OtakuBoards

Magic of the Heart

Rhys Mayiessen

"SHI-SU!! Wake up!!" Ayumi screamed.
[I]Crap, what do I do now?!?!?[/I]
Just then a tree limb came flying at her! She almost attacked it but Shi-su said not to...They DID know more about the forest than she did, so she leapt onto Shi-su to protect her, being whipped in the back hard.
Ayumi winced but didn't move.[I]Maybe If I can get to Shi-su's medicine bag, I can find something to help...I guess the blades had poison on them...[/I]
Just then she saw Kyu's hair get a streak of red....
"Wow, he must really be mad!"
The Trees stopped swinging, Ayumi noticed, when she was by Shi-su.
"Hmm? Maybe she has some kind of connection with the forest?" Ayumi pondered.
Then her energy drained and her sword stopped glowing.
[I]I...must...stay...awake....for Shi-su...[/I]
Then she leapt for Shi-su's medcine bag just in time before she got whipped again by the tree.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Ooohhhh.....what's Kyu done now?! The trees and stuff were only supposed to hit the enemy.....oh well, I'll play along.

IC:
[i]Holy shit!![/i] Kyu swore in his thoughts. He relayed a lot of other curse words, but to keep readers' eyes clean, these thoughts aren't to be shown. [i]Ayumi is getting hurt?! And Shi-su is dying from poison?!?! ..........[/i]
His thoughts went blank.
'Show me your thoughtsss, bird. Show me your fearsss and weaknessssessss.'
It was a voice. Unfamiliar, yet Kyu thought he'd heard it before.
'You've heard me before. And you know it too. But who? Who am I?' the voice taunted.
Kyu thought for a moment, his mind rebooting quickly.
'You.....you're a demon.....' he said aloud.
'Yesss.....right you are.....continue...'
'But you're no ordinary demon, are you? Something's different...right?'
'True.....you are a sssmart one, are you not??'
'Cut the crap Ayuta! Cut it out!!' Kyu spun around to see a female demon, floating in midair.
'Oh, sso you did remember my name.....? Well done.....clap...clap...clap.....'
'I said cut it out!!! Leave me alone you bitch!!!' he yelled at her, venting his anger.
'Sso you have managed to make a messs of thingss again, brother??' she retorted.
Kyu stopped and stared at the demon.
'What did you say?'
The Magic of the Heart weakened in him, and his hair went back to normal.
If you took the leathery wings off Ayuta's back and replaced them with feathery ones similar to Kyu's, you'd swear you had run into twins...

OOC: Oooohh.....what an interesting developement.....and Ayumi and Shi-su are still stuck fighting off their own troubles.....what'll happen next?

OOC: Wow you're such a smart ass at times!! Anyway.. Quite an interesting plot twist.

IC: Shi-su tried to focus her attention on keeping the plants from attacking Ayumi. Being a mixture of an elf and a sprite, she had a close connection with the forest and everything good in it. The forest would do as any good elf, sprite or fairy asked as long as no harm, or very little harm came to the forest life itself. The whipping of the tree branches and vines lessened in intensity, but Shi-su didn't have the strength to make it stop completely. Having her mind focused on one task helped her to stay awake, but the effort was great and it would eventually take it's toll. "Ayumi, I need you to get my medicine pouch..." Shi-su stopped to take a breath and fought to keep the forest from attacking the girl. "There's a small pouch in there, it's light green with four knots close to gether and three more a little farther down on the rope..."She paused for another breath. "Get it out and sprinkle the herb thats inside it in my wounds." Shi-su was now perspiring from the effort of talking and concentrating on the forest. She'd soon be unconcious and of no help to anyone.

OCC:I like the turn of events too! ^^

Ayumi dug inside the bag to find the herb.
[I]Where is it!?!?!?[/I] Ayumi thought in frustration.
"AHA! I found it!"
Then she sprinkled the herb on Shi-su's wounds and stood back mentally reminding herself to thank Shi-su later for everything...
It took a while before the herb worked but soon, Shi-su was a little bit better.
"Oh Thank the gods!" Ayumi cried, "How are you feeling?"
"Bad...How's Kyu?" Shi-su asked
"He's talking to what looks to be *gasp*his twin???" Ayumi said softly so she could hear what they were saying.
"Wow, they do look alike." Shi-su said
"Looks can be deceiving.."Ayumi replied.

