OtakuBoards

Whats with Anime hair?

ShortySilly16

[FONT=arial]What is up with sraight hair withAnime girls? I mean I can only think of one, Mai Valintine, and I can't think of anyone else!!! I mean whats wrong with curls! With strong waves! With Naturually Fuzzy HAIR![/FONT] :flaming: :bawl: Opps.. lost my cool..
...-_- ..ok ..I think i'm ok now... Will post what you think.

Oh ya some please tell me how to get a picture with my sign.

Um there are plenty of anime girls with wavy/curly/ well there really aren't many with fizz....but anyway there are lots of curly-haired girls. Lets see...Sailor Neptune from SM, Mimi from Saint Tail more or less, her poney tail curls at the end...., Kotori from X, Fuu from MKR, Nuriko from FY(okay so * technically [spoiler]he isn't a women but when he lets his hair down it's curly[/spoiler]. I guess Hikaru is the same way...the hair that is. But on those standards so are Sailor Moon and Mini Moon and well I could go on foever so I'll shut up) , Chidori from Ceres, and well i could go on but then I'd be here forever....but the reason that there aren't as many curly-haired girls as stright-haired is because in Japan they normally have stright hair so that would be the norm. Yep well muy rambling is done so you can relax now!

Ew, no. Asian women generally look terrible with perms (I'm speaking from experience; my poor dear mother once got one).

To tell you the truth, most anime characters don't appear to be even [i]slightly[/i] Asian. And I can name plenty of anime females who don't have pin-straight hair. Don't fret about it; few character designs are intended to appear even mildly realistic.

~Dagger~

Like any sort of artistic display, anime is often focused on experimenting with various gradients of reality. Straighter hair would probably be seen as more traditional or realistic, whereas more outlandish coiffures might give a sense of mystery and exoticism that might somehow detract from the series' style or overall popularity. Personaly, though, I'd sooner look twice at what surprises me than what I see on a regular basis, and I think that's becoming more and more of the general feeling throughout the media. I'd like to see some more characters who can flaunt their curls!

[B][QUOTE]Ew, no. Asian women generally look terrible with perms (I'm speaking from experience; my poor dear mother once got one).[/QUOTE][/B]

not really...my mother has almost had one her whole life...it's curled...but that's getting off topic...

if you watch some anime like yu yu hakusho, inuyasha(ok...so maybe not that)....pokemon, yugioh, yeah...you get it...most anime girl's hair doesn't look straight...maybe it's just the show you watch that has straight haired girls... :angel:

[i][color=lightpink]Ohhohh!!! *raises her hand* I know an anime girl who has HUGE curls!! Mnax from Weiss Kreuz. man does she have huge ones i tellyou and YES i am talking about her curls. Silly perverts ^^. And Yohji Kudou from Weiss Kreuz has wavy hair...but he's a guy.

And IRL i have natural curly/wavy hair. And it sucks so much. I envy all straight haired people. NEVER GET A PERM![/color][/i]

Guest Skyechild91
Neptune has wavy hair, Fuu and Hikaru have wavy hair, Akane has kinda curly hair, shampoo's hair rox, urds hair is NOT straigh... you get my point? my hair is wavy, curly when wet, and often floofy...

Well in a full on series complex styled hair would be a pain to do. Thats why you mainly see wavy, curly hair in OAV's or movies or on short lived characters, or on characters that only appear ever so often and if it is in an extended series it's probably not of good quality done hair.
A lot of characters have wavy and curly hair, but most of the ones that do are the ones that present an extreme sex appeal. They want them to have an exotic style look. With straight it gives them an appearence of an everyday girl, a non conceded (?) character. A character thats not all about looks. But it's mainly the rreason cause it's alot easier to draw straight hair, believe me I know.

(P.S.) In DBZ once Bulma had a blue puffy afro.

[COLOR=purple][SIZE=1]

Well if everyone really looks at all the differences between anime women and they hair..as well as the men....
they hair kinda shows their personality as well as helps you tell the difference between so many characters out there. As well as the clors, they help out to.
I'm serious would you really be able to tell the difference between characters if they looked as Native women(and that goes for eveyr society)
I mean if all Asians, Blacks, Whites, Indians, etc, had the same hair style amoung them would you really be able to say "oh that's (whoever) and thats (whatyoucallit)...
Cause I know I can't plus thats how women are. they change their hair or looks to be different at times... and in anime I thin its a life saver.
But no matter I do love the differnt styles of hair out there..and I have seen plenty!!!![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest application
hair is what set out a persons personallity, you can always tell what someone is going to be like by their hair, the same is true for anime. Take vash for example, if his hair is down you can see a different side of him.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShortySilly16 [/i]
[B]yap that true too [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I'm sorry, but this is spam. Please read the rules on post quality in the OtakuBoards Information Center if you don't want more of your posts to be deleted.

Thank you.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=silver]I LOVE anime hair! You can take it to so many extremes. Most of the people I draw though have either really long straight but kinda wavy hair of long pigtail braid thingers.[/COLOR] [COLOR=silver]My people generally have long bangs like mine, pushed to the sides of their face or hanging in front of their eyes. I mostly only draw bangs, large on girls with braids or ponytails and sometimes small on guys but most often long messy spikey kindof wind blown looking. I hope that wasn't too confusing.[/COLOR]