OtakuBoards

which cartoon do you prefer out of..

Anime`babe

What is your favorite cartoon out of Rurouni Kenshin, InuYasha, YuYu Hakusho, Slayers, Noir, and Gundam. (any version) I personally love InuYasha, Rurouni Kenshin, YuYu Hakusho and Slayers, Each for thier own reasons of course. InuYasha for the demons, it's danger, romance, plot. Not to mention the complex characters. Rurouni Kenshin for it's pure skills, the trouble that seems to follow Kenshin everywhere, fighting, romance, charater complexity, and the over all suspense. YuYu Hakusho for the demons, fighting,and the over all plot. And Finally, Slayers,for thier use of magic, Lina's over all attidude for life and her partner(Nauga), and the danger that she seems to get herselve into. Ofcourse there are many more cartoons that i would probably really like. So feel free to tell me about them and anything else that you find interesting, that i havn't mentioned above.

Well, I've been an Inuyasha fan for a long while now, but I also like Kenshin, now that CN is rerunning it from its start. Another big favorits of mine is Big O. And I like .hack/sign. Over on Tech TV, some good anime they've run includes Dual and Silent Mobius. They've also run Crest of the Stars and now are starting its sequel, Banner of the Stars, on their Anime Unleashed block. (^_*)

Of the ones mentioned, I like Slayers and Noir. I like the depth and mistery of Noir, the music andcharacter designs too. It's a very good anime. I like Slayers for how funny it is. I've only seen Slayers Try, wiich I found funny. I still have to see the other series.

I like Please Teacher. It's very funny and romantic and i like romantic comedies a lot (Oh my Goddess). I'm also a huge fan of .Hack//Sign, Robotech, Witch Hunter Robin (it's very very good), Najica (too many panty shots though), Macross Plus, well, many others. Too much to tell.

Well Anime babe,
I personally like all the animes you listed above with the exception of slayers because I have yet to see it!

But really I cant truly compare the animes to one another, well with the exception of InuYasha and Yu Yu Hakusho. They are kinda alike but they own have their own reason for me liking them. It's the action/romance/mystery that gets me on both of them. Noir...well how can I say this cute/assassin-killer type women(reminds me of myself...LOL) and lastly Rurouni Kenshin...ahhh the lonely yet cute samuria!!! Dont you just love how handsome he is!!!

But back to the real dilemma I face. I cant possibly choose a favorite anime when there are just so many types and genres of animes out there to choose! The number is just to abundant to break down and you know what I love it...

But believe you me there are anime out there that suck and I will name them at a later date in time if I can find them!!!!

I can definately agree with you on your post. There are just so many different kinds and styles af anime cartoons out there that its really not fair just to pick one or two. I also share your opinion of Kenshin Himura. I think he is one of more hansome characters out there. You always find the most interesting things if not cute things in anime with an unsuspecting title.

Inuyasha all the way! Really they develop the characters well, and the slower parts inbetween the fights are great. Some anime like DBZ make me want to fast forward through the slow parts since they do such a bad job of them. (It might be just the dub)

Kenshin is that way for me, I just don't care about the characters much to listen to them babble on. The way kenshin says "that I do" all the time in the dub drives me nuts.

I admit that I have a minimal about of knowledge of several of those choices(i.e. Slayers and Kenshen) but I'd say Noir.

Overall I say its one of the best series I have seen, I love all the chacters(espically the three main ones Merrieille, Kirika, and Chloe), some great fight scenes and a compelling storyline.

• 2 weeks later...
Rurouni Kenshin gets my vote, hands down! There really hasn't been another anime (well...Naruto is an exception ^_^) out there that has touched me on so many different emotional levels! The storyline is wonderful, and I love every single one of the characters. Kenshin is such an endearing fellow, and I'll never ever get sick of his "Oro?!" ^_^

I know how you feel. Rurouni Kenshin has touched my emotions on so many levels. I love the characters and the plot. Might i suggest you try to rent or buy Samuri X. This is the original cartoon that starts from the beginning of Kenshin's past. This series is all about his training to become a samuri and what challenges he must face on this tough road. This is also where Tomeo comes into the picture.

If anyone wants to become my buddy feel free to PM me.

Hum....that's a really tough choice....but since you didn't list my favorite (Gundam Wing!) I'll have to go with Kenshin. It's such a great anime! I love the whole, guy is wanted by other guys but can kick the crap out of them, thing. It reminds me of Trigun, which is other one i love! I also liked InuYasha, just for the whole romance thing, and ok, some of the characters were cute. Yu Yu was a good one too, but not as good as the rest. As for Noir, i'm afraid i have to say i've never seen it before. I really wish i could get the anime network, don't they have it on there? It sounds like a good show to watch!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anime`babe [/i]
[B]What is your favorite cartoon out of Rurouni Kenshin, InuYasha, YuYu Hakusho, Slayers, Noir, and Gundam. (any version) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]I would have to go with [b]Inuyasha[/b] :love: first. It has always appealed to me and I have tried to learn everything I can about it. I true epic love story and comedy. Then I have to go with [b]YuYu Hakusho[/b], :love: I really kind of find Yuske cute:p and I really love the way his personality is.
THE FIZZ[/color]:wigout:

[color=#006699]Out of those listed I'd have to say that [b]Rorouni Kenshin[/b] stands out the most.

I've been following Kenshin for a few years now, so basically quite a while before it was aired on Toonami/SVES. Though I am not one of those people who despises dubbing or CN/Toonami for whatever reason. I still watch Kenshin on SVES every chance I get, for I've not seen all of the series. I plan on ordering the box set soon, when I can scrounge up the money and whatnot.

The best thing about RK to me, were the OVAs. They were perfect, both the subs and the dubs. I've seen the subs and I used to own the dubs. They were perfect in every way, the only anime that matches up to the RK OVAs is Cowboy Bebop. The ending was amazing [spoiler]with Tomoe dying and whatnot.[/spoiler].

Of course I've yet to see Noir, which I've heard wonderful things about, so this is subject to change.[/color]

I'd go with Gundam. For me it has just the right balance of action, complex characters and plot. All the politics and ethics and so on might bore some people (plus of course some, e.g. Relina might make you HATE some characters) but for me they just add to its charm. After all in almost any anime there are parts some like, and parts some hate.

Inuyasha is my favorite out of those choices given. It could have alittle better animation but the plot makes up for that. The characters are so so most are not going to be around long enough to make a difference. The villians are excellent and make the show worth watching.

Well, out of all of them I would have vto pick Rurouni Kenshin or Yu Yu Hakusho. i cant choose between them. But if i had to id vote for Rurouni Kenshin. Even though the blue haired chick in Yu Yu is like my fav. anime. I'd still have to vote for Kenshin. But sorry for the Yu Yu Hakusho fans, but Rurouni Kenshin gets my vote. :)

Sweet! You know I i can't choose between my fav. cartoons either thats why i have so many. It's just not fair to only pick one out of the hundreds out there.

*** JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS. YOU DON"T HAVE TO PICK ONLY FROM THE CARTOONS I ORIGINALLY POSTED. YOU CAN LIST ANY CARTOON.

AHH Ruouni Kenshin i love that show..i prefer the manga tho for the Jinchuu arc..ENISHI is just YUMMYYY..tho you can catch a bit of him in the OVA seisohen..*warning prepare to bawl..yes even the guys...*but not muchT_T the show is great and the chracters well developed..and the fight scences..OMG they are amazing [spoiler]aoshi's fight with kenshin ..YUMMY[/spoiler] i laso love GW for the hot bishies and i am now currenly obsessed with Gravitation and Yami no Mastuei(descendents of Darkness) both are very beautifully done and halarious..ive also seen some Noir its awsome ecspecially the music..inu yasha's okay but its dragging a bit..ive never seen YYH but people keep on telling me how good it is..then again they also say taht DBZ had a plot..so >.>

I've never seen Noir, what is that anyway? Personally I like Rurouni Kenshin, Slayers, YuYuHakusho, and this one show called Dual, which appears on Tech TV"s Anime Unleashed. The animes that come on their rock. I was prone to watchin' Demon Slayer, where an half human, half demon boy had to go on a quest to discover his sister, only to find that she evil.

If you wanna be my buddy, just PM me, alright?:D :D :D

I've never really seen Noir either, but in expecting it in ht email pretty soon. I've never really heard of Dual, I'll have to check that out for myself..... what channel is Tech TV on ( if it is a channel) I've heard good things about it but i don't know where to start looking.