OtakuBoards

Justice League

Kent

It's like they can read my mind. Creepy. A good portion of the Joker's play-by-play in tonight's episode was exactly what I was thinking...

(Harley punches Batman)
Me: "Wow. Didn't see that one coming."
Joker: "Didn't see that one coming."

(Green Lantern gets attacked while defusing a bomb)
Me: "Even I knew that was a trap."
(Joker proceeds to say GL should've known it was a trap.)

(GL and HG have a quick argument)
Me: "They are so into each other."
Joker: "I wonder if there's something going on between those two."

I love the Joker. He's one of the greatest super villains of all-time. Not only can he cook up a near-impossible scheme, but he'll make jokes throughout the whole thing. He's a crazy mofo who really enjoys his sociopathic work. Gotta respect that in an evil madman.

I'm glad we finally get something definite on the whole Hawkgirl/Green Lantern thing. I was getting tired of those two beating around the bush. We were also given the first sight of Hawkgirl without her mask, which was good. A friend of mine thought it was her face. :rolleyes: I guess that's what happens when you draw a character with their mask on too often. The writers are damn clever to write a relationship like that. Anyone else remember when those two hated each other? By the way, did anyone else notice the animation quality suddenly increase during the kiss scene?

I can't wait for the xmas episode. It looks like it'll be hilarious. It'll be interesting to see what a half dozen superheroes do during the holidays. I'll be a little disappointed if they don't include gratuitous cameos by their families and friends (Robin, Supergirl, ect.)

Yeah...

After last night's episode, I would say the above cited director's comments are perfect.

The story managed to take development on the hg/gl front, flash & the bat both exhibited extrodinary skills and superman was knocked around, but always got back up with the Im stronger than you thing.

I didn't see wonder woman or the green fella... (never know how to spell jaque? Sp? )

I also wanna mention what I felt were highlights...

Bomb exploding in relevance to flash's running it out of town... that looked like slow motion it was so fast :D

Superman showing is cliche, but always awesome strength and hand-to-hand skills against the big guy enemies. (Im just a sucker for anything like that... it can even be seen in viewing habits of the past... dbz anyone?)

And one of my favorites...

The Bat.

He was awesome with his agility and intelligence. His leadership throughout that fight was impeckable and his ability to cordinate that leadership role with an active attacking position (mind you, being human the whole time)... that was so cool to me.

Of course, the joker makes another appearance... and so...

The show was great.

I used to feel that way about it too and I also hated that episode then one week on Saturday I felt like watching it and it was the episode with Dr. Destiny and revealing everyone's nightmare. That episode got me back into the show again and the episodes started getting consistently better after that.

And I think it's aired on Toonami at 5:30 Eastern time.

[size=1][b]
First off, I'm a huge Justice League fan. I have a question. When did Gorilla Grogg get un-brain melted?

It is unfortunate that the Flash's powers aren't up to par. I mean, in the episode with the Royal Flush Gang, that Flash ran up a wall while 10 was hurling bombs at him. There was a good ten feet in front of him before he got to the bomb. Yet he still tripped over it. that just bothered me.

I have aways known that Batman had to be smart. But JL turned him out to be some sorta super-genius. I mean, how many orphaned businessmen do you know that could build the javelin-7 or a transdimensional transporter? I mean, it's refreshing to see, but I'm used to seing him throw Batarangs and smoke bombs.

GL and HG. Totally saw it coming. Even before the whole assslap deal. When she took off her mask, I half expected it to be horribly disfigure but GL Loved her anyway. But, she's hot. For a cartoon. If you ask me, I would have thought that an interracial relationship on a children's cartoon would be a little too controversial. I guess I was wrong. I have nothing against it. But, I'm surprised that some Fundamentalist Christian group out of Alabama didn't. It's all become politically correct. It turned from the Justice League of America to just the Justice League. I guess they didn't want to discriminate against France.

Wonder Woman isn't really anything more or less than I expected.

Superman is getting to be a joke. I remember an issue of the Superman comic where he swallows a dynamite bomb and it explodes inside him. Now, when a sidewinder explodes 200 yard away from him , he is sent barreling toward the ground. Well, I may have exagurrated (*sp.) a little

Is it just me, or does the martian manhunter's name sound a little too american? J'onn J'onzz/ John Jones? Do you understand what I mean? Oh well, he's cool in my book.

