OtakuBoards

Does anyone wish .hack//SIGN had more action?

zdude255

Does anyone think .hack//SIGN should have more action?

I mean we have a virtual world that can be filled with any types of magic and monsters and most of the time its the same characters talking to eachother. Would it hurt for them to do a dungeon once in a while?

Now I do appreciate the value of the story and philosophy of .hack//SIGN but look at other anime. Evangelion and Big O both have great plot and insight, but we still get our giant robot battles.

Any thoughts?

Umm.....no, not really. I prefer the anime to actually have a plot. Pounding someone's head in with a stick is fine for DBZ, but .Hack//SIGN is good because of the fact that it actually makes you think. It is the same as Boogiepop Phantom.

Besides, things pick up in the later episodes.

efreet is right: more action wouldn't hurt as long as it could still have the same amount of substance. However, the style and setup of .hack//SIGN doesn't really leave much room for action.

I understand both sides of the argument, but I'm betting that the creators chose story over action. If you watch .hack//SIGN closely, details and certain elements strike you, and that's your "action factor," where you are like, "whoa," or "waaaaiiit a minute..." It's more of a "mental" action thing than anything else. In fact, just by watching the first episode you can see that fights are not "the way of the SIGN," where all the action has already happened, and you join Tsukasa in piecing everything together.

I think it would be grand, though, if they had an action off-shoot of .hack after all mysteries and such have been revealed in their entirety, where you get to see all the missed action.

If you compare .hack//SIGN and Evangelion, Evangelion is much more diluted in terms of story. Having action scenes will do that, and I applaud the creators of .hack//SIGN being able to put meaning into all of the few action sequences. Evangelion, on the other hand, cannot boast the same. Of course there is action and story, but not all action sequences contain story, do they? ;)

If you want action with a .hack//SIGN-esque flair, watch Noir. Haha, I think they drained all their action plans in that series, so SIGN was left out.

Nope, I think it's stunning just the way it is. ^^ I personally think it'd be ruined with more "action." Usually people say it's boring, because they're more confused then board.

My Reason: Most of the time you must think. Which many more action filled animes cause you to do less of. Which are probably more for the adrenaline. Considering this, you have to pay close attention. Listen to what the characters say, rather then watch them fight. In .hack I think the creators kind of wanted the watchers to fallow the details. Rather then the adrenaline and the "woah" stuff you get from watching animes with many fighting scenes, and the sort. I think they wanted it to stimulate the mind, more then usually is done. Probably because they we're thinking of the other very popular animes, of which characters are bashing each other most of the time with little plot, and break away to something new. Aka .hack//sign to make you think. That and .hack//sign seems to have a deeper plot then most series you see.

I agree for the most part of what AzureWolf...But, AzureWolf, that NGE comment. :p I've noticed that it's true, although I will forever love NGE. Even if some of the battles don't help the plot.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]I think it would be grand, though, if they had an action off-shoot of .hack after all mysteries and such have been revealed in their entirety, where you get to see all the missed action.[/B][/QUOTE]

That is what the games are for. I know that the TV series, the games, and the manga were all planned out at about the same time, and named "Project .Hack". I am guessing that the creators wanted three seperate genres for each, those being:

Mystery--.Hack//SIGN
Action--.Hack Games
Comedy--.Hack//Legend of The Twilight

As it stands I cannot confirm the last part, but I know from the back of the .Hack//LOTT manga that the three were planned out as one.

I too, think that .hack//Sign is good the way it is. I prefer series that are more plot driven than action. I love when you have a plot twist were you go "no way" or 'but how on earth..." To me is just more entertaining thinking about what it is, could be or could've been on a series. Action is good, but for some time, it tends to get repetitive and lees entertaining.

But that's just me!

Guest Stealth Knight
Just like most people, I think that .hack//Sign is fine the way that it is. Well maybe it should have a little more action, but that is the way that I like anime, both action and plot. This is one of the few anime's that I like with more plot than action so I wouldn't change it.

• 4 weeks later...
Well i kinda agree with alot of you.....i mean Black_Phoenix is right its fine the way it is....And Kyo no Ryu please speak english next time you say something, i didnt understand anything you said.....just saying. And some of you said it needed a little bit more action, and its was getting boring, well, to me thats what it look like what you meant. And EvilLilMonk is right it is a really good anime show but hes right it does need a little bit more action.....but thats if you want my say-in ....but you probably dont, dont mind me I'll be leaving now....... -walks away waving good-bye, making a tear come down her face, i walk into the sunset-

I think more action would cheapen it a bit, like a show that contradicts itself. .hack//SIGN relys on a very fragile plot, that can be made odd or sickening at one wrong sentence, so fighting would take time that you may otherwise find valuable information.

Otherwise, going in the duengeon alone would look kinda weird and outta place.

Guest tachikawa03
i like that .hack//sign actually has a good plot that really makes the veiwer think and still entertains at the same time...
yes it lack the action most animes have but its story line more than makes up for it in mai opinion and to add dungen scenes would take away from the story and artistic aspects

[size=1] The lack of action in .hack//SIGN is one thing that makes many audience memebers stray away from the show, and Lord knows how SLOWLY the plot moves along, but I believe that show is fine with what it has got already.

Although, more action would not hurt at all. Tons of anime shows sport both action and a good plot, such as Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop [hey, the filler episodes do rock...], Hellsing, Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin, etc. The creators of the show were probably leaning more to a side of more meaning and depth rather than pointless action, because there are also many animes that completely abandon plot and decide to please violent little kids with lots of blood and fighting. But yeah, even though .hack//SIGN is fine where it is, more action would do it some good.[/size]

:o [COLOR=silver]I think .hack//sign is great the way it is. It has plot unlike some anime which all you see is like 'whoa. Are those his brains flying everywherre or his intestines' I really like the ever moving plot and how fragile it is So for today I give It a SCORE!!!! Umm...yeah then. I'll just be going now....[/COLOR]
Ja ne!

I am agreeing with Black_Phoenix on this. .hack//sign is really fine the way it is, and it makes people wonder and keep on watching. Me myself is a bit confused about .hack//sign, but it is really good.
I have to watch more to learn more, plus it is getting more interesting as I am watching. Progressing more and more, I would say.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest OutlawKFK
Hack should definitely have more action it has no action exept for the crappy fight sequences.

The show is more around tsukaza and his talking than the aspects of the game.

It should have more battles plain and simple.

• 3 weeks later...
.hack is just fine the way it is, you see without action there is more time to focus on understanding the story, and with the little action it leaves you wanting more, so you watch it more. it's basically perfect............or that's my opinion