OtakuBoards

Kikaider

Squall

OOC: Moderators, I checked the past 30 days for a kikaider thread, and I couldn't find any. I'm pretty sure I didn't skip any.

I really can't belive that Android Kikaider hasn't been posted about. It was the only humorless anime I have ever seen, a bad ending (in both android kikaider the animation AND kikaider01) cool fight scenes, and my personal favorite, except for .hack. Some things I wanted to discuss were...

1) did you see the transition between kik. animation and kik.01? Cause, [spoiler] in the last episode of the animation, Jiro walks through the forsest alone, while Misuko waits for him at home. Then in Kikaider01, Jiro and Misuko are riding on a motorcycle away from bat things, while the little kid is in a coma like state. [/spoiler] I know there is a transition, 'cause Kikaider 01 makes plenty of references to kikaider anime. (ie saburo/gil/komiogi/ect.)

2) in japan there seems to be a live action kikaider. It... it looks like... the power rangers...(sob)

3)rating and opinion on Kikaider

1) The motorcycle girl is NOT Misuko and 01 is after Kikaider. I liked both series but agree about the endings. It was corny how [spoiler]EVERYONE is a robot[/spoiler].

2) Kikaider the animation is based on the live action. Thats why the story seems old but the animation is crisp and new.

3)KIkaider: 8/10 Kikaider 01, 6/10

I watched Kikaider on Adult Swim, and though I disliked the style of animation, the story and characters kept me interested.

I did see the episode where Misuko is waiting for Jiro's return. The next day, when they aired the first episode of Kikaider01, I seriously believed that I'd somehow managed to miss several very important details. For one thing, what on earth happened to Misuko? Did Jiro just forget she ever existed?

I guess I got confused as to whether Kikaider01 is a direct sequel or an alternate storyline, a la the various Tenchi series. And I agree with you--the ending is absolutely terrible.

However, I wouldn't say that Kikaider is entirely "humorless." If that's the standard by which you judge lack of humor, then I've seen plenty of humorless shows, such as .hack//SIGN and Boogiepop Phantom.

~Dagger~

I liked Kakaider but the animation made we sick to my stomach. The story was good, but the endinds were horrible. I liked the way it was a serious anime. But what happened to the short haired chick? They loved each other (had a very steamy scene putting Jiro back together) and then never saw each other again? The whole robot plot line- robot becomes human and develops emotions- was a little over rated. I never thought of the 2 series being like Tenchi. I guess they're 2 different series. *shrugs*

.hack//sign has comedy, just not in leaps and bounds. I think it was the first ep. when Tsukasa rides the puchigos into the wall over and over. And you can't forget Mimiru for most comic relief. I guess a little bit in Kikaider01 Ichiro can provide humor, but again, not in leaps and bounds (let alone hops and skips)

I guess if you watched the show from Professor Gil's view, it would be hillarious.

PS I almost forgot when Jiro learned how to play the guitar from that one student. That was pretty funny.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]

I like Kikaider because of its Story, Diolauge, and the English Sieyuu. But I disliked it because of its old character design. If they made a modern day remake of the show. Using the same dialouge and everything, but having a much better and fresher character design, It would be a smash hit.

The characters just looked ugly. Especially in robot form. And there attacks were worse. Like Benjider's attacks. Although strangely arousing. Wait, did I just say that? But anyways, the character and attack design could have been a thousand times better.

So I would give it an 8/10 all together.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=indigo]
I rather enjoyed Kikaider when I saw it on Adult Swim. It dealt with some very interesting questions, such as what it means to be human and such. The battle scenes were pretty cool, but it wasn't like "Oh, let's go blow everyone up!" And the relationships were angsty- my favorite kind. I absolutely loved Kiakaider and give it a 9/10. As for 01, I hated it so much! There were no good morals (and if there were, someone please point them out to me), the battles were boring, and there was basically no romance, much less angst. There was no visible transition, and the fact that... what Eternal Otaku said... that was stupid. And while both endings were horrible, the ending for 01 was much worse. So 01 got a 4/10, and that's being kind.

Has anyone heard about the other one? There's another Kikaider anime. I read about it in Newtype, but it's only in Japan right now. Any news?
[/color]

A new one you say? That's going to rock. I personally loved almost every aspect to kikaider, but Misuko looks...muscular. Also, Kikaider was way too vain. (don't look at me!!)