Shi-su didn't want to tell Ayumi about the bad feeling she felt by just looking at the Kyu look-alike. The pain in her wounds hurt worse than ever, but the herb would help stop the poison from spreading. Shi-su took a deep breath and raised her voice a bit. "Kyu, will ya hurry up?! We kind of need to hurry up and get to the Elves!" She paused for a breath and leaned her head back. It was getting harder for her to stay awake or do anything. She sighed and closed her eyes. Soon she was falling into a black dreamless sleep. She'd need to see the Elves soon, or she wouldn't be around much longer.

Kyu stood and stared at his twin sister. His cold stare could make anyone turn away.
She held it.
Kyu turned away.
'You never could hold a sstare...could you brother?' she teased.
'What are you doing here, Ayuta?' he ignored her taunt.
'Oh, that old thing....I'm here for the thief,' she turned and pointed at Ayumi, 'We need her. Although, if it were up to me, I'd kill her here and now.'
Ayumi spun about and shot a furious look at Ayuta. 'What did you call me?!'
'A thief. You heard me, girl.'
'You....you're a thief?' Kyu stared at her in disgust. 'Why didn't you tell us?'
'I...I thought it'd be better if you didn't know...I....'
'Don't start Ayumi...I thought I could trust you...' Kyu's stare hardened.
Ayumi began to weep quietly.
'Shi-su...' she sobbed and turned around, 'You have to bel--'
But Shi-su couldn't hear her. The exhaustion had caused her to lose consciousness.
'Sso? Are you coming with me?' Ayuta asked Ayumi holding out a hand, amused with the way things were turning out. Once the sprite/elf girl woke up, she and Kyu would no doubt come after Ayumi. Straight into the clutches of the old magic.
Ayumi turned to face Kyu, then walked slowly over to Ayuta.
'That'sss the way, good girl. You'll ssoon ssee what it'sss like to have ssomething sstolen from you....your life!' Ayuta snatched a dagger from Ayumi and held it to the girl's neck.
'You know how this goes, Kyu. Just play along, like we did with your beloved, a long time ago...' Ayuta left these words to echo around the glade. She had vanished, Ayumi with her.

(OCC: I like these turn of events!!!)

They arrived in a dungeon like room...Ayumi assumed she was in some kind of a castle...It was damp and dark, except for a few torches scattered about the walls...

Ayumi was shocked that this b***h knew her!
[I]O crap, what am I going to do now??? I'm still weak from the last battle and my arm isn't fully healed!...Even if I could go back, they'd never trust me again...[/i]
"Ssso? What'sss the matter? Do you misss your friendsss?" Ayuta taunted.
"What's it to you??" Ayumi spat at her.
"Fiesssty now are we? I wouldn't do that...You KNOW what happened to your mother when ssshe wasss Fiesssty.."
"What??"
Ayumi was atonished! Her mother had been brutally murdered when she was 11.
"How did you know about that??" Ayumi screamed.
"Becausssse I wasss the one that killed her." Ayuta taunted.
"You sceaming little whench! I'll kill you!!!" Ayumi lunged, but was stopped short by a strong kick to the stomach, initiated by Ayuta.
"If you liked that...Jussst wait what and sssee what I can do with a knife."

Ayumi had to give in...At least until her strength returned.

Shi-su passed out before she'd heard about Ayumi's little secret. She had no clue what was going on, she was deep in a black sea of sleep and was coming close to losing her battle to stay afloat. The weight change on the branch, when Ayumi disappeared with Kyu's twin made the unconcious Shi-su lose her balance and fall to the ground, 15 feet below. Her fall was softened by a dead demon. Kyu was having a difficult time dealing with the arrival of his sister, the news about Ayumi and horrible memories of his past beloved to notice right away, but when there was a loud snapping sound when Shi-su landed on the demon and broke a few of his ribs, Kyu flew down to check on her. She was still out, but breathing. Kyu picked Shi-su up and flew her to thw Elves, there the Elves took her to a room near a large white tree with silver and gold leaves. Kyu walked in the gardens with a few of his kin, discussing the new developements with his sister. In his mind, however, a single song kept playing over and over. 'Yesterday,' by a band from before the end of the old days with the old magic. Try as he might, Kyu couldn't get the song or the memories out of his mind.

