OtakuBoards

which cartoon do you prefer out of..

Anime`babe

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Verykawaiineko [/i]
[B]ive never seen YYH but people keep on telling me how good it is..then again they also say taht DBZ had a plot..so >.> [/B][/QUOTE]

Yu Yu Hakusho may belong to the same genre as DBZ, but it's completely different. I'll be honest: YYH's animation isn't fantastic, and the series is a bit too long for my tastes. But if you're looking for a good combination of tournament-style fighting, irreverent humor, memorable characters, and a hint or two of romance, I promise that you won't find anything better.

For me, the characters and drama are what make Yu Yu Hakusho so enjoyable to watch. And if nothing else, I can guarantee that you'll love Kurama. ^_~

~Dagger~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by yotska [/i]
[B]I've never seen Noir, what is that anyway? [/B][/QUOTE]

I might as well give a quick overview. Noir is pretty much an action/drama about a pair of assassions known as Noir. The two, Mireille Bouquet and Kirika Yuumura, meet up after a strange E-mail is sent to Mireille asking for her to meet up with Kirika. Mireille is reluctant to do so until a song starts playing, a song which holds a great deal of significance for her. Noir tells their story as the two serch to find meaning to their collective pasts. It is much better then I described it.

The show has some excelent chacters and great fight sceans. Though it does have some pacing problems in the first few episodes. If you don't like serious shows with very little to no humor the you wont like Noir as it is in no way a comady.

Guest rttocs77
Slayers was one of the first animes I saw where I was aware that it came from Japan.

It holds a special place in my heart.

• 1 month later...
[size=1][color=chocolate][b]InuYasha[/b] would be my choice out of the ones you have listed. (I have never seen Noir or Slayers, and Gundam bores me like crazy.)
It's got a touch of romance, (Kikyo, Kagome, InuYasha, Miroku/Sango, etc.) comedy, action, and is like an adventure based story looking for a jewel. Though sometimes there are some not needed episodes in the series either, it's my favorite out of them all.

Number 2 would be [b]Rurouni Kenshin[/b] and after [b]Yu-Yu-Hakusho[/b] since they are the only ones I know left.[/size][/color]

[size=1]I have the same preferences as Wasabi. Inuyasha is my favorite anime, not only of those you have listed, but of all that I've seen. It has it all; romance, action, adventure, and a storyline to boot, although it isn't very complicated.

My second favorite is Rurouni Kenshin. It's one of those fun animes where you can really get into the story. I absolutely loved the [spoiler]battle between Shishio and Kenshin.[/spoiler]

Third is Yu-Yu hakusho. The story isn't incredibly good, but it isn't incredibly bad either.

Gundam is boring. Really boring. I just can't seem to get into it.

I haven't seen any of the others, so I don't know about them.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arch [/i]
[B][size=1]I have the same preferences as Wasabi. Inuyasha is my favorite anime, not only of those you have listed, but of all that I've seen. It has it all; romance, action, adventure, and a storyline to boot, although it isn't very complicated.

Third is Yu-Yu hakusho. The story isn't incredibly good, but it isn't incredibly bad either.[/size][/B][/QUOTE]

Now, this is entirely my opinion, but I don't see very many differences between Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho. Though it was made more recently, Inuyasha's animation isn't particularly outstanding, and both shows consist mainly of a four-person party running around and beating up on evil demons (for the sake of argument, let's just pretend that Shippo doesn't exist, okay? ^_-).

Between the two, I like Yu Yu Hakusho much better. This may be partially because I've learned that it ends after 112 episodes, while Inuyasha--for all I know--could easily hit 200. But I also feel that Yu Yu Hakusho actually goes somewhere, plot-wise. Though Inuyasha [i]can[/i] be divided into different arcs, its characters are constantly grappling with the same problems: they acquire new jewel shards, Naraku devises some devious way to steal those shards, Naraku gets stronger, Inuyasha waffles between Kikyo and Kagome, Sango pretends she doesn't have feelings for Miroku, and so on and so forth. After 150+ episodes, this might start to get a little old.

