OtakuBoards

Your Favorite TV show when you were a kid

Kanariya

:love: when I was little I like watching Ding Don, casues is so cuta and cool, beside that there is still a tone that I can't remember the name of it. I never watch Barney when I was little, may be because I am not from around here.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transformers and GIJOE, by far!

Transformers is pretty simple when you watch it now, but was a great show. It had a lot of action but nobody really ever got hurt permanently in it. It also dealt with the ever pertinent "human hating" issues as well as robot vs. robot rivalry. All in all it is a great tool for learning when watched by youngsters.

From a scientific perspective, kids could learn all about the harnessing of energy into "energon cubes" which is the main power source of our time.

To help kids be more creative in a literary sense, the writers added lines like, "I wanna cruch those decepti-creeps" and also called them "decepti-bums" and "decepti-fools". You can always count on a good "transform and roll out" too, which is very motivational.

[color=crimson][size=1] I used to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That is the best show in existence as far as I'm concerned. I also want to get the live action movies again. Granted I can't remember much of it now. That and Transformers all great shows as far as I'm concerned. I know there was more but my brain doesn't want to work[/color][/size]

• 4 weeks later...
I watched a ton of them, but for some, the fact that I watched them didn?t mean that I liked them a lot. For example, the only reason I watched Alice in Wonderland was so I could watch My Little Pony Tails which came right after it in the mornings.
I liked Pink Panther a lot and I remember when I was five, I would wake up at five in the morning to watch Sailor Moon. Saturday mornings I would watch stuff like X-Men and Sonic the Hedgehog. Some of my other favorites were:

Fantastic Max, Teknoman, Ronin Warriors, Eureka?s Castle, Muppet Babies, Gummi Bears, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Care Bears, Eek the Cat, Beetlejuice, Captain Planet, Bobby?s World, and some others that aren?t coming to mind.

Also, I remember that I couldn?t stand Sesame St.; it was like a punishment to watch when nothing else was on.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yami*Maho Keno [/i]
[B].
I liked Pink Panther a lot and I remember when I was five, I would wake up at five in the morning to watch Sailor Moon. Saturday mornings I would watch stuff like X-Men and Sonic the Hedgehog. Some of my other favorites were:

Fantastic Max, Teknoman, Ronin Warriors, Eureka?s Castle, Muppet Babies, Gummi Bears, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Care Bears, Eek the Cat, Beetlejuice, Captain Planet, Bobby?s World, and some others that aren?t coming to mind.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I remember those shows. My brother and I have been huge fans of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We'd watched a whole lot of episodes; especially the movies. I can never forget Muppet Babies, Beetlejuice, Sonic, and most definitly Bobby's World. These shows were like school to me. Pink Panther was my favorite classic. I just love that opening theme; it's so jazzy.:smoke:

alvin & the chipminks, beetlejuice, carebears, fraggle rock, eek! the cat, smurfs, teenage muntant turtles, the california raisin show, GI Joe, and my favourite when I was little Pirates of the Dark Water. I was fascinated by nibbler the monkey bird. Ah does anyone else remember this show? :sweat:

[QUOTE]alvin & the chipminks, beetlejuice, carebears, fraggle rock, eek! the cat, smurfs, teenage muntant turtles, the california raisin show, GI Joe, and my favourite when I was little Pirates of the Dark Water. I was fascinated by nibbler the monkey bird. Ah does anyone else remember this show? [/QUOTE]

Yes, that's one that I was forgetting! I really loved Pirates of Dark Water and even my mom would watch it with us because it was her favorite too. I remember all of the characters? names except the monkey bird?s. I guess Nibbler sounds familiar. I really miss that show. :(

Guest Inuyasha7575
When I was a little kid which wasn't long ago since im 14 I used to watch Garfield and Friends,Sonic the Hedgehog,Beetle Juice,and one show I used to watch all the time Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for some reason I could stop watching it.

LOL being a boy, everyone makes fun of me now. I dont care though. The show I used to like was Carebears. It was an awesome show. I seriously still watch it from time to time:P.

I also loved Power Rangers and rugrats AND BATMAN! You know, the real tv show with batman and robin where they'd punch someone and it would say WACK! BOOM! POW! lol

:D Everytime I read a post I remember another show.

Carebears - I watched a teeny bit, I think.

Sonic the Hedgehog - I loved this, I still have a load of comics from when I was about 13, I wish I could still find it. STC! WHOO!

Alvin and the Chipmunks - and there was the movie spoofs version too. BATMUNK! YEAH!

I very VAGUELY remember Captain Planet and I really wish I'd seen Samurai Pizza Cats.

I discovered the Smurfs when I was ten, there was this big niose on TV cause they were being put back on the air.

I remember a show called Eek the cat, but that barley goes put the name, I do remember Felix the Cat however.

Pirates of the Dark Water, there was an episode of this that scared the hell out of me, this woman they meet melts and there's this black and white goop in the sea, our toilet seat at the time was black withlittle white rubber cushions under it, it reminded me of this, so I always used to put the seat down REALLY fast if someone left it up. LOL

Which reminds me of something, Dizzy Heights Hotel. There was an episode where they built a wall across the hotel and this person cooks boots for food. Some plaster falls form the ceiling when someones stomach rumbls, and I got the impression that they died or something, either way, it kinda creeped me out.

Does anyone remember Radio Roo? the Original Bodger and Badger? Or perhaps Chucklevision..?

My brother just reminded me, Juniper Jungle... hee hee, the villain was a matress, and his henchman was a tyre. There was a cheetah policeman who had noughts and crosses boards drawn all over him *shrug* And the matress used to say 'Why am I laughing..? I'm evil...!'

And then there was 'The Hurricanes', about a football (soccer) team whos big rivals kept playing dirty, and cheating, and one of them was called Ruud and he played in bare feet >_< (ouch) and there was one where they had to dig a prison escape tunnel with a spoon, LOL.

And other stuff, Winnie the Pooh. I think I once saw the Mario Brothers and Legend of Zelda cartoons.

Dr Zitbags' Transylvania Pet Shop, hee hee, there was an episode where they made a scape goat, another one I only got recently.

Mighty Kai: I'm glad to see someone finally remembers SOMETHING of the Cosgrove stuff. They were aimed at kids, but they actually had a LOT of adult jokes in them...

and I may have mentioned it already but does anyone remember Fireman Sam?

And I almsot forgot, PC Pinkerton... I loved that.

Oh, and Mighty Max, of course. That was kinda funny.

and He-man, Batman, Spiderman, a little X-men.

Captian Pugwash, and in the same vien Peter Pan and the Pirates, no, not the Disney one.

Maid Marrion and her Merry Men, Men in Tights kind of humour, only not so adult, Robin Hood spoof, obviously.

Superted, yup, watched that too.

Little Mouse on the Prairie, Bananas in Pyjamas.

Wow, this brings back memories of Andy Peters in the Broom Cupboard, someone in my house had an Ed the Duck lunchbox.

Scooby Doo was another favourite. And the one with Scappy too... O_o *notices ripping of line* Tiny Toons, with the younger versions of the Looney Toons, I had the game, Babs bunny... hmm... possibly some the basis for Lola in Space Jam.

Wren and Stimpy, which, looking back, was really gross.

Dinobabies was cool, and Greedysaurus. OMG I still remember the theme tune, ya know, that looks like it was done in paint

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, My god what did we watch..?

Charlie Brown, still funny today. I had a snoopy pen topper, it came in my Rice Crispies.

Popeye, Poypye and Son. We had a song for this...

*ahem*
He's Popey the Sailor Man!
He lives in a caravan!
He opened the door and
he fell through the floor,
He's Popeye the sailor maaaaan!
*runs away*

Attack of of the killer tomatoes... that had the best theme tune.
Ghostbusters, we played the theme tune at birthday discos :therock:

Hong Kong Phooey, which was just wierd, he had a PINK karate belt. and he washes the kids blackbelts and turns them white.

Inspector Gadget was cool, unfortunately, there was the annoying Gadget Boy cash in.

ohmigod! The Wombles! 'Underground overground...' AHEM

Timmy Mallet, my god, he had a giant pink hammer and HUGE glasses, it was great. and in a simmillar vein, Get Your Own Back, Run the Risk there was the funhouse or something like it and one where you had to look for clues in a big house and deliberately trash the place. The was The Wetter The Better, where school kids soaked thier teachers, which was filmed in Blackpool, incidentaly.

The Adventured of Spot, I loved it, he once buried his dad in the sand... ^_^

The Animals of Farthing Woods, which in retrospect was sooo an environmental campaign... I had BOOKS. Fox was cool. And the rabbits, (while running around in panic) Don't Panic! Don't Panic!.

Earthworm Jim, Albert the Fifth musketeer, Robonson Sucroe, Bananaman, Barbar, Brum, Pingu, Space Precinct, Oscars' Orchestra, Elidor, Astro Farm, Funny Bones, (in dark dark house, in a dark dark street, the was a dark dark stair.. yeh) The famous five, Insektors, Secret Life of Toys, The Crystal Maze, Grange Hill, Madeline, Noddy, The Playbus (which I may have metioned) The Queen's Nose, Postman Pat, The Really Wild Show, Round the Twist, Rocko's Morden Life, Return to Jupiter, Rosie and Jim, (we had a song about that too, they do... stuff... in a biscuit tin...) Rupert the Bear, Ship to Shore, The Borrowers, Thomas the Tank Engine, I wish I'd seen The Trapdoor, All of the Beatrix Potter animations, Where's Wally.

I found a website -_-; I watched WAAAAAY too much tv didn't I?

[URL=http://www.abc.net.au/rollercoaster/kidstv/shows/prog6.htm]Clickie[/URL] :D

This post took exactly 1 hour and 40 minutes -_-;