The Christmas episode looks great. Ima watch it. Then Ima watch it again at midnight. If the Manhunter or HG asks about Christmas, do you think they'll talk about the birth of Christ? It's an interesting query.

[color=red]
-gotta have that funk- [/color][/b][/size]

Interracial relationship too controversial? What decade are you living in? What country?

In Batman Beyond, Terry's girlfriend was Asian-American. In X-Men Evolution, Nightcrawler was dating a black girl. Trust me, it doesn't get any more interracial than a German mutant with blue fur and an African-American human. It's not very frequent, but it's in several cartoons.

Nice points fellas.

Indeed, the inter-racial relationship was noticed on this end. I don't know where the jl creators stand on politics, so Im just gonna role with it. :D (politically correct and all that ;) )

Im also seeing where the superman thing can be sorta saddening, but I also see a great story developing around it. Superman had expressed feelings of frustration with the team and then in the aftermath used a nasty laser attack that mowed down everything while wounding hawkgirl. So yes, superman's invulerability is an issue with future story written all over it.

As for the bat... Damn Im happy with that representation. I actually noticed that he was bouncing on and off of a ballcony to dodge an enemy attack in the joker episode. That struck an amazing chord with me as I thought of a real world bat that hangs on walls and flutters just off of them each landing and take off. Needless to say, with the creators take on batman, I am happy. (plus he's super smart and puts a mighty pimp on wonder woman ;) )

Anyway, enough for now... till next time.

If you read my post carefully I said that I didn't have a problem with it but I was surprised that some other people didn't. The point I was trying to make (but didn't do a very good job of) is that what some people find politically correct is something that someone else might find offensive. But, what do I know? I'm only 16 with hardly any life experience. So, I hope you get what I was trying to say.

Well last night's christmas episode was great. (although lacking in action)

Favorite parts:

Superman's household (with the led wrapping paper :D classic)

Flash's charity work... I loved that. (especially the "I kinda liked it when he did the poopy noises." )

Anyway, next week when there is a new ep I will pop back in to give my opinion... till then.

Yeah, the Christams episode was good, but was a bit disappointing that they didn't show how WW or BM celebrated. I think (even though he isn't the celebrating type) they should have showed a little something with Batman.
I sad "Awww." way too much in this episode, which got on my nerves a bit.

I really liked how they all had their own little Christmas as well.
Superman goes home for the holidays (Does his family know that hes SM or not?).
Flash goes to an orphanage and buys all the kids a toy that they agree on. (The toy was a bit... diturbing) along with helping a vilan get in touch with his good side.
Green Lantern usually plays in the snow, but then gets dragged off by HG who likes to inflict pain of someone and then blame it of GL so that a huge fight starts (I laughed).

I thought it was very good how Sh'aun (I don't know how to spell it) went with SM to his place for the season and how he learned about it. (Even though he freeked the cat out). I thought that the epsiode should have been an hour long though with some kind of minor villian prob. but, It was still good ^^.

Flash: Go on and use that thing... I feel to ashamed to care....

Me: Awww..... (Crap)

Gorilla Grogg's brian was never fried he was faking it the whole time. the chrismas episode was really good but it was to short.and as k.k.c. said they should have shown WW an BM celabrating.And that was really funny when HG hit that big monster and blamed it on GL.

Oh yeah. I vaguely remember seeing that at the end of the episode that Grogg smashed a banana or something when the JL walked past or something. Or something. Anyway.

Sorry to sound rude. But, DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHH. Of course his family knows he is Superman. Once again, I apologize for the rudeness. It was kinda sad how J'onn J'onzz had to spend the holidays without his family. It also kinda got me wondering... What kind of holidays do you suppose they celebrate on Mars?

Hawkgirl's celebration looked like a lot more fun than anyone else's. It was Funny how GL had to fight that horny dude. Oh wait. HAH! HORNY!! ok, nevermind.

