OtakuBoards

Full Metal Panic!

VP-Master

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a manga on the net, I am not sure if it was real though, it was done really slopily. That was pretty cool though.

• 8 months later...
Guest Anakin Solo
Has anyone seen this? I have seen the first episode, and I love it. :D I like it, and I just ordered the bundle set, and can't wait for it to come. Main reason why I went and saw the first episode, is because in my Newtype magazines, they have exerpts(sp) from the manga, and it is really funny. Can't wait for my DVD's to arrive *prances around like a little schoolgirl* So....has anyone else seen it?

Ah, I've seen the whole series. You're in for a treat. ^_~ Well, I think so. I really loved the whole thing. Awesome mech fights, and very cute. But it had some really cool fights with amazing graphics. And Sagara-kun is such a cutie. XD But I thought it was really interesting. It moves along faster than the manga... I found this is one of the only series I actually prefer the anime to the manga.

FMP is a great series based on what I've seen (just 13 eps). The story is definetely a lot lighter than some of the other stuff coming out from the mecha genre but that's a good thing. Awesome characters too. Sagara= someone I can really relate to. If you enjoyed ep1, you'll like the rest of the series.

• 7 months later...
I recently borrowed three dubbed DVDs of this series from a friend of mine. Four episodes to a disk, so that means that there were 12 episodes. I loved it so much I had to start a thread on it. ^-^

Full Metal Panic is the story of Souske Sagara, a teenage agent of ?Mithril?. Mithril is an anti-terrorist organization; they mainly deal with drug busts and kidnappings. In the first episode Souske and two colleagues of his ( Kurz and Mao ) are assigned to watch over a girl named Kaname Chidori. She is smart, vice president of the student council, class representative, and has incredible athletic ability. Souske, however, cannot get used to the regular high school life, and antics ensue.

This anime is one of the few that actually manages to balance action and comedy, but still carry out a decent story line. I can?t wait to see more of the series, but the fourth DVD has yet to be released, but my friend already has money to buy it. :p

I can?t wait, anyone else? ^__^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zaufier [/i]
[B]i like the character of sagara
i've watched the 1st five episodes

aaargh! i really hate chidori! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please put more thoughts and efforts into your posts and read the rules on post quality in the OB Information Center. Thank you.

*QA*[/color][/size]

Full Metal Panic! is one of the animes on my wish list. As soon as I get an extra $30 I'm gonna get the whole series. I have seen the first episode, and some reviews and it looks like a great anime. My friend has also looked it up and he thinks that it won't be the best thing to get, but he says that it still looks good enough to get.

[FONT=times new roman]I've seen the first episode of Full Metal Panic, and a few issues of the manga (NewType). I like them both, though I'm leaning towards the anime more because I tend to like anime more than manga. I want to see what happens in this show. I hope to get some DVDs of it when ever I get some money. :)[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zaufier [/i]
[B]i like the character of sagara
i've watched the 1st five episodes

aaargh! i really hate chidori! [/B][/QUOTE]

Why on earth do you hate Chidori? She's one of the best female characters out there--strong, beautiful, realistic, and unafraid of her emotions.

Anyway, I've seen the first 8 episodes of FMP, and I do like it very much. I wasn't as hugely impressed with it as I was with RahXephon, but it's still a gorgeously animated show, with decent characterization and some pretty hilarious moments.

So far, I prefer the sub to the dub. The dub actors and actresses are all very talented . . . yet it feels like something's missing.

I look forward to finishing this series, although I'm a little worried about the ending. It probably won't be very satisfying, as there's already a second season in the works. Oh well. I suppose I can wait.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime_guy [/i]
[B]Great post quality....next time, say more.... i dont mean to play mod, but, that was really just, bad.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, I've already reprimanded them, and now I'm reprimanding you. Please do not play mod.

Thank you. *deletes post*[/color][/size]

FMP is good, I'm waiting for FMP2 to be released, should be good, jolly good!

Chidori is a good character, her and Sagara are a good comedy combination.

The only thing that I am slightly disappointed with though is the action, it's simply too short (or maybe I was expecting Gundam style fight's :sweat: ).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]FMP is good, I'm waiting for FMP2 to be released, should be good, jolly good!

Chidori is a good character, her and Sagara are a good comedy combination.

The only thing that I am slightly disappointed with though is the action, it's simply too short (or maybe I was expecting Gundam style fight's :sweat: ). [/B][/QUOTE]

I actually liked the action. Sure, it's short, but the rest of the show isn't exactly boring. I'll take short, creative, well-animated fights over endlessly long, repetitive battles any day. Not to say that Gundam style fights aren't good--I like Gundam quite a bit. But I was very impressed with FMP's action sequences.... they're almost cinema quality.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by baby_xelloss [/i]
[B]one question. Does FMP show nudity or was i just seeing things when i went to the book store. 0_0 [/B][/QUOTE]

I wont't make a claim on the manga but the TV doesn't show complete nudity. However, in the opening, there is a scene with a, uh, complete view of Chidori's body for a few seconds but that's all the real nudity i can remember from the show. But no, it's not hentai.

FMP season 1 was great. Good action, good comedy, and a substandard plot. I was kinda sad when it ended but a few months later I found they were making season 2 which got me excited again. It's quite entertaining in its own right. It's FMP 1 minus the action and more comedy. And for those of you who've seen the show, Sousuke's military personality mixed with Chidori is hillarious. Seen the first few eps of this and it was great. I bet some who enjoyed the mecha action will be a touch dissapointed but the comedy will put a smile on everyone's faces. It's format is quite different too. Most of the eps contain 2 12-minute eps within it. It's kinda like American shows here like Hey Arnold! where you get 2 eps in 1. Really hope this will release to the US and other countries soon so I can add it to DVD collection. Great stuff.

Like VP-Master, I don't know about the manga. But the anime opening sequence does contain some stylized nudity. It's nothing I would consider offensive--just a little harmless (albeit random) fan-service.

I've been enjoying watching FMP 1. However, I have to say that despite its amazing animation and likeable characters, the lack of a coherent plot really brings it down. The comedy is alright, but far from dazzling. I actually enjoy the dramatic sequences more.... so I'm not too sure that I'd like FMP 2. Nevertheless, I'll definitely try to see it.

~Dagger~