Aries_t3h_ph34r

AMVs-A tribute, or Insult?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. AMVs-A tribute, or Insult?

• Excellant, in anyshape or form.
    • Terrible, never a good thing.
    • Only good if done properly.
    • Only bad when done wrongly.

It's really a quality thing (like most other things): if done properly, they are pretty good. There was this Hanson one, where everyone was committing suicide or begging for death. There was another good one entitled "My Euthanasia," and - well, the title speaks for itself. Haha, that's AMV done right!

I haven't seen that many great AMV's, so I'm not exactly "well-versed" in what's a good and/or bad AMV.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue] I love AMV's. Some are done pretty poorly though, but I know tons that are awsome. I have like 10 downloaded on my computer, all but two are done wonderfully. I have mostly Inuyasha one's of course. ^_^ I don't think they are an insult to aime in any way. People make them to show how much they like that show.... or they just had a cool idea. *shrugs* But I've seen many good AMV's in my life time of liking anime.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

*Any* AMV is an honor for an anime, because it shows that a person enjoyed it well enough to actually make the durn thing.

Granted, it might be misguided or poorly produced, but it's the thought that counts.

Interesting side-note: I've never seen a porrly-done Cowboy Bebop AMV, but I've never seen a well-done DBZ AMV.

[color=indigo]It's just a matter of quality, as said before. I've seen some pretty awful ones, and I've seen really good ones.

Probably the best one I've ever seen is "Tainted Doughnuts", which is about the Bebop crew chasing after Vash for his bounty. It was put together REALLY well, and funny too.:D Any fan of Cowboy Bebop and/or Trigun should check it out.[/color]

I think AMVs rule, they are a fans hard spent time, tho some times the AMVs look like they were slapped together in 15 mintues, its all about getting the right idea at the right time, you need to make sure that yah arent just takeing music and slapping it together with random sences, the music and footge must work as one

THE BEST example of this that i know of and that i can find is a vid call

"A Haku Tribute" done to the song "Weapon" by the Mattew Good Band

This is one of the best vids ever made i give it 5 starts the music perfecty shows the fealing of Zabuza and Haku and how Zabuza tried to make Haku a weapon, also its not just random sences, when the music pics up so does the footge, and the best link of music and vid in this video is a sence were Naruto throws his Kunai to Zabuza, as its goes slowish threw the air, its shows 3 mini flash backs of Haku, all this time while a guiter rift is playing at the excat same speed, i high suguest you get this vid

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lina Inverse [/i]
[B]I agree :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Posts like this are considered spam and are against the OB rules. Please go to the OtakuBoards Information Center and read the rules on Post Quality. You will be amazed at what you find. Now, that post will be deleted.

As for AMVs, you know, I don't think I've ever seen one. But I must have because I know what you are talking about...I've heard there's some hilarious ones for Pokemon with Mindless Self Indulgence tunes. I dunno. People here at the UGAnime club make their own and would help me make one if I was dedicated to it. That's pretty nifty. ^_^[/color][/size]

I think AMV's pay good tribute to the anime they are trying to depcit. Though sometimes the quality might be bad, you still watch them cuz you love the series. One of my favorite ones is one for Gundam Wing, it has Pat Benetar's song "invincible". It's perfect for the gundam boys. I think i've seen the one your talking about Xai. That was a good one. Another one had just Vash and it had "Wanted Dead or Alive" as the song. THat was great!!!! :)

[color=indigo]My brother, whom I mooch off, currently has 168 AMVs. I've seen a good number of them, and for the most part, they're well done. In my opinion, AMVs are a good thing for the series unless they're absolutely horrible. I've actually watched a couple animes because I saw the AMVs for that series and thought it looked good.

As for a favorite, I think that'd be a Cowboy Bebop one done to Metallica's Unforgiven II. That or one done to Van Halen's Right Now, using various clips from a bunch of animes. The first one's cool and serious while the other is funny, and I just can't decide. ^_^[/color]

I think they are mainly good if not done improperly. I myself have never made an amv, I have no software to-_- . I have a few which I found to be pretty good like "When I grow Up" a rurouni Kenshin AMV, there are also a ton of DBZ amv's, I have a few of those. I also have another one that doesn't contain lyrics, but is very unique in my opinion, it has one main screen, and 3 smaller ones to the side showing videos of the Past screens (parts of the amv you have already seen) another smaller version of the main screen called the present, and the last small screen is the future screen, parts you havn't seen yet. The amv ends with The matrix theme and the title is "MusicVideo-JamesNewtonHoward-PastPresentFuture"

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kenshin_Himura_ [/i]
[B]I think they are mainly good if not done improperly. I myself have never made an amv, I have no software to-_- .[/B][/QUOTE] You know, if you are really serious about making a music video or something, there is a completely free (and extraordinarily versatile) program called [url=http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=9649&release_id=192324]VirtualDub[/url]. It's really easy to use. Give it a try if you want. Kudos to Avery Lee for making it free.

Just so you know that having a lack of software isn't a good reason not to make AMVs. ;)