(OOC: I'm sorry if I kinda hijacked your char and all... I think it worked ok... If not then just ignore most of my post and go on... The whole 'Yesterday' thing just kinda happened... I'm listening to the Beatles right now and the song seemed to fit...Anyway... Just yell at me if you have a problem with my post and I'll try not to do it again.)

OOC: Lol...nah, it's fine. Hey, at least we're finally with the elves.

IC:
Kyu couldn't wipe the song out of his mind. Nor the way his lover, Stargazer, was brutally murdered.
'That bitch has yet to find a way to do anything [i]but[/i] cause trouble...' he murmured.
'Pardon?' one of the elf healers turned around. She was extremely offended as she thought Kyu spoke about her.
'Hmm? Oh, nothing. I wasn't talking about you...something just happened outside...back in the forest....before we got here. How's Shi-su, by the way?'
'She's fine.' the healer said shortly, still offended that Kyu would say "bitch" before the sacred healing tree. It was said that if anyone cursed before it that it's leaves would turn black and it would die of all magic.
That didn't happen. It was just an urban myth anyway.
Kyu walked over to Shi-su's bed and sat in the chair next to it.
'Shi-su? Are you awake?' there was no response, 'No? Then you won't have a heart attack when I say this, but Ayumi was...is a thief...'
Shi-su moaned in her sleep and rolled over.
'Shi-su? Are you ok?'
She sat up and moaned again. Then she looked at Kyu.
'What were you saying?'
Kyu sat and explained what had happened outside, how Ayuta had taken Ayumi after revealing Ayumi's secret.
'We [b]have[/b] to go and get her!' Shi-su said hoarsly as she leapt out of bed.
'You aren't well enough to...'
That was all Kyu managed to get out before Shi-su hit him square in the face.
'That's for not going after this "Ayuta" woman as soon as I was here, you feathered freak!'
The healers in the room (all female) couldn't help surpress their smirks as Kyu ran out after Shi-su, rubbing his nose in pain.

OOC: LMAO!! ^_^...I love the 'Feathered Freak' thing... I swear you have some great lines sometimes...:D

IC: Shi-su hurried to grab her weapons and a few provisions, with Kyu behind her all the way trying to stop her from being too rash. Shi-su wheeled around on him, "Kyu, do you really think I'm going to let my friend go through gods know what and sit here in comfort and pleasurable company while I 'heal'!? I'm healthy enough to run around here, thus I am healthy enough to run around out there. And don't you try to stop me, I'll make sure that you'll be the one needing to be under that tree!" Shi-su pointed for emphasis as she sighed heavily and turned to the healers and spoke with fondness and warmth in her voice as she thanked Ka'lir Linfsao, her mentor and lead healer. Using her impeccable Elvish, Shi-su conveyed more than simple thanks in relatively few words. She embraced Ka'lir warmly and bid him farewell and turned to Kyu. "Grab your things, we need to go...Or do you want to wait here for some form of blessings?" Shi-su sneered, obviously still angry with him for thinking she'd just sit around while her friend was in danger. 'I knew Ayumi was hiding something...I also know that it was for a good reason...Whatever Ayumi might have done, I know that she's different now... I can and will forgive her for her mistakes and pray that she will resist any temptation that might lead her back to her life of theivery.' Shi-su thought as she stood at the gates, waiting for Kyu to finish gathering whatever he needed.

Ayumi found herself in a jail cell type thing, sore in her stomach from the blow, when she heard Ayuta's voice.
"I'm glad you woke up, Ayumi." Ayuta taunted.
"Shut up." Ayumi replied.
"We jusssst need your help, little one. We know that you know how to harness the 'power'...'The Magic of the Heart'...Tell usss how."
"I would never tell you, bitch."
Then Ayumi got punched, giving her a shiner.
"Do you want to have the sssame fate asss your mother??"
Ayumi was speechless...There were so many things going on in her head, and then Ayuta brings THAT up...
"Good." Ayuta said, smugly. "If you help usss...We will clear your name and you can return to your friendsss...BUT only if you give usss tell usss how you harnessss the 'Magic of the Heart', ssssound alright to you, dear?"
Ayumi just started at her.
"I'll give you ssssome time to think." And She was gone.

[I]What should I do?? I can't go back to my friends...they probably hate me. I COULD have my name cleared...I'm sick of theiving anyways. O gods, what should I do??? [/i]