OtakuBoards

Rugby World Cup: If you don't want to know the score, look away now

Doukeshi

Okay for any of you OBers from England, I just have an annoucement to make.

We've finally found a sport that we, as a nation, are good at! England has made it into the Rugby World Cup Finals!! Oh yes, we are to be playing Australia next week, it should prove to be an interesting showdown ^_~.

So what do you guys think of this, or just your general thoughts on Rugby anyway. Always open to opinions.

The rugby world cup doesn't interest me anymore, perhaps it's becuase Australia knocked us out in the semi-finals. :p

Actually, I'll be supporting England for the sole purpose of seeing soemone beat Australia, so go the English, and Aussie, we've still got the bledisloe, and the Tri Nations too.

-you got lucky with that whole "Webb Ellis cup thingy" ~_^

Shinji- deal with it... the Wallabies whooped the All-Blacks butts, because you didn't have your **** together on Saturday. But damn, the through the legs pass by Spencer in the previous games was friggin legendary. Good stuff. I was convinced the Wallabies were dead, but we pulled through.

I watched the Wallabies bash the All-Blacks and then English beat the French. Both awesome games.

If the Wallabies can perform as well as they did against NZ when they verse the English... we've won. From the performance of the English team last night, I think the Wallabies may have it. It all comes down to the weather- if it is a dry night, the wallabies will have it, I'm convinced. However, if it is a wet night... It is anyones game. Hopefully our guys who were injured against NZ last Saturday will be all fit for this weekend. Apparently the Wallaby who was carted off last night is OK- he has movement in his hand.

Why are you guys all bad sports, going for the Poms for the mere fact that you lost to the Wallabies. Bah, pathetic.

The World Cup is awesome, Rugby is the best ever sport, and the Wallabies have a 70% chance of winning I think.

The Wallabies are a good team no denying that but I don't think that they've been at their best this WC. Granted they've played well and I do think that we'll have a very good game on our hands. I don't think you can grade the performance against France as a marker for England's performance in the final. Both teams are going to be pulling out all the stops and with Wilkinson at his peak we're going to give the Aussies a run for your money.

Personally I can't wait, it's payback time ^_~.

[color=silver]Due to my father having contacts with the England Twickenham Rugby stadium, I know a majority of the team. You may not believe me but when your dad's third from the top of director/manager ship with the stadium opposite the road you can't help but meet them. Heh, I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging so I apologise in advance.

Don't get me started on rugby. I love the sport, well I have since my dad's career anyway. I feel the Wallabies against England will be a very close game. England was knocked out last time but like the headlines said from Martin Johnson's quote, ''We pledge to not let you down.'' I think they'll lose publicity of British fans flew out to Australia and had to come back with a loss, heh.

I was surprised by the All Blacks defeat but the Wallabies did do very well indeed, I am in noway biased in my view but I do feel opinionated that England are going to win, the pressure is pushing the team forward whether they like it or not. I doubt I'll see a player such as Johnny Wilkinson for a long time due to his huge publicity coming, however in request I will try my best to get some autographs for you. Just notify me through PM and I'll do my best. ^_^[/color]

[size=1][color=darkblue]Zidargh has just mention the one reason England will win. We have Jonny Wilkinson. There is no player like him in the tournament, and he's our key player in the game against the Wallabies. Our defence is strong, which will cause problems, and although close, I think England can do it. They have my support at least. Come On England![/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]
Why are you guys all bad sports, going for the Poms for the mere fact that you lost to the Wallabies. Bah, pathetic.

[/B][/QUOTE]

The all Blacks deserved to lose, the Wallabies, in our game, out played out classed and outmatched us.

The real reason I'm going for the English is because, 1) we're not in it . (that is the selfish reason :naughty: ), and 2) I'd like to see some country that hasn't won it yet grab it. adn 3) to inject a little rilvary and humour into the thread.

:devil: