OtakuBoards

Your Favorite TV show when you were a kid

Kanariya

I am asking, what was your favorite television show when you were about 1-4 years old of age?

Now everyone knows the big purple dinosaur who sang the "I love you" song. Barney, yes my favorite television show when I was little. I used to sing along with the reruns and cry at the ending when he sang the "I love you" song. I memorized it and sang it along, crying at the same time.
Why? Because when I was a kid, I found singing abc songs and number songs etc. to be really fun. I also liked dinosaurs too, another reason why I really liked it and it became my favorite show when I was little.

And when you answer my question, can you [u]please[/u] explain why it was your favorite when you were little. Thanks :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww...don't cry. I remember watching Barney and friends when I was a baby. I'll never forget those reruns. Fortunatly, the shows I use to watch when I was about 2 to 4 years old were "I Love Lucy" and "Love Connection." Lucy is a the funniest woman; and I never miss a single show. I liked the love connection show because of the numbers that show up on screen.:therock: It maybe alittle weird, but I love them.:) :angel:

The Elephant Show with Sharon, Lois, and Bram

Oh, that was my show. 3 adults and an elephant (a man in an elephant suit). They had this apartment in the city I thought was so cool, because it was on the bottom floor instead of the top. There was a staircase up that led to the sidewalk, and their windows were level to the sidewalk. They would hang out with all these kids and go to the park and find something fun to do. Then they'd cut to a concert scene where Sharon, Lois, and Bram sing a song. Then they go back to the episode with them hanging out in the apartment or park.

I still remember the songs they used to open and close the show...

They opened with...
[color=darkblue]One elephant went out to play
Upon a spider's web one day
He had such enormous fun
That he called for another elephant to come.[/color]

And they closed with...
[color=darkblue]Skina-ma-rinky dinky dink
Skina-ma-rinky doo
I love you[/color]

I was 4 or 5 when that show was on the air, and I still remember the theme songs. I haven't heard those songs in roughly 15 years, yet i still remember the words, the sight of an elephant walking on a web, and the hand gestures for the words "I love you." Yet I can't remember my 12s-tables in multiplication. How sad is that?

On another note, I think Barney became popular when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. I didn't watch it until my little sister was born 5 years ago. Now I remember why I liked Sesame Street better. Barney was annoying, and he changed the words to my favorite pre-school songs. Although I can't help but wonder what became of Barney's first batch of kids. Those actors are around my age. They have to be in their late teens and early 20s by now...

Now I feel old.

I barely remember anything I did, much less watched when I was that young lol.

From what my parents tell me, I was really into game shows. The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune being my favorites. I remember one story in particular they always like to tease me with, which I won't reveal here...suffice it to say, it's just one of those embarrasing kid stories parents love to tell your friends and neighbors :(

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alastor [/i]
[B]I used to watch Power Rangers all the time. I couldnt get enough. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, thanks for making me feel old :p

EDIT: Gah, the Super Mario Bros. Super Show! How could I forget that?! Granted, I started watching it out of the age range in this thread, but eh. I was one of those dorks that did The Mario at the end credits, so this must be included.

[COLOR=teal][SIZE=1][FONT=arial]I can truthfully say I didn't watch TV shows when I was 1-4 years old because we didn't and still don't have cable. We only had one channel (right now we have three) back then, the only thing we had were cartoon Ninja turtle videos and even then I didn't really watch them I was having too much fun playing outside on the swingset or wrestling with my big brothers and little sister. Though I do think I started watching X-Files when I was five...

What is sad is I had never even heard of Barney until the second grade though, I can't say I don't mind...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I am a huge X-Men and Spiderman fan. I used to watch there cartoons on Saturday. I also used to watch the Silver Surfer, The Hulk, Fantastic Four. and Iron Man. Those ones came on Sunday. I also used to watch Batman, Superman, and Batman Beyond, Those came on Saturday also. Now I watch Justice League and Teen Titans.

Lamb Chop's Playalong!!!! Wow! I remember watching that show everyday when i was little. That and turtles, my brother loved that show. And you can't forget sesame street! oh those were the days. But we didn't have cable when i was really little, so my TV show was watching my dad play Sonic the Hedgehog, The original on our Sega. I can't just remember sitting on their bed, and just watching...watching...until it was time to go to sleep, and then i would pop out of my bottom bunk bed and scare my brother while he was sleeping. ;) I'm so evil.

Does anyone else remember Lamb Chop's Playalong???????????

I watched Barney till he ripped me off.
Well not him directly but his fanclub.My grandpa worked at PBS/KET so I grew up on Sesame Street and Mr.Rogers.
Now Mr.Rogers gives me nightmares even though he's dead.

[QUOTE]Fraggle Rock.... 'nuff said.[/QUOTE]
Fraggle Rock was awsome.It was like the muppets on acid.

I watched Lambchop too.*sings This is the song that never ends...*
There was just something about that puppet.

I used to watch whatever was on, I didn't really have the mental capacity to discern the good form the bad (although I did notice that the worse ones came on later in the day). The Elephant Show, Eureka's Castle, Reading Rainbow, Sesame Street, Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, George of the Jungle, Looney Tunes, Power Ranges, Rupert, Muppet Babies, Alice in Wonderland(The series), Under the Umbrella Tree. Yep good times...

There was also another one with this old gnome. Does anyone remember that? It was like this gnome with a beard, I think he was married too. He used to do stuff, I guess gnome stuff I don't really remember.

:D yeh, I did watch the turtles, the sonic cartoons, Power Rangers (when I was about seven or eight) but they ween't even close to my favourites,

I used to love a show called Button Moon, there was this girl called Tina Teaspoon and this Boy Scout clled Eggbert (he was an egg) all the puppets were made with kitchen utensils and food. They had this rocket, which was so obviously supposed to be a Heinz Baked Beans tin, with a funnel on top. The moon (surprisingly enough) was a buton, nd they had this episode where they got overrun by mice, which were made out of skittles, all the bodies were bottles, and they used forks and spoons for arms. OMG I've realised where my weirdness came from. (not to mention finally figured out what to animate for my project)

I also liked Tomas The Tank Engine, I dunno what it is with tots and trains, but even seeing one is like WOOOOOW! LOOKIT! It was narrated by Ringo Starr, but I didn't realise who he was for a looong time. My favourite was Henry, the big green train, I got a train set with him in, but he couldn't go around the corners cos he was so long and there was no joint between him and the tender.

I had a big thing for the Cosgrove animations, Dangermouse and Duckula, mainly. I don't remember much about Dangermouse, but I had Duckula videos and stuff, the characters were sooo funny, and all English voiced (unless you count the texans in one episode) there was even an episode where they went to the jungle looking for ancient treasures, (Jungle Duck, lol) they meet Tarzan, but he's a clumsy wimpy guy with an old style accent, like 'Tally Ho Chaps! Wot!' ah, them were the days... There was another episode where these thieves sell the castle to this Texan couple who want to put it next to the pool to outdo thier nieghbours, they take to castle apart from the bottom up, cos they can't reach the roof. The roof gets lower and lower and Duckula thinks Nanny is wearing High-heels. Then the castle gets mailed brick-by-brick to Texas and put back together wrong cos the thievs can only count to ten. ^_^ Oh, they had a teleporting castle, in one episode, Duckula says, 'the rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain, that's ok, we'll go by castle' he eventually ends up fighting a bull. Igor was a psychotic maniac, who tried to torture guests and always ended up in his own traps. Nanny was a very strong stupid type with her arm constantly in a sling, and Duckula had a thing for Brocolli Sandwiches, instead of blood, cos Nanny used Ketchup, instead of Blood when they made him. heh heh.

@_@ I've written a lot. I'm gonna shut up now. :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by duorocks17 [/i]
[B]Lamb Chop's Playalong!!!! Wow! I remember watching that show everyday when i was little. That and turtles, my brother loved that show. And you can't forget sesame street! oh those were the days. But we didn't have cable when i was really little, so my TV show was watching my dad play Sonic the Hedgehog, The original on our Sega. I can't just remember sitting on their bed, and just watching...watching...until it was time to go to sleep, and then i would pop out of my bottom bunk bed and scare my brother while he was sleeping. ;) I'm so evil.

Does anyone else remember Lamb Chop's Playalong??????????? [/B][/QUOTE]

I used to watch that show to. The ending song was my favorite, I used to run around the house singing the song that doesn't end. The puppets could have been alittle better though; I mean while Jim Hanson had the muppets she had sock puppets. I remember when they ended and started up a new show about a pizza place on a beach. Thats when it lost its appeal toward me.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Epid3mic [/i]
[B]I used to watch whatever was on, I didn't really have the mental capacity to discern the good form the bad (although I did notice that the worse ones came on later in the day). The Elephant Show, Eureka's Castle, Reading Rainbow, Sesame Street, Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, George of the Jungle, Looney Tunes, Power Ranges, Rupert, Muppet Babies, Alice in Wonderland(The series), Under the Umbrella Tree. Yep good times...

