OtakuBoards

Most Emotional Moment

KarmaOfChaos

[font=arial][color=deeppink]
I got this idea from my other thread about Fruits Basket. I want to know what you think is the most emotional moment in an anime and why. And I don't mean those 'ooooh, that was so sweet they just kissed!' moments. I mean those 'oh GOD NO! HE DIED!' and then you proceed to cry your eyes out for 20 minutes moments. And remember, be descriptive! I don't want little two line replies...v.v"
And the 'moment' can be, two episodes long or something...time is not a limit! ^-^

Here are my favorites(half of it's going to have the spoiler tag XD):

(Fruits Basket): [spoiler]When Kyo's bracelet gets taken off by Kazuma, and he transforms into the monster. All the characters go through huge emotional extremes, including ones that normally don't show much 'serious' emotion, like Shigure and Kagura. Some of the 'best' parts were when Tohru was at the tree and Akito spoke with her, then Shigure came and he actually started to almost cry and tried to apologize. And then again when Tohru was at her mother's grave and Arisa and Saki ran up and Arisa wanted to comfort Tohru so much, but Saki wouldn't let her, even though Saki didn't even know why, she just knew, even though it was tearing her up inside. The last 'best' part of those two episodes was when Kagura was talking to Yuki, and she asked why it had to be that way, 'why did the rat and the cat have to hate eachother?'. And then Yuki, using all the courage he had went and tried to tell Kyo to stay, and 'wasn't he tired of running' and Kyo finally stopped fighting.[/spoiler] Those two episodes always made me cry. :bawl: You can really see how much all the characters are affected, how much pain they're going through. And afterwards, there's a big development in the characters, more effort to change, that maybe the curse doesn't have to effect all their lives so much. That maybe even they can find love.

Cowboy Bebop: I can tell already this is going to be a popular one. XD [spoiler] The last two episodes, Real Folk Blues, Part 1 and 2, where Julia and Spike both die. Does this really need explaining? I think every Cowboy Bebop fan felt a deep punch in the gut when Spike died, if not before then when Julia did. It was a shock, even if you knew it was coming. It's like "it's really over now." It was a perfect ending, tradgic but befitting. I also think the part when Faye begged Spike to say, and when she told him he was the one who told her that she couldn't let go of the past, but it was really him who couldn't let go. That was the part when I think I truly realized 'Spike's probably not going to make it through this.' [/spoiler]The ending to Cowboy Bebop was truly bittersweet.:(

There's more I could add, especially from Trigun, but I won't. Those two are really my favorites, I'll leave the rest to everyone else. ^-~ Remember, be descriptive!

-[i]Karma[/i]

PS: Half of this is 'spoiler' tagged...XD
[/color][/font]

[size=1] Neon Genesis Evangelion: [spoiler] When Kaworu died. I love/hate that scene.[/spoiler] But other than that, I never really get emotional over animated series/movies.

WELL, Grave of the Fireflies was a very moving movie for me, and I did cry. ^_~ It's very depressing.

Cowboy Bebop: Contrary to the opinions of many fans, [spoiler] I really thought the last scene of the last episode was great. Yes, I really liked the character of Spike, but I like death scenes. =_= [yesh, I know it's weird.] I just thought that scene was a killer one. I enjoyed it thouroughly.[/spoiler]

PS: Welcome to OB. ^_^ It's nice to see someone...[spoiler]who can type. You know. [/spoiler]*walks away before getting flamed*[/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Oh god..... the most emoitional parts, eh? Here it goes.
Cowboy Bebop: I know this was done by everyone so far, but I can't leave it out!![spoiler] When Spike died I just stared at the t.v. screen for like ten minutes. In my mind I was thinking.... What?...... NOOOOOO!! :P Then I got it together. But it was just like having your heart snap... that's kinda what it felt like. I swear I wept for fifteen minutes. It was kinda the same when Julia died.[/spoiler] That was the ultimate ending. It was probably the most emotional one for me.

Trigun: Gah, this one was a stinger too.[spoiler]God, the ep. when Wolfwood died really got to me. When he is done with that fight and goes to that church/chapel, he prays that he can be with Vash and the girls someday in Eden. Then he just... dies. Later on Vash comes back with Wolfwood's gun and tells the girls. Then there is this shot with Milly crying hard on the bed, then a shot of Meryl and her hand over her face and there are tears coming behind it. Then later on Vash goes to fight Knives.... and he takes Wolfwood's gun, he just carries it with him to that fight![/spoiler] I just couldn't stand it, it was so full of emotion! It made me cry as well. That one really got me going, I'll always remember that part... it's indented into my mind.

Well, those are the most emotional moments to me. :bawl: I will always love those parts![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Great thread!

Voices of a Distant Star: This OVA is packed with emotional moments, but the one which hit me the hardest was when[spoiler]Noboru finally receives Mikako's text message, after eight long years, and it reads, "Happy twenty-fourth birthday, from your fifteen-year old me."[/spoiler] That just made me break down in tears. The English dub was absolutely incredible, and the voice actress delivered that line so perfectly. It was the epitome of bittersweetness.

Read or Die: I first watched this show for its animation and endearing characters. The plot was quirky and cute--I just didn't expect the ending to be so heartrending. [spoiler]I seriously thought that Nancy was going to die once she let go of Yomiko's hand. Yomiko's grief really touched me, and the fact that Nancy actually lived--though without her old memories--made her sorrow no less compelling.[/spoiler]

Hmm... I'll post more, once I think of 'em.

~Dagger~

My fav emotional sence was

Naruto: [SPOILER]Was the last two eipsodes of the Mist saga, with Haku and Zabuza, the way Haku spilled his guts out to Naruto about how much he loved Zabuza, he rasied him since he was a kid, and his goal was to a strong tool for him, but he was then beaten by Naruto and ask him straight out for Naruto to kill him. Then as Kakashi was ready to bring the final blow and kill Zabuza, Haku then creates a ice miror and, apperes right infront of Kakashi, and takes the hit, and dies with the final words "Zabuza-sama",

Then Gatuo shows up with all his goons and starts to diss Zabuza and has the nerve to slam his foot on Haku's face, then Naruto talks some sence into Zabuza, who then ask Naruto for his kunai and goes and slashs threw all of Gato's body guards, then they had the beautiful end sence when Kakashi brings Zabuza over to Haku an its snows and then you have Zabuza final speach. Its one beautiful tie in[/SPOILER]

" Haku...Are you..Crying?"

Well the saddest scenes are:

SAINT SEIYA HADES:

[spoiler]In episode 11 when Athena kills herself and Saga cries for her death... Also in the same episode when the Bronze Saints trying to stop Athena Exclamation...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]In episode 12 when Shion tells the Bronze boys that they were not fighting for Hades but they were trying to hide their true indenity, it was very sad watching the Bronze's Saints crying to fight their brothers the Dark Gold Saints[/spoiler]

[spoiler]In episode 13 When Mu, Milo and Aioria dies... In the same episode when Saga, Camus and Shura dies... And the last scene the farwell of the best friends, Dokho & Shino... It was really very sad I was kinda in tears :D [/spoiler]

UFO ROBOT GRENDIZER:

[spoiler]When Zoril's son dies just to help his father[/spoiler]

ANGEL SANCTUARY:

[spoiler]When Kira was trying to help his father... It was kinda sad...[/spoiler]

ASHITA NO JOE:

[spoiler]JOE YABUKI'S DEATH[/spoiler]

Well that's for now...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B][size=1]
PS: Welcome to OB. ^_^ It's nice to see someone...[spoiler]who can type. You know. [/spoiler]*walks away before getting flamed*[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

Anyway.

My favorite 'emotional' moment will go to the scene [spoiler] in which Misato dies. Actually, I think all the deaths of the major characters in Evangelion is 'emotional' one way or the other. Kaji, Misato, Ritsuko, Rei, Kaworu... But out of them all, I think Misato's death was the *best* because she was not only dying, but even in her dying moments she had to push Shinji to pilot Eva 01 again. The desperation, and her last words were great. Second to that, I think Kaworu's was great, although I can't see why they had to keep us waiting, hanging in our seats for a full minute... that minute seemed like a freaking eternity the first time I watched it... [/spoiler]

Another great scene was [spoiler] Emilio's death from Trigun:Maximum (Emilio being Leonof the Puppetmaster). Great scene even though its in the manga. Leonof falling, falling, looking up at Vash... and finally, moments before his death, remembers his suppressed childhood, and remembers Vash saying, "If you like her, say it. The earlier the better Emilio."

Also, Hoppered's death was good as well. A man who struck into his road, going for his only goal, but in the end, saw the pointlessness and futility of his end. Final words: "Sorry, but I end here. Finally, I can be at peace. You live and suffer. I'm not going to kill you. Live in this crap world, and live on, retching blood as you go."

And finally, my favorite in the Trigun series is when Wolfwood refuses to retaliate against Double Fang because they were both orphans at the same orphanage. Wolfwood: "Not yet! Crybaby Livio...! I'll save you...! We're all... going to live through..! *gunshot* "Damn it...! What's wrong..." *multiple gunshots* "Please(God) ... I beg you... I really want to save him... God... Hey God... A murderer's a murderer...? Are you telling me not to talk clean and make you laugh?... Am I... Wrong?..." Vash: "You're not wrong, Wolfwood." [/spoiler]

Some of my favorite emotional moments are in the Rurouni Kenshin OVA's. [spoiler] In "Betrayal" I was shocked to see that Kenshin accidentally ended up killing the woman he loved.
The final scene where she lays there and slices the final mark into Kenshin's face, was really sad, but fitting.[/spoiler]

But the scenes in "Reflection", had me choked up the most. [spoiler] In both episodes, we see a sick Kenshin, dying right before our eyes. It was just sad to see what he became, after trying to help people for so many years.
Then in the end, he dies right by the river bank, with Kaoru. ....that really sucked, but I guess it too was a fitting end.[/spoiler]

Another great moment I have to mention is in Macross Plus. The scene at the end, [spoiler] where Guld is fighting with the Red Ghost, was just awsome. He see's that he can't defeat the thing, unless he goes all out and sacrifices himself.
What fallows is a painful scene, in which he see him push his Veritech to the limit, and have the G Forces crush him.
But in the end, he manages to destroy the damn thing.[/spoiler]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rttocs77
I think I'de have to say all of Grave of the Fireflies and in Sailormoon Stars when uhm, well I am not sure how to do that blacking out thing so I'm just going to say it:

It was soo sad when Sailoruranus and Sailorneptune were killed by Galactica and they died reaching for each other.

Also the last episode of Nurse Angel Ririka

[color=orange] The most emotional anime, well, sorta manga really, is Marmalade Boy. [spoiler] When Miki and Yuu brakes up and think they can never get together. And Miki's world seems like it's falling down around her. I cried and cried. [/spoiler] Another one is Trigun. [spoiler] I thought fo sure that Wolfwood and Milly would get together. When he died... OMG.. I cried and cried... I was depressed. And Vash was depressed and I was depressed, it was horrible. [/spoiler] I don't know why I bothered with spoilers since I'm sure everyone has already read about Trigun. Oh well... and Cowboy Bebop was sad but not heart rendering. I thought the ending was perfect! [/color]

Guest rttocs77
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vash's girl [/i]
[B][color=orange] The most emotional anime, well, sorta manga really, is Marmalade Boy. [spoiler] When Miki and Yuu brakes up and think they can never get together. And Miki's world seems like it's falling down around her. I cried and cried. [/spoiler] Another one is Trigun. [spoiler] I thought fo sure that Wolfwood and Milly would get together. When he died... OMG.. I cried and cried... I was depressed. And Vash was depressed and I was depressed, it was horrible. [/spoiler] I don't know why I bothered with spoilers since I'm sure everyone has already read about Trigun. Oh well... and Cowboy Bebop was sad but not heart rendering. I thought the ending was perfect! [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with the Marmalade Boy one... I'm going by the anime though... it did seem a little overdramatic though

[color=deeppink]
Good replies everyone!

BTW, this is how you do the spoiler tag (the blacked out stuff):

[ spoiler ] your text here [ spoiler ]

Except without the spaces.

Vash's Girl - As emotional as that part of the Marmalade Boy manga was, it's still a manga. Manga is a whole different ball game from anime. Sometimes the plot lines vary so differently it's scary....

Anyway, I can't comment on the anime Marmalade Boy, although I've seen some of the animation from it and was slightly disappointed. I guess I'll have to find a way to watch them to see if they do the manga any justice.

The most emotional moment EVAAAA!!!!!

mm... I agree with WW2 : [spoiler]in the end of samurai X reflection we see kenshin, deseased kenshi, walking down to the dojo to see Kaoru. The deseased Kaoru is coming out to see him. Kenji has a battle wit Yahiko and wins the sakabatou. Then Kenshin and Kaoru meet at the spot where he had said goodbye to her. Kenshin dies in her arms....long silence....credits....and then we see Kenji and his wife walk by the spot. The wife asks about weather he thinks theyll be happy together. He says yes...[/spoiler]

another is from Trigun. Wolfwood prepares to shoot out a bunc of people. Vash screams "WHAT HAPPENED TO THOUGH SHALL NOT KILL? WHAT THE HELL KINDA PREACHER ARE YOU?" I laughed, I cried, it was all good.

Ill be back with more.

There are a few that I can remember off the top of my head. Let's see....

The last few events of Trigun was very moving. [spoiler]I was very upset that Wolfwood died. It was honorable, yet very sad. I was very touched that Millie started balling on the bed. Wolfwood was one of my favorite characters. I thought that it was a nice touch for Wolfwood to help Vash stop Knives in the end.[/spoiler]

Cowboy Bebop was also moving. [spoiler] I was very shocked that Spike died. I was so not expecting that to happen. Since I last viewed this series a couple years ago, I am a bit fuzzy on the details, so I'll leave it at that. [/spoiler]

Another emotional moment was in the last couple episodes of the Cell saga in DragonBall Z. [spoiler]I was very very upset that Goku died and decided not to come back to the earth for awhile. I almost cried. I also felt like I had the same emotions as Gohan when used the khamaha wave to finally destroy Cell once and for all. It was hard to see Chichi's reaction to the news of Goku's death and not wanting to come back.[/spoiler]

The last emotional moment that I can think of right now are certain scenes from Samurai X: Betrayal and Reflection. [spoiler] I was suprised as well as sad when Kenshin accidently killed his wife, Tomoe, and when she gave him that other scar on his face to form an X. Also in Reflection, I was sad that it came to a sad end. Kenshin marrying Koaru, having a son, and in the end, Kenshin dying in her arms. [/spoiler]

Like I said, those are the only ones I can think of at the moment. I may have more. If I do, I will post at a later time.

I'm nearly always upset by anime deaths (Mourning imaginary people makes an excellent hobby), and am especially disturbed by the demises of characters I truly adore. For example (and yes, these _were_ the best spoiler tags that I could come up with.);

[U]Naruto:[/U] [spoiler]When told by his enemy, "If you want to go to the same place as your friend, ...then go," Zabuza responds, "Unfortunately... I don't plan on going to the same place as Haku," as though he is completely oblivious to the various weaponry protruding from his back. "Wha...What? You won't survive...!" "Heh. You and I together are going to Hell." (The fact that I find unsubtle death threats to be somehow sweet isn't abnormal in the least. Right?)[/spoiler]

For the sake of my aching fingers, suffice it to say that I find the deaths of the 'offbeat' characters in a series [spoiler](i.e. Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi, Haku and Zabuza from Naruto(above), Trowa Barton from Gundam Wing (who didn't _really_ die but drifted off into space begging that his supposed killer not be dealt with too harshly), Kaworu from Evangelion, ect.)[/spoiler] to be the most Kleenex-consuming episodes of my life. Or lack thereof.

Okay, you want emotional moments of anime? I'll give them to you.
[spoiler]The episode where Usagi/SailorMoon finds out that she's Princess Serenity and then Tuxedo mask is taken away by Kunzite[/spoiler] (I was 14 and emotional!)
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*
[spoiler]he episode in Fushigi Yugi when Nuriko died. It was so sad:bawl:[/spoiler]
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*
*spoiler!*

[spoiler]The final episodes of stars when the senshi were dying and then the final episode ever of Sailor Moon when EVERYONE came back[/spoiler]

[COLOR=purple]I know I'm not normal, if you want normal, get yourself a paper bag[/COLOR] :flaming:

[color=deeppink]
As I stated before, the spoiler 'tag' is quite simple:

[ spoiler ] put the spoiler here. [ /spoiler ]

simply type in that, without the spaces inside the bracket like so
--> [spoiler] and then type what you want to blacked out where I've written 'put the spoiler here', then do the spoiler tag again, with the / and no spaces. I don't know if this can be made any more simple. If you still don't understand, feel free to PM me or one of the moderators. We'll be happy to help. =)

Editing your post is also very simple. Just click the edit button, make any changes you wish, and save it. Not complicated. But, if you're still confused, once again PM me or the mods.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Alright people it's pretty easy and pretty simple.

When you use the spoiler tag, you put [spoiler ] and [/spoiler ], as was previously stated. To read it, you just HIGHLIGHT IT! Now, isn't that easy enough?

And lazycarter, please put more thoughts and efforts into your posts, and explain your reasoning behind what you put. Thank you.[/color][/size]

Guest rttocs77
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]Alright people it's pretty easy and pretty simple.

When you use the spoiler tag, you put [spoiler ] and [/spoiler ], as was previously stated. To read it, you just HIGHLIGHT IT! Now, isn't that easy enough?

And lazycarter, please put more thoughts and efforts into your posts, and explain your reasoning behind what you put. Thank you.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn't know how to do that... I looked on the FAQ page and it didn't say anything about it.

But now that I know how to do it I would like to say that a few other really emotional moments have been:

1) In Sailormoon [spoiler] in the last episode (200) when everyone comes back to life and Usagi and T. Kamen are standing and everything is destroyed, and she starts narrating from the beginning. [/spoiler] That was cool.

2) Also, pretty much all of Now and Then, Here and There.

3) And to be more specific the part in the last episode of Nurse Angel Ririka when [spoiler] Ririka is killed but then wakes up and her lasts words are "I'm Alive..." [/spoiler]

Like every Bebop fan out there, the last episode, especially in the last scene when [spoiler]Spike just ended his duel with Vicious and he's walking down the stairs at dawn, and his last words were...bang. Also when Julia dies and her last words were "Its all a dream..."[spoiler] Those two scenes really got to me, and, since I was alone, I cried for a few seconds. Another one from Bebop I think is one of the best is in Session 5 Balled of Fallen Angels when [spoiler]Spike duels Vicious and he ends up getting thrown out the window and he's having all these flashback moments with Vicious and Julia while green bird.[spoiler] Pure and simple, Shinijiro Watsanabe is a genius.