OtakuBoards

Most Emotional Moment

KarmaOfChaos

:bawl: My emotional moments would definitly be the last episode of Cowboy Bebop; that one made me cry; and the episode of Inuyasha; "Where we first met."

However, the best emotional moment I've seen that touched my heart so deep were the last two episodes of Fruits Basket. My friend spent the night at my house for the summer weekend, and she brought the fourth volume of Fruits Basket. While she was sleeping, I stayed up till 5:00 am in the morning watching the whole volume. I was crying like crazy for Kyo's secret and Tohru's actions. She's a brave young girl who faces any type of drama, and still helps make everything alright. :confused: :wigout:

I love that show!!!!:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

The most emotional moments I've ever seen? Hmm...
I didn't cry when [spoiler] Julia died. [/spoiler] But I bawled when [spoiler] Spike did. After he killed Vicious he came out of the building and stood on the steps all bloodied up. He made a pretend gun with his fingers and said "Bang" then fell down dead. [/spoiler] I used up plenty of tissue.
And when [spoiler] Gill put that thing in Jiro (Kikaider) to counteract the Gemini system and Kikaider killed all his siblings to get to Gill then killed him saying that he was now fully human and that it was both his blessing and his curse. [/spoiler] I cried a good five minutes into Trigun.
On Trigun, when [spoiler] Wolfwood died [/spoiler] I bawled. I totally love him! No fair! I was so sure that [spoiler] Millie (sp?) would get with Wolfwood, but Nooo! He had to go and die! It was so touching how he died in a church asking for forgiveness. Oooh! Tears! [/spoiler]

Like others have commented before, I got really emotional in episodes 18-19 of Naruto when [spoiler] Haku and Zabuza die. When Zabuza breaks down into tears after Naruto tells him off for being so cold-hearted, I honestly couldn't stop crying. Just thinking about it right now is making me tear up! And when it starts to snow, and Zabuza asks Kakashi to set him next to Haku so that he could be by his side at the end...and a snowflake lands on Haku's face, melting into what looks like a tear, I was seriously sobbing for a good fifteen minutes afterwards![/spoiler]

Another emotional part for me was in Episodes 32-33 when [spoiler] Sakura is left alone trying to protect Naruto and Sasuke from the sound ninjas, and it shows Ino recalling the past. It is such a growing point for Sakura because she's always been protected, and she finally shows that she'd give up superficialities for her friends [/spoiler].

Other emotional moments that I can think of are from the Kenshin OVAs. [spoiler]As much as I love Kenshin and Kaoru together, Tomoe's role in Kenshin's life is instrumental in Kenshin's development as a swordsman and to see Kenshin kill her...I was speechless. In the Reflection OVA, when Sanosuke throws Kenshin the fish, and he can't even catch it...To see Kenshin so weak when I've only seen him as a strong swordsman was heartbreaking! And to see him finally come home only to collapse in death in Kaoru's arms...Sob! [/spoiler].

As for one that I haven't seen mentioned, I would have to bring up a moment in the 2nd to last episode of Scrapped Princess when [spoiler] Pacifica finally gets to meet her twin brother after almost 16 years of life, and when they finally start to talk, and Pacifica babbles on and on, her brother pulls her in close for a hug. He then stabs her with his sword, and you can see her surrogate brother and sister looking on with smiles plastered on their faces before realization sets in as to what has happened...I had to pause the episode because I couldn't take it![/spoiler]. It was such a good series!! *runs off to watch it over again*

There are rare emotional scenes that truly tear at me. While most animes have moments where you think "whoa", there are a rare few that make you shout in anger and cry. Of all the anime I've watched, only two animes have struck me hard. Trigun and Naruto.

Trigun: [spoiler]As previously mentioned, the scene where Wolfwood dies is just tear-wrenching. I remember watching it, hoping he'd make it, despite the fact that I KNEW he was going to die. Maybe it was the way he begged for a bit more time in front of the alter? Could have it been the fact that Milly and him finally were getting so close? Or could it have been he was an awesome round character who had finally found peace? Whatever the reason, he was truely a beautiful character that I'm sure made MANY cry.[/spoiler]

Naruto: [spoiler]Naruto probably has many diverse characters that are pretty awesome. However, two temporary characters in it, Zabuza and Haku, probably impacted MANY watchers and anyone who's read the manga. Personally, I cried when Naruto was yelling at Zabuza for telling him what he thought what a shinobi really was. After all the yelling, Zabuza turned to him with tears coming down his cheeks, he reponds to Naruto, "Kid...you don't...need to say anymore." And, the way the panels of what Haku had said to Naruto before were arranged as Naruto was yelling at him, crying, made it so much more emotional. The manga did a wonderful job with that scene. The anime was just as awesome, if not more. I remember that I practically bawled when I was seeing it.[/spoiler]

I would name a few, but none would come as close. I really shouldn't have come into this topic...I read the CB ending. Jeesh. lol

Maybe I'm a heartless cretien, but most anime deaths really don't get to me....

The last time I was really, really bothered by a character death was in....1998, watching Beast Wars. (Not really anime, but hey.)

