OtakuBoards

Sarah McLachlan or Dido?

Eugi

Hey there.
I was told by a friend of mine awhile ago that Sarah McLachlan and Dido have nearly the same voices. Just that their song style is different. So, that little line over there inspired this beautiful thread.
I was wondering, which one would you pick, Sarah McLachlan, or Dido? I preffer Sarah in EVERY way.

Post ahead if you have anything to say.

[COLOR=deeppink]Dido, easily. Her songs are wonderful.

I suppose it doesn't help that I may have never heard Sarah McLachlan.

Dido is the reason that I actually like an Emenim song! Of course, the original song, "Thank you", I belive it's called, is one of my favorite songs.[/COLOR]

[color=crimson]Now this is a hard decision. But i think i'll have to agree with Doukeshi03. Im a major Sarah fan ^__^ her voice is just so beauitfull and her songs have such meaning.

Personally my favourite Sarah song is "Angel" and "Adia" is a very close second *slides in her sarah cd* ^__^

But on the other hand, Dido is a beautifull singer too. Her song "white-flag" made me cry like a baby the first time i heard it.

However, i don't think they sound alike O_o not at all really.

Also the fact that Dido is british and Sarah is Canadian is a minor difference lol..sometimes the accent shows through the words just alittle. Because as we all know, people loose thier accents when they sing ^_^[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bishie [/i]
[B][color=crimson]

However, i don't think they sound alike O_o not at all really.

Also the fact that Dido is british and Sarah is Canadian is a minor difference lol.. [/B][/QUOTE]

Britain came to canada, acording to canadian history. Thats why, here in canada, we have like...all these british related things and names and stuff, lots to go over...i wont go over that cause thats not the point.

I heard white flag...i didnt like it :S i think i should give it anohter listen. Well thanks everyone for your opinions, keep posting.

[color=hotpink][size=1]I definitely prefer Sarah McLachlan. Ever since she first debuted way back when, her voice always caught me off guard. It's so sweet and melodic, and it just wraps you up and carries you away. I also like how she has a very melancholy edge to her voice. I really need to get some of her music...[/color][/size]

I'd definitely prefer Sarah MacLachlan, by like a thousand. Well, not really. I do love Dido's songs the first few times I hear them, but I find they get old really fast. Sarah MacLachlan songs, on the other hand, I can listen to forever and never get tired of them. That's key.

Well, lots of people going for sarah.
I wonder, has anyone heard the song Fallen? my favorite mclachlan song right now, actualy ever. It used to be Building a mystery but this song just has a better artistic kind of thing...sounds more solid.

Anyways, I used to like dido because she always kept it natural, like sarah as well, but I have to say things about dido right? I dont like to take sides. Anyways, I remember though in one of her videos, she had yellow teeth... ... i dont know how many artists these days have yellow teeth in their videos cept for those that obviously make a mockery out of songs.

I like them both...but yes, Sarah feels great in my brