Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Seeing as it's been an extreamly long time since I made a last banner. I felt that my skill with MS Paint was going down. So I've started making MS Paint banners again. The latest one I've made is of Genjo Sanzo from Saiyuki.
[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=500310[/IMG]
Posted
that is good!!! the text is a bit hard to read. . . but it still looks really cool. i've never been able to do anything in MS Paint. . . i have like zero skill with it. . . so sad. but obviousley you do!! yay. very very nice
10/10
~haze
Posted
Thanks Haze Gundam006. Yeah, the font is kinda hard to read. Had some problems with it. And the only reason I could be better with Paint is because before it had been the only program I could use. -__- Which made all my banners/avi.s suck. Anyways, I had just finished this Naruto one a few minutes ago. I couldn't think of anything to put on it though.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=500512[/IMG]
Posted
Thanks Eclectic. ^^ Glade you liked them. Here's another one I've been finishing up. Here's one I had been doing for a request in the Banner/Avater area that I've decided to do.
This one is really taking me awhile though. Comments and suggests for this one please.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=500720[/IMG]
Posted
i like that !! it is kinda different. . . like 2 sides. . . its cool. but i think it kind of lacks something. . . im not sure what but i can say for sure it does.

i like the second one too!! its reall cute-like. ^__^
Posted
[color=chocolate]Sanzo Banner: Nice job Ruby! I love the pic and colors. They go well with dear Sanzo's personality. THe only complaint I have is the text. It's a bit hard to read. But otherwise, very good. I give it a 9.5/10

Naruto Banner: Very, very nice! Heh, the pic of Naruto is funny! 10/10

Evangelion Banner: Okay. Kaworu side-wonderful! Shinji side...Here's where you need to work. First off, the text in the top left corner (("Fate")). It's sorta out of place. It's smaller than the other side, and a bit crammed. I like how you "fogged" Shinji's pic like Kaworu's, but the background, with Eva 01...It seems a bit off. Not as good as the other side. ^__^ But overall, it's a very good banner! 9/10

You're a really good banner artist Ruby! *puppy dog eyes* Could you teach me your ways? LOL, can't wait to see more!

-Erin[/color]
Posted
I'm amazed that you can make these banners with MS Paint alone. That takes some real skill.

I like the Sanzo banner, but you might want to clean up the text a little bit, if possible. The Naruto banner is very colorful and clean; it's definitely my favorite.

You might want to enlarge the word "Fate" in the Eva banner. It's a little small, so I didn't quite see it at first.

~Dagger~
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]I like them all, the only problem I have is with the first one. It's very dark and it might go better with a different font, that one blends into the backround making it terribly hard to see. Otherwise I don't really have anything to comment on. But your other two are great, kind of plain, but great. Keep it up, I can't wait to see your future work! ^_^[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
I like them alot. i myself use MS paint to make my banners and I know how difficult it is to make them look real good. But how did you get the 3-D like effect on the naruto one? Just curious. Keep up the good work.
Posted
Alot of boardom and time on ones hands usually hlpe. And as for the 3-D effect on the secon banner. I had used therr images. First was Naruto, second was whats in the back of naruto, and the three one was of a wallpaper I had had. It had had 3-D shaded parts, so I cut it out and repeatedly made it smaller and cutted it so it was the right size. Anyways heres a new banner I had made for some one in the banner/avi. request area. The other one is one I had recently made of Mutio. It has a plan pink bg though, because I could thinkg of anything else to put. And I'm going to try and modify banners 2 and three. So Hopifully I can make them better then they are now.