Kikaider 01 was definately different, but I still liked it. Except for the new ending theme, with the looooong scroll on kikaiders circuts and the boring music...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarkDemon [/i]
[B]the second seson is lame with a capitol LAME [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I'm sorry, but you need to put more thoughts and efforts into your posts or otherwise they will be considered spam, like this one. Please go to the OtakuBoards Information Center and read the rules on post quality there.[/color][/size]

Kikaider 01 is not the same show and was not intended to be an extension. It was an OVA based on the Kikaider 01 live action series. The Kikaider series are some of my favorite anime, by the way.

I enjoyed Kikaider 01 moreso because I liked Ichiro and Rei's characters.

I'm assuming if there really is another Kikaider anime series (considering the others weren't that popular in Japan), it will probably focus more on Kikaider 00.

I thought KiKaider was an ok show. I mean, it had an good plot, which made it interesting to watch, but the character drawings could have been better. I don't know if they where just trying to get into the new style of anime or what, but compared to other shows that came out during that time, it needs some work. The only thing i didn't like is how there really is no transition between the two series. Ok, maybe it is an alternate universe or something, but ya think they would have at least mentioned it.
The only thing i liked about the second series was Rei. The plot was horrible, and it really made no point. I hope that this new one that is coming out, will hopefull resolve the ending of the first one, and maybe be a transition between the two.

I can see that many people didn't get Kikaider01, so here's the deal:

[spoiler] DARK survived Kikaider and Komyogi's attack, and went on to build Armegeddon, Komiogi's legacy. Because of it's power (or something) The armegeddon needed a key and/or pilot, which Komyogi implanted into Masaru. There's a huge flip flop and weird unshown stuff, but Mitsuko, Masumaru, and Jiro find each other again and run from DARK to save Masaru. The new kikaiders awoke while they are runninng and join him. Prof. Gil is ressurected in the body of Hakaider, and brings with him three (or four) of his most trusted comrads. They try to capture the kikaiders and Masaru along with the forces of DARK. Mitsuko discovers that she's an androind (and probably Bijinder's sister) and get's killed by Gil, letting Masaru go to DARK. Armegeddon is awoken and the kikaiders try to stop it. DARK develops a circut that makes them follow orders (and gives them a cruel heart) and implants it into everyone but Jiro. When Jiro is captured they try to implant it into him, but the Gemini interfears, and gets a half and half deal, like the bad circut and the Gemini fighting for control. Jiro becomes pretty evil and kills his brothers to get to Gil, who's brain he shatters. (ps great timing, but he becomes human right there) Bijinder and Masaru survive and walk off into the sunset together. [/spoiler]

There. Any confusing elements, ask. I'll be happy to answer or research it. :-) One confusing thing that can throw people off a bit, is Komyogi never had kids, he just created them all.

[quote]There. Any confusing elements, ask. I'll be happy to answer or research it. :-) One confusing thing that can throw people off a bit, is Komyogi never had kids, he just created them all.[/quote]

Your poor attempt at explaining Kikaider 01 would only make people more confused.[spoiler] They are NOT Mitsuko and Masaru. The boy is Akira and is Doctor Gil's son while the girl is Rieko, an android created to take care of him. [/spoiler] Mitsuko and Masaru are humans. I'll spell it out: H-U-M-A-N-S.

Guest TG Inuyoukai
I liked Kikider,but I thought the way they were drawn was lame. It had an interesting story too it, but I got very confused about the two different versions. But after watching for a little while longer I finally figured it out. ^_^

I noticed many people insulting the art. This series was made in the early 90s people, it was digitally restored. I agree the designs were almost as bad as Cyborg 009 but they arent really that that bad. It just goes to show they were trying for story and not graphics. Just like no matter how fancy they make Tetris its the same old game. And Dan I would like to thank you for clearing that up.

Guest SatooKoinu
[COLOR=chocolate]I thought Kikaider was pretty cool...and also kinda confusing, but I'm a bit simple-minded. Nearly everyone in the second season turned out to be a freakin robot! [B]THAT[B]
is what really confused me![/COLOR]