I was kinda hoping that The Flash's holiday would be a little more humorous. But The Ultra Humanite was kind of a nice twist on things. And the part where he changes the duck's programming to tell the The Nutcracker instead of rapping (or whatever the toy was supposed to do) was a little *sobs* heartwarming.

Well, Sublime, you shouldn't be so rude! J/k, Im not to bright on Justice League back stories and stuff. I always knew SM as... SM. I didn't even know he had a family or anything. And it kinda confussed me when J'onn stutered and almost called him Super Man, but then the parents said they were used to having aliens in the house, so, I got a bit confussed in the head with those two combinations, plus, there is always the black mail issue that comes up with the heroes, villans, ect.

Yeah, I guess I can see where you got confused. Does anyone happen to know what the next ep will be about?? I know it didn't show a preview at the end of the Christmas episode, but I figured that it couldn't hurt to ask.

BTW K.K.C., you so stole the word sammich from me. jk. lol

[sidenote]:D Superman's parents found him in a crash space ship... :D [/sidenote]

Yeah, I loved the holdiay episode, but now that some of you have weighed in, I have started to notice the lack of batman and wonderwoman in that episode. :( A shame I tell you, a shame.

[color=darkblue]-------[/color]

Well before anyone jumps on me, I know this is technically a double post. I am bending this rule in honor of two things... my need to opine on justice league, and two being the length of time between this and the last post.
I know a new thread would do, but keeping threads alive when it is simple discussion of the most recent episodes to our favorite series is just a nice idea to me. Sorry. :D

Now for the justice...

My god, could you believe this last episode?

First would be Flash's importance... not all things are valuable for reasons we can explain. With speed flash contributes legistically, but with charactor and love flash contributes infinitly.

Second would be superman's true powers being shown. I mean, the lobotomies for everyone? :lol: I was serieously crazy watching that. This point also carries us to doomsday. Did anyone catch that? ...
Sure the bone is hard, but laser vision? Never had a chance. :naughty:
This was the extreme abuse of superman's powers all of us have thought of, and never seen. I'm glad the creators reminded us of his true power.

Finally and most importantly... there is a new episode of justice league upon us. How nice. :blush:

Well needless to say, I was really, really happy to see the episode tonight, once again, I am a fan of the justice league.

Looking forward to replies,
-kent

[color=darkblue]Double-post in my forum, will ya? Tsk tsk. :p I combined your posts, and (just to keep the thread bumped up to the first page) added a reply.
--Manic[/color]

• 5 weeks later...
I remember watching Superman (and even those old Superfriends cartoons) and yelling at the TV, because Superman never used his heat vision. I mean, why stand there and let someone walk to the other side of the room to grab the kryptonite? He could kill somebody just by looking at them.

Then he fried Doomsday's brain. Yep. Maybe that was a little more cruel and unusual than I thought it'd be. The first time I saw that episode, I was shocked. I thought exactly what Lois said. That was [i]very[/i] out of character.

I'm looking forward to the season finale TV-movie. I heard it features [spoiler]Hawkman, and some kind of conflict with Thanagar and Earth.[/spoiler] Of course, those are just rumors.

I don't know if this has been answered yet but MM's real name J'onn J'onnz is supposed to sound like John Jones. In fact, in the ocmics, he took on the identity of a dead human by the name of John Jones and uses it as his secret ID.

As far as the cartoon goes, it would be nice if the League's power was at its max and we got to see real League villains, instead of a 1st season of hit and misses. Darkseid, Despero, Dr. Destiny, Doomsday (notice a pattern), Brainiac, and others would have made nice picks for the entire show to work.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I really dislike the Justice League show. They ruin the characters way too much.

On a side note, as far as that "heat vision lobotomizing Doomsday" goes, that's just B.S. Doomsday is too hardcore to be that damaged by Superman's heat vision. At best Supes could heat up the temperature around him to a nearly unbearable degree, but even then Doomsday constantly evolves so he didn't care.

I think it's a matter of story telling. Doomsday and his specs are of no consequence to me, but the value of a good story... :D priceless.

Like this last episode I've watched, with the black diamond that makes the owner want to destroy mankind. Then when hawkgirl breaks the diamond and instead of no one ever touching it, you end up with "jewl shards" in all of the justic league...

I think the show is great.