[spoiler]The episode "Code of Hero", with Dinobot's death, was really emotional for me. Dinobot remains my favorite Transformer of all time, and he got the best death scene in American cartoons to date. I don't want him ever brought back, although his clone being brought back would be okay.[/spoiler]

In terms of general emotion, I thought the scene in Tenchi in Tokyo [spoiler]where Ryoko finds Tenchi kissing Sakuya on the roof[/spoiler] was really well-done. TiT was the worst Tenchi series, but that scene was one of the best out of all of them.

Also, I know most people choose [b]That Scene[/b] as the most emotional in Trigun, but the one I thought most emotional was when [spoiler]Vash tells Meryl his entire past. With no dialogue, that scene conveyed a lot. It really showed how much Meryl meant to Vash if he would tell her everything, even about Rem.[/spoiler]

Lest we forget, that simple scene in Big O when [spoiler]Dorothy checks back to where she found Perro just to see if he might be there.[/spoiler] It's the little moments that can jump out sometimes.

I also tend to get very emotional while watching InuYasha, whenever [spoiler]InuYasha and Kagome are about to kiss. I'm practically yelling at the screen: "Kiss her, you moron!!"[/spoiler] Sigh.

[QUOTE]
I also tend to get very emotional while watching InuYasha, whenever [spoiler]InuYasha and Kagome are about to kiss. I'm practically yelling at the screen: "Kiss her, you moron!!"[/spoiler] Sigh. [/B][/QUOTE]

I remember watching that at a convention. I always miss the very begining, but everytime I always catch that moment about five times. I new it was gonna happen very soon, and it's about time.

I love that scene; it's soooo cuuuttteee!!!!!:love: :bawl: :bawl:

Trigun: [spoiler]When Wolfwood died, that was the first time I seriously cried over an anime. . .all right, sniffled (I'm not that big of a crier over much), nevertheless, that WAS one of the most touching scenes ever in anime IMHO. It really rounded out Wolfwood as a character, it was *so* sad. . . :bawl: although I knew it was coming thanks to an idiot online *grr*[/spoiler]

Another from Trigun: [spoiler]Legato. I'm surprised no one's mentioned that, but that was IMHO the saddest death in the whole series. I sniffled once more. . .such a pathetic character, such a pathetic end. . .forcing Vash to kill him in order to serve Knives, and Knives laughing afterward. . .:bawl::bawl::bawl:[/spoiler]

From Big O: [spoiler] When Dorothy lost her memory circuits and effectively died. . .and Roger answering her question about love. . .awwwww :bawl: (Although her return at the end of the series was interesting. . .) [/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MillieFan [/i]
[B]
Another from Trigun: [spoiler]Legato. I'm surprised no one's mentioned that, but that was IMHO the saddest death in the whole series. I sniffled once more. . .such a pathetic character, such a pathetic end. . .forcing Vash to kill him in order to serve Knives, and Knives laughing afterward. . .:bawl::bawl::bawl:[/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]

You know...you're right. That was pretty sad, but the reason it really didn't phase me because [spoiler]Legato really didn't stand out as a character, at least not IMO. He was a front for Knives, and told the other Gung Ho Guns what to do. I hope he's more fleshed out in the manga. ^__^[/spoiler]

I am the biggest emotional sap in the world. I can cry from a tv show for an hour, easily. I'm such a nerd. :P

Fruits Basket: I haven't seen the whole series of it yet, but I've seen about half (1-16), so this is the one that got me goin'. [spoiler]The New Year's episode, where Tohru made all this chocolate and such for everyone, and got so excited making a little party for the Sohmas. What she didn't know, was the Sohmas always went to the party at the big house, and Tohru couldn't go, so she was stuck at home for New Years all by herself. Then Kyou and Yuki realized that she always spent New Years with her now dead mother, and this year she would be all alone. They run back to the house (this is where the crying started) with all those thoughts running through their heads, and they finally push open the door to see Tohru with a picture of her mom, about to cry. Then they all collapse to the floor and say how sorry they am and such.[/spoiler] I just thought that was the sweetest thing in the world, and it really showed how much the boys cared for Tohru. *sigh* I flat out bawled for about two hours after that...

Inuyasha: Boy, I have lots of emotional moments in Inuyasha. These are fresh in my mind though, since I recently watched it. [spoiler]In the second movie, when Miroku's Air Void disappeared: I was VERY upset. I was yelling at the tv, cursing to myself, it was not pretty. Without the Air Void, he's just a funny monk with a stick and supposedly-magical pieces of paper! But, I was happy after it opened up again. ^_^ Another Second Movie moment: When Inuyasha and Kagome kissed. Holy Post-its, I could've died. I was dancing all over the room, humming happy things, and just oh so happy. All the suspense leading up to it was very intense, IMO.
I think i just remembered my most emotional Inuyasha moment... When Inuyasha first kissed Kikyo, I was a rabid beast. I was SCREAMING at the TV. I am slightly embarrassed by my behavior today, yet proud. xD Anyways, I'm a big Kagome/Inuyasha supporter, so that ticked me off to no end...[/spoiler]

Lots of Sailor Moon moments too, but way too many to name...

Wow, thats sad... Must go watch that Fruits Basket episode again... xD