A really charismatic, interesting villain can sustain the audience's interest for a very long time. And Inuyasha has numerous fans, to be sure. All the same, I don't see what's so captivating about Naraku--he does perform a couple truly atrocious deeds, but his personality is pretty run-of-the-mill. I like the fact that Yu Yu Hakusho doesn't let its bad guys overstay their welcome.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arch [/i]
[B][size=1]I have the same preferences as Wasabi. Inuyasha is my favorite anime, not only of those you have listed, but of all that I've seen. It has it all; romance, action, adventure, and a storyline to boot, although it isn't very complicated.

My second favorite is Rurouni Kenshin. It's one of those fun animes where you can really get into the story. I absolutely loved the [spoiler]battle between Shishio and Kenshin.[/spoiler]

Third is Yu-Yu hakusho. The story isn't incredibly good, but it isn't incredibly bad either.

Gundam is boring. Really boring. I just can't seem to get into it.

I haven't seen any of the others, so I don't know about them.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
Kenshin's my favorite of these...that it is. Kenshin's storyline is great, and I also really enjoyed the [spoiler]battle between Shishio and Kenshin.[/spoiler] as well. I love the end theme as well. I'd much like to see more of Kenshin...
I like Inuyasha and Yuyu Hakusho the same.

I adore Kenshin but placing Inuyasha right beside of it was kinda of hard.

One of my all time fave though is the Real Bout Highschool dvd collection (which I own:D )
Inuyasha I love due to the fighting and my favorite charater Koga.
Kenshin would have to be the oav's mainly because the art is done beautifully and so is the story.

Aren't there polls for this kind of thing?

...Anyways, I'd probably have to say I like Inuyasha best, but only for one reason: "Sit boy!"
Of course, this is probably ancient history in the series by now, but I haven't caught the show for a while...

Konbanwa!! I'd have to saw that I absolutely LOVE Rurouni Kenshin!! It's my fave anime. Kenshin is such a sweet heart and Sano is kawaii too. Not to mention Hiko and Aoshi. Characters are awesome....great complexity/plot/romance. I'm known for being a Kenshin fanatic at school and I'm proud!

I also do like InuYasha and Yuu Yuu Hakusho!! Actually, I love both shows, but Kenshin is still my first love. I like them all for their own reasons, like many other people have said. They all have great character development and bishies!!....InuYasha, Sesshie, Miroku, Kurama....Bishies!! I haven't seen Noir tho. Gundam is great and Slayers is funny! I agree with you're choices Anime babe. Check out Fushigi Yuugi also. It's my second fave after Kenshin. If you like shojo, bishies, drama, love triangles, angst, fantasy....FY is freakin awesome too! Ja Ne!

SuzakuGur, i would ahve to agree with you. Rurouni Kenshin is one of my top favorites. But i do like others such as, Inuyasha and YuYu Halusho. I can tell that you are a real anime fanatic. I am to. One of the main reasons i set up this thread is to see how many people are huge fanatics.

Inuyasha is number one for me. Kenshin and Gundam run close behind though. I'd like to see some of the Inuyasha movies but I can't find any. I've seen and liked all of them and want to see Gundam Wing again. There are supposed to be 52 new Inuyasha episodes this spring on Adult Swim. I'm very impatient as I have seen all the ones they have on now.

I like Inuyasha a lot, just because of the characters, but Rumiko Takahashi does tend to have never-ending stories. Example: Ranma 1/2. I love both of these, but there are millions of episodes and it can get repetitive. I like Yu Yu Hakusho also because of the characters, but there is more diversity within them than in Inuyasha. Hiei and Kurama especially are who draw me to the show. I like the way Kenshin is animated in places, but otherwise, it just doesn't hold my interest.
I also like Gravitation--because I like shonen ai! However, the Gravitation anime (I've only seen the fan subs) does not focus entirely on a physical relationship but rather on the emotional one, like it really should. Trigun is good too, because I have an unhealthy fixation on Vash (a.k.a. Smudjins to me). He looks like my fictional son. I have to watch every episode and make sure my baby is safe! Mwahahaha!!
(don't tell me what to do)
oshi