OtakuBoards

Daft Punk Anime Videos = New Movie!!

Shinobi

That right poeple, those Daft Punk music videos we all love (or hate for that matter) are being made into a movie!

The animated videos used by the French disco duo have been collected in a film that is soon to be released in cinemas and on DVD.

The plot is of 4 musicians from another galaxy, who are kidnapped by an evil manager wanting to form the greatest band on Earth, but they lose their sould as a consequence.

Daft Punk, obviously, provide the music to this Leiji Matsumoto film.

It will be released in cinemas on the 24th of October and on DVD on the 1st of December!

So, will any of you go to see this movie? Or buy the DVD? I would like to go see it in the cinema but i probably wont be able to convince my non-anime loving friends to come along. Although they might come along because they sure loved the videos ^^. Also, have any of you got anymore information on this? Everything i have posted is the only info i can get. So if you know anything else, please post!

[color=hotpink][size=1]I don't know if I can believe that, lol. The movie comes out in theatres on the 24th of October, but then is released on DVD on December 1st? Doesn't that seem a bit sudden?

But if it is so, I am a big Leiji Matsumoto fan, so I will try to watch it if I can. ^_^;[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinobi [/i]
[B]So, will any of you go to see this movie? Or buy the DVD? I would like to go see it in the cinema but i probably wont be able to convince my non-anime loving friends to come along. Although they might come along because they sure loved the videos ^^. ! [/B][/QUOTE]

Man! Is it me or do you and I have something in common? I LOVE daft punk, and my friends do not like anime either.... The music is catchy, and I love those blue peeps! The music videos were neat. I could watch them over and over again.
Rock on! I can't wait!
Thankya!
Cocomi Myojin

OMG! if that is true i will be sooooo happy! I love Daft Punk's music, and when they used to show there music videos on Toonami, i used to watch them all the time. I tried to download them, but it didn't work. I will be forever happy if this is true!
I just love how they do techno, it's sooo good! If you haven't listened to this group you should, it's defenetly worth while!

I am sooo glad that I looked at this!! I absolutely love Daft Punk. And it's not just me. It's basically my whole family!!! If this is true about them coming out with a movie, then I'm definately going to see it and I'm going to get the DVD too. YAYYYYY!!

And Dragonstar, I remember the guitar ship. It totally rocked! All of the videos were cool, especially the one when their memories were being erased and replaced.

:D I love the style in the videos too, you have your classic comic relief too, the guy with the bottle in 'One More Time' Correct me if I have the title wrong, it's been three years at least (oh my god thats a long time, blue didn't even have a tail)

Methinks the guy with the guitar ship is a possible love interest, of course, I could be over-analysing here, but I could totally follow the narrative of the first tewo videos, the third, I only saw three times, the fourth... I never even saw all of that one.

... I wonder if I could download 'em somewhere... :D

I HAVE MORE NEWS PEOPLE!
The name of this movie is INTERSTELLA 5555. It is currently released in Japan (i think the 24th of October was the Japanese release, but it didn't say that in the British mag i was reading :p.)
Interstella The [b]5[/b]tory of the [b]5[/b]ecret [b]5[/b]tar [b]5[/b]ystem is to be released in December on DVD as I stated in my first post although i still don't know what country! I can, however confirm that it came out in Japan a couple of months ago. So it will soon be over here :D.

Very cool, very very cool...awesome, very very awesome! Whoo hoo! This is going to be so stellar, des ka? Man, someone brought up quite a point about that guitar guy dying or not. I forgot all about him. I wonder if I can save up some money to get the DVD, I hope...well, rock on, people!
Cocomi
P.S. Rockstar Haruko-I looove your Banner! And Shinobi-funny banner-it rocks!

• 3 weeks later...
You mean you've never seen all four videos? And you call yourself a Daft Punk fan. J/K! :). Yes, i know what i want for my birthday! Daft Punk please!!! I just hope that it will be released in the U.S. in time for that day, or atleast for Christmas. Just think about waking up to a beutiful DVD of Daft Punk. *sigh* I would be in heaven!