Banner 1
[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=501431[/IMG]
Posted
[color=chocolate]Asuka/Rei Banner: I personally love this banner! I like the way you did the top and sides. My only complaint is the way you cut the pic of Asuka. It's a little frizzy around the edges of the back of her head, and halfway down, her hair sorta...disappeared...yea. But otherwise, very nice banner. 9/10

Mutio Banner: Hmmm...Very intersting Ruby. The pic and the color set don't really match. I dunno, it just doesn't look right to me. And the pic is sorta faded. Could use some work. But brownie points for doing a BS#6 Banner! 8/10

-Erin[/color]
Guest Magdalena
Posted
Only major major problem I have with the banners is with the font. The font is usually the hardest part. Other than that they are fairly decent.
Posted
Yeah, for the Mutio banner I couldn't think of a very good bg or border for it. And I was kinda on a time limit. I had made it before school had started and my time was limited to finish. As for the font, my MS Paint program has only the fonts that came with it. And all of them are pretty bad to use on banners. As for the eva one I had had problems with the cut out job. But I did take the advie you guys had givin me. I tryied a different back ground for the eva one side and a different and bigger text. As for the angel side I left it how it was because people seemed to like that side as it was.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=502658[/IMG]
Posted
Here's another one I had made for ~aya kinimoto~ since she didn't like the first one too muc. I had problems with this one. I couldn't match up the right pictures of Rei and Asuka for the
banner. And Met. had asked me to change the other Eva. banner. Although, I'm now back to having problems with it. Oo I think I messed it up again...

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=502401[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=502658[/IMG]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Metatron [/i]
[B]I think I sent my critiques on the banner via PM o_O PM me when you're done with it. Sorry bout being picky [/B][/QUOTE]
It would be appreciated if you post the critiques here as well, if you plan to make a comment in this thread. If not, then simply don't post at all since it isn't going to contribute any more to the discussion, and if you sent her a PM, she'll see it. ^_~
Posted
Err....yeah, I had gotten them. ^^ Anyways since no one commented on the last two banners. These two might give some thing to comment about. Because the first one isn't something I normally do.

[IMG]http://brokeneyes.250free.com/kenmeibanner03.JPG[/IMG]
Posted
is ti just me or is that like the 4th time you have posted that eva banner? i think it is different? i do like the banner that you posted with rei and asuka. it looks very good. though i do agree that the pictures do not quite match up. but it is a nice job. i really like that last one you did. the green looks good. i also like the background. who is that a photo of?
~haze
Posted
Nice work! Your Eva "Fate/Free Will" banner looks [i]so[/i] much better. I particularly like the new font.... its color seems to match Kaworu's eyes, which makes for a rather aesthetically pleasing effect.

~Dagger~
Posted
The character on the green banner if from War of Genisis. I think you spell her name Diene. About to eva banner, I keep changing it over and over again. And then don't know what to do with it. I become really confused when making it. Anyways, here's the next one I did.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=504115[/IMG]
Posted
[color=chocolate]War of Genises Banner: Wow Rube! I really like this one. 10/10

Shinji/Kaworu banner: *pats you on the shoulder* I still think [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=502213]this[url] ((<---Click)) one's the best.

Rei/Asuka banner: *claps* Yay! Go Ruby! You did a much better cut on this one! 9.5/10, simply because I think the difference between manga Asuka and anime Rei is a bit off.

Unknown Green banner: *marvels at the greenness* Ooooh...Pretty...*snaps out of it* Anyways! I really like this banner. 10/10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since I'm here, Ruby, check out the Adventure Forum on Anime HQ. C-ya on the other side!

-Erin[/color]
Posted
Here are some new banners I've made. The first Clover one, I couldn't find a very good color for it. And the second banner fo Clover I had wanted to try some thing new in paint. So I used gray scale pictures and green font. Also here's an avi. I had recent;y done. (I'm better at avi.s) I like the avi. pretty well. Though I think there may be something wrong with it, but I can't figure out what...

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=505269[/IMG]

[IMG]http://brokeneyes.250free.com/elsewhere01.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]http://brokeneyes.250free.com/sorrowbanner.JPG[/IMG]
Posted
they are pretty good. but i must say that i donot like the middle banner because teh font is way too hard to read. but other than that it is very pretty. i like the grey scale banner as well. very nice. but one thing still bugs me. are you changing that eva banner at all or just reposting it? cuz it looks the same to me. ah well
~haze
Posted
Thanks, I couldn't find a very good font eaither. I'm using a very old computer. That dosen't allow me to upload new things. And nope the eva banner is awalys different some how. I keep getting orders to change it. Then once done so I'm confused on what to do. So it's up so maybe that others can help me out and give pointers on it. When making that banner, I get very confused. Oo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...