootlegged version of Gauze. I sure hope not.[/color][/i] [/B][/QUOTE]

Unless it was made by Firewall Records ir East West Records, it is.

Bootlegs for GAUZE are made by Ho Son and EverAnime. MACABRE and Kai Remix 01 are bootlegged by EverAnime. SO if you have any of those names onyour CDs, you have a bootleg.

[i][color=lightpink]AHHH!!! I have a bootlegged Gauze....now i feel all crummy and horrible! That's just not friggen right~! I have an :Ever anime: version of Gauze. D*mn this friggen sucks so much!! Thanks for telling me at least. [/color][/i]

well RL, your not alone...my gauze is bootleg::gasp/sob::
now i feel like burning it and sending it around to all my friends without it,for a bit of spite that would really workto help Diru. well, it might have been the hard way, but atl least we learned something.

no wonder i recognised a lot of the characters...

[i][color=lightpink]OMG! I have 3 friggen bootlegged albums! They are:

1.) Gauze -Dir en Grey

2.) -Kai- Remix - Dir en grey

3.) Gluhen: Fight Fire with Fire - Weiss Kreuz

I feel so sad now. That's just not cool. Where I got these albums from was here:

chibitokyo.com
&
animecastle.com

I advise to not buy from them becuase of the fact they sell bootlegged CD's. so you should really buy from yesasia.com

[b]This is all my opinion. You don't have to listen to me!![/b][/color][/i]