destro53 Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 Which is better, sleep or TheOtaku? I for example have stopped sleeping thanks to forums and my writing. My arguements? Sleep- I have boring, sometimes REALY crazy dreams. Other times I have dreams that are pretty much about me going through a normal day. I can just stay on a constant caffiene rush so that I don't need to sleep. Forums/Writing- Forums allow me to have the intellegent conversations my school is most deffinitly lacking. I can have some simblance (sp?) of a social life, and have made several friends through forums. Writing allows me to get my ideas out and is a excellent stress reliever. Any thoughts?
Dagger Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 Seeing how as sleep is necessary for one's body to function properly, I'll have to vote in favor of sleep. Besides, sleeping and visiting OB aren't exactly mutually exclusive. It's a bit difficult to carry on an intelligent conversation when you're about to doze off. ~Dagger~
destro53 Posted October 12, 2003 Author Posted October 12, 2003 Thats why I carry around something sugary and drink lots of caffeine. I don't need to sleep! And as for the intellegent conversation, I find I think better sometimes when I'm a little out of it. My creativity takes over a little bit more, and I guess I just think a little more.
craig8429 Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 I've lost a few hours due to theotaku, but in reality I wouldn't waste days. its a serious problem if you wait up all night posting/waiting for someone to post.
destro53 Posted October 12, 2003 Author Posted October 12, 2003 Yes, another mental/personality problem to add to the extensive list. I'm schizotypal, avoidant, and borderline, and a few others.
James Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 [color=#707875]Geeze, maybe Adam and I should shut down OtakuBoards due to the health problems it seems to cause. lol[/color]
amibasuki Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 [FONT=arial][i]EDIT: [/i]heh, he was probably like that to begin with 0_o'. no brainer for me; I'd take sleep over theotaku boards anyday. it's just a message board, nothing to lose sleep over, especially when I don't get much sleep to begin with because of school/schoolwork and such of the like. sleep is good. very good. I absolutely [i]need[/i] sleep. I could deal with visiting theotaku only on the weekends.[/FONT]
destro53 Posted October 12, 2003 Author Posted October 12, 2003 Well, boards like this comprise my social life, so like most people, I'm just obsessing over my social life. And yes, ever since Adult Swim started airing, I have gotten alot less sleep.
craig8429 Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B][color=#707875]Geeze, maybe Adam and I should shut down OtakuBoards due to the health problems it seems to cause. lol[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] hey hey! I never said shut it down! I mean what would I do with my bordom filled sundays! :) amibasuki- I have the same thought, sleep is much better then any message board, but hey thats why we are given the daytime!(message boards) ! :) destro53-[QUOTE]Thats why I carry around something sugary and drink lots of caffeine. I don't need to sleep! And as for the intellegent conversation, I find I think better sometimes when I'm a little out of it. My creativity takes over a little bit more, and I guess I just think a little more.[/QUOTE] your going to get fat drinking sugar/eating sugar then sitting around allday posting.
Ryoko T.D.C. Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 *Tweek* Sleep *Tweek* Or Otaku? *Tweek* WHY DO YOU MAKE IT SO HARD! *Tweek* It's 50-50. No, 60-40. Otaku=60%; Sleep=40%. Yeah, thats it!
Kyo no Ryu Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 I hate sleep. I love the otaku. Thats why on weekends Im here till 6 am. I cant live without my daily dose of otaku. Itl effect my brain
destro53 Posted October 12, 2003 Author Posted October 12, 2003 All the people here argueing against sleep should join my club. And so y'all know the word is now Otaku Syndrome- The severe lack of sleep caused by any forum.
Vash's girl Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 I love Otaku, but the sleepy fairy is the best! Haha, you should see me when I don't get sleep! I get cranky and delusional. I'll start getting dizzy and just weird stuff- like your high... Otaku is nice, but sleep is essential. Me and sleepy fairy are like this *twists fingers together*
Zen Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 [SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]I can sleep when I'm dead. I never really slept before I came across the OTaku. The only time I do want sleep is when I have either spent the night performing physical activity (i.e. Dancing, basketball, [censor]...) or I had been working the eintire day enlessly. So I choose the Otaku, just becuase I don't really sleep anyways. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
destro53 Posted October 12, 2003 Author Posted October 12, 2003 The sleepy fairt hates me because everyone hates me, that why I don't sleep. Me and hate we're like....too lazy to do funky finger thingy....anyway, yea I'm crazy wether I sleep or not.
I, Colossus Posted October 12, 2003 Posted October 12, 2003 [color=#006699]Well the bottom line is, you sleep or you die. :p It may sound strange but you would be suprised at how many people die from lack of sleep in Korea. I would take sleep over Otaku[b]Boards[/b] anyday. I need sleep to function, it's who I am. I have spent a couple of all nighters on OB, but nothing huge. I am not so obsessed with a message board I spend all of my time posting there. That's a bit strange and unhealthy. But I'd bet James is happy to know how much people love OB. ^_^[/color]
Sara Posted October 13, 2003 Posted October 13, 2003 [size=1][b]But I'd bet James is happy to know how much people love OB. ^_^[/b] Or severely freaked out, but whatever. Cheers to amibasuki and Shroom for being sane, eh?[/size]
Break Posted October 13, 2003 Posted October 13, 2003 [size=1][color=CC0000]I want sleep. Everyone wants sleep. Homework stops me from sleeping. Damn.. school curriculum.. *fights to keep eyes open to do homework and post*[/size][/color]
Dagger Posted October 13, 2003 Posted October 13, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i] [B][size=1]Cheers to amibasuki and Shroom for being sane, eh?[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] Aw, what about me? ^_~ Despite what anyone else may say, I cling firmly to the belief that sleep is necessary for one to fully enjoy and appreciate OB--as well as all the other good things in life. Such as actually staying alive.... which, given a suffient lack of sleep, won't happen. ~Dagger~
Sara Posted October 13, 2003 Posted October 13, 2003 [size=1]:toothy: Didn't see your post, heh. Cheers to Dagger, as well. But honestly. Y'all are nuts. I stay up late every once in a while, and I'm oftentimes here whilst doing something else...but staying online all night simply to post at OB? Call it what you'd like, but I say no.[/size]
destro53 Posted October 13, 2003 Author Posted October 13, 2003 Like I've said, I'm saying it's good, I'm just saying I do it. It is [i]extremely[/i] crazy and anyone who does it should seek mental help, but then again I am rather crazy.
amibasuki Posted October 13, 2003 Posted October 13, 2003 [FONT=arial]you seem to be rather proud of that...[/font]
Mitch Posted October 13, 2003 Posted October 13, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i] [B][size=1]:toothy: Didn't see your post, heh. Cheers to Dagger, as well. But honestly. Y'all are nuts... [/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1] Reminds me of the planter's commercials with that nut-dude. I really wonder why animal activists don't attack them for that, I mean it's helpless endangerment of peanuts. What will happen when the 'nuts go instinct, and go extinct? I just don't know...and I don't want to face it. If I sound like I need sleep, then I guess I do. I'd take sleep over OB any day...almost.[/size]
destro53 Posted October 13, 2003 Author Posted October 13, 2003 Proud of it! How dare you?! ....Yes, I am quite proud....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now