OtakuBoards

x

Guest angelfire

Guest angelfire
X is probobly the coolest anime movie i have. it has action, love, hate, suspense, and it takes a while to figure out. X has been mistasken for a sexual movie but it's not. This is all about lofe and decisions. The movie is great and inspired me to become a fan of anime and manga stuff. X is totally a good movie.:wigout: :wow:[IMG]http://C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\x.jpg[/IMG]

I beg to differ.

X: The Movie is an incredible piece of animation, with stunning artwork and interesting battles (well, for the most part).

However, it has zero character development, and makes no sense whatsoever. And this is coming from a person who understood both Boogiepop Phantom and FLCL. The ending sequence was so poorly done that it actually made me burst out laughing.

I haven't seen the anime series yet, but I've heard that it's far superior to the movie. I [i]have[/i] read some of the manga, and like nearly all of CLAMP's work, it's captivating and wonderfully drawn.

~Dagger~

I, too, think X the movie is bad. I am thinking about watching it on Holloween because it is horrible... horribly made...

I am a big fan of the manga and I am very disappointed by the movie since it only focus on action. The audiences could not feel sad about any of the deaths if they don't already know the manga. The movie takes a very small part of the story and makes it with a lot of action and blood. The most unforgiveable change they made on the movie is to kill my favorite characters in the first 3 minutes of the movie.

Considoring that the X manga is over 20 volumes long, there was a LOT of information to compact into one 2 hour long feature film. The movie was, infact, snippits of scenes from the OAV, which is really good. The ONLY thing that the movie had over the OAV was the fact that it used more hand drawn cells so the art was sooooooo beautiful...but it had no story....the end!

[color=hotpink][size=1]X the Movie is only one hour long. And the manga series is 20+. See how that doesn't work? I liked X the movie because, like everyone has said, the animation is absolutely stunning. Anything done by CLAMP is amazing. But my favorite characters weren't developed at all and you couldn't learn a thing about them. It was sad. :( But yes, read the manga![/color][/size]

[color=red][size=1][font=arial]Ack, the movie started just as it ended. Everyone who fought wound up dieing very quickly, and since I didn't know most of them I felt nothing about their deaths.

Great for a quick summary, but I think I'll go try and find the series on DVD.

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]

The movie is good, but the series is better. They tried to fit the entire manga into an hours worth of animation, thats why every one dies so quick and there's no character developement. The animation is excellent . Almost everything by Clamp is excellent. It was nice and dark wich fit the tone of the movie ( and series) perfectly. The music is also very good, especially the ending song "Forever Love". It fits the depressing and somber mood at the end just right.

If you liked or didn't like the movie, definatley try to see the series. It's 100 times better.

I'll keep that in mind, shadowfire. The series sounds [i]really[/i] interesting, and if it's anything like what I've read of the manga, it must be very good indeed.

It's just a shame that the movie was a disappointment to so many fans.

I believe that the manga's still running in Japan. For those of you who've been following it closely, do you think it's going to end anytime soon?

~Dagger~

Guest angelfire
x the series is a lot better than the hour movie. clamp really are good publishers. the comics are beautiful. oh well you all think differently.

[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]angelfire, as you can see, you'll get two schools of thought when referring to the X movie. The first one accepts the movie as an entertaining ride that was aimed at pleasing the audience with its visuals and fantasy-oriented action; the second school will tell you it's a disappointment, because they know the series well from reading the manga beforehand.

I watched X a year ago or so. I found it to be very interesting, but was displeased with the lack of character development and unattractive music. The final fight was a total disappointment, and at the time I had watched the film I knew nothing of CLAMP's famous franchise.

I did want to care for the characters though, and after reading in Animerica that Pioneer (Now Geneon) Entertainment would be releasing a TV series based on the manga to America, I was excited. Right now I own the seven volumes, and I can't help but be in love with the show.

X/1999 is the prime example of every aspect of an animated production done right. You can tell just from Episode 0 that this series takes itself seriously, and does its best to share this feeling with the viewers. The music is apocalyptic, dramatic, and catchy. Its tracks, while sometimes repetitive, never get old, and are so deep and broad that fit every situation they're played in. I won't give any example because I don't want to spoil anything, but there's more than one time when you'll be grabbing your chest and holding tears back from what's going on. The action is so graceful, stylized, yet crude and aggressive, like only CLAMP can deliver.

I do have a few complaints about the show. From what I've read, the next DVD will have the final [u]three[/u] episodes of the series. Three? [spoiler]At the end of X [SEVEN] the beginning of the end was just starting.[/spoiler] I cannot help but feel the series will have an abrupt ending, which would be a complete disappointment after such a well-crafted work. Also, I cannot help but laugh at all the strange scenes [spoiler]where Fuma licks blood off of Kamui's neck and then puts his lips just centimeters away from Kamui's.[/spoiler] You can easily tell this show was made by women.

As for the manga, I read the first volume after watching 21 episodes of the show. I wasn't impressed with it, at all. In fact, there were some humorous situations that felt out of place. It's strange, as I usually prefer the manga content over the anime counterpart, but so far it's been the opposite with X/1999 for me.[/color][/font]

I thought that the the movie was pretty cool. I liked the battles scences, the gore (some of it anyways), and the animation. The character development, like others said, was poorly done. I unstand the movie, but that's from watching it more than once.

I didn't get the chance to read the manga, or see the series yet. Though I would like to. I also agree that many things from CLAMP are very good. X The Movie was cool looking, but the development of the characters, a bad job.

Guest angelfire
i agree that the characters were poorly developedd but i still think that the books were great. i don't really listen to the music in the movie that much so ill take that into consideration

Perhaps X the Movie was made for the sole purpose of attracting males to the series, and thus the basis on action? Having ached to see anything more than the first episode of the television series, I can only offer the aforementioned theory (and a large puddle of drool, the result of anyone discussing X within my hearing/sight range).