There was also another one with this old gnome. Does anyone remember that? It was like this gnome with a beard, I think he was married too. He used to do stuff, I guess gnome stuff I don't really remember. [/B][/QUOTE]
As soon as I read those, the theme songs of Eureka's Castle and Muppet Babies suddenly came back to me. Especially the ending theme to Eureka's Castle. Everything from those singing gargoyle fish to the giant who owned Eureka's castle as a music box.

Are you talking about Adventures in Wonderland, where they used live actors? I loved that show. For some reason, the episode where the Red Queen bought new china dishware stands out. She kept saying she bought china, and everyone assumed she was buying the country. I think the Wonderland phone book had red pages instead of yellow.

David The Gnome. I used to watch that everyday when I came home from kindergarten. I think he lived underground with his wife. There were a bunch of tunnels the gnomes used so they could hide from the trolls, which I thought were surprisingly big.

I feel older, now.

Well for what was worth, i really loved the power rangers. Yes, I remember the time I used to be the green one. I also pretty much liked Barney, if not my favorite of all time. I dont know, I never really watched kiddy shows, I stuck to the Barts Adventures, Sailor Moon and Pokemon when I was little.

[FONT=arial]Lamb Chop was awesome. I would watch that show like the dickens whenever it came on (did that even make sense? o_0). that and Sesame Street, and Barney. you know, the late 80's/early 90's stuff that came on the public television channel.

now that I think about it, all the shows I especially liked as a kid involved puppets of some sort. coincidence or what, lol. then again, most shows back then had puppets in them in some way, shape, or form.

I figured it would be (somewhat) appropriate to post this picture I made *cough* edited, since LambChop was brought up. take it as you will.
[center][img]http://invisionfree.com/forums/Elven_Realm_Forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=112[/img][/center][/FONT]

I think just about everybody remembers watching Barney or Teletubbies or whatever!:) It dosn't matter now..... because the little ones who watch it obiously don't know that Barney is a dumb man in a costume that never finished collage!:) I'm sorry if that was uncalled for. I'm done talkin' Demon Babe:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Demon Babe:) [/i]
[B]I think just about everybody remembers watching Barney or Teletubbies or whatever!:) [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=green]I'm sure most of us here are too old to have watched Teletubbies when we were children. They didn't come around until 1998, I believe.

Anyways, I always used to watch Power Rangers.. I love that show.[/size][/color]

So everyone loved the Power Rangers...Lamb Chop was awesome too. Oh yeah and amibasuki, what a wonderful peaceful picture.
But I also liked the oldies...Three's Company, Different Strokes were my favorite oldies. Ooh Cheers, yeah I loved that too.
I didn't like the Teletubbies when I was little. I thought it was stupid...and I wanted to yell at the TV, "ha ha you all are fat!" but parents were always there to watch your every move.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. Does anyone remember the little kid's show with the worm who drove an apple car? I forgot what that was called.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Epid3mic [/i]
[B]There was also another one with this old gnome. Does anyone remember that? It was like this gnome with a beard, I think he was married too. He used to do stuff, I guess gnome stuff I don't really remember. [/B][/QUOTE] [FONT=arial][color=336600]David the Gnome! Ahahah, I remember that show.

I used to watch a ton of TV when I was little. Heh. [i]Eureka's Castle[/i] was one of my favorites, although I don't think I actually got to watch it what much. Another show I loved was [i]Fraggle Rock.[/i] I mean...it was just so cool, heh.

Manic, you get a shiney gold star, heh. And a good-natured smack upside the head, because the elephant song is now stuck in my head, [i]and it won't go away.[/i]

And I loved the [i]Skinamarink[/i] song with a passion. Heh, "I love you in the morning, and in the afternoon..."

Let's see, what else. I haven't wondered about the original [i]Barney[/i] cast for a while, but I remember wondering about it a few years ago. (Four or five years ago?) I never had any particular liking for the show (You hit the nail on the head, he changed the words to my songs, heh), but I had two younger siblings and my mom ran an in-house daycare... Wow. That was a while ago, heh.

I also loved the [i]Pinwheel[/i] song, although I don't particularly remember seeing the show. That's curious....ah, well. "Pinwheel, pinwheel, where have you been? Hello, how are you, and may I come in?"

Does anyone remember seeing the Pink Panther stuff? I was really surprised when I started seeing Pink's merchandise recently. Not dismayed, exactly, but definitely surprised, heh. He was so cool. (On a less-than-cartoon note, has anyone seen the movies about the diamond?)

Ooh--what about [i]The Getalong Gang?[/i] I think...there were a bunch of animals who had their clubhouse in...a caboose? Heh. They were another favorite of mine. (I must have gone through a lot of phases to have been so obsessed with so many different shows...)

I loved the [i]Ghostbusters[/i] cartoon. I thought (at one point, at least, heh) that it was the greatest thing ever, and I watched it almost religiously. [i]TMNT[/i] was another show in that vein that I just adored.

I remember getting up early and watching [i]Garfield and Friends[/i] every morning. (My little brother does the same thing now, which kind of freaks me out, to be honest.) Heh, Garfield...good times, that was.

And, and, and....[i]ALF[/i], and [i]Raggedy Ann and Andy[/i], and [i]Beetlejuice[/i] and [i]Alvin and the Chipmunks[/i] and the California Raisin guys, and [i]Looney Tunes[/i], and [i]Chip and Dale--Rescue Rangers[/i] (Ch-ch-ch-chip 'n Dale!), and [i]Zoobilly Zoo[/i] (With Lookout Bear and Bravo fox and everyone?), and [i]Saved by the Bell[/i] (loved that show) and the [i]Smurfs[/i] and that show that everyone swears I'm making up, about Mario and Luigi, and [i]Mighty Mouse[/i], and [i]Darkwing Duck[/i], and [i]Pound Puppies[/i] (Heh, a tv show and stuffed animals), and [i]My Little Pony[/i] and [i]Sesame Street[/i], and [i]Land of the Lost[/i], and [i]Ducktales[/i], and [i]Ballooner Landing[/i], and [i]Mister Rogers[/i] (Special Delivery!), and [i]Happy Days[/i] and [i]Muppet Babies[/i] (did I already mention them?) and [i]Gumby[/i] and that one show about all these girls with freakishly long hair, and, and, and......I watched far too much television as a child, didn't I?[/FONT][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][FONT=arial][color=336600]
Does anyone remember seeing the Pink Panther stuff? I was really surprised when I started seeing Pink's merchandise recently. Not dismayed, exactly, but definitely surprised, heh. He was so cool. (On a less-than-cartoon note, has anyone seen the movies about the diamond?)[/FONT][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Pink Panther was awesome. The theme song is classic...I watched those cartoons at 5:30 in the morning on TNT just about everyday.

[B][FONT=arial][color=336600]
I remember getting up early and watching [i]Garfield and Friends[/i] every morning. (My little brother does the same thing now, which kind of freaks me out, to be honest.) Heh, Garfield...good times, that was.[/FONT][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Shame on me for completely forgetting about Garfield and Friends. Garfields was, of course, hilarious and the U.S. Acres cartoons were very funny, as well (off topic: I've never found a newspaper that had the U.S. Acres comics in syndication but I have several of the books o_O)

[B][FONT=arial][color=336600]...and that show that everyone swears I'm making up, about Mario and Luigi...[/FONT][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Why does everyone think you're making it up o_O I mean, there have been four shows with Mario and Luigi in it (well, three seeing as Super Mario All-Stars was only repeats of episodes from The Super Mario Bros. Super Show and Super Mario World). Everyone who swears you're making that show up missed out, because those shows ruled...though, I'm probably a bit biased :p

[color=firebrick]My mom used to bench us four kids in front of the tv to watch [b]"Muzzy"[/b]. He was this blue bear-like guy who loved to eat clocks [SIZE=1](he sort of looked like the big blue guy in Monsters Inc)[/SIZE]. The Gardener [SIZE=1](can't remember his name... Bob?)[/SIZE] was in love with the Princess... and the evil guy Corvax tried to break the lovers apart.

Don't know if it can be called a "kiddies" show, but I thought it was fun. Educating as well :P

- Mimmi[/color]

[color=green]Do any of you remember Fear Street books by R.L. Stine? Well, R.L. Stine was the head writer for [i]Eurika's Castle[/i]...nifty little fact there. I used to watch all these show as a kid, except Power Rangers, I was a little old by then. But my favorite has to be [i]The Mysterious Cities of Gold[/i]. It was on Nickalodeon... I loved it! It was about these three kids, trying to find the cities of gold before the conquistadors... It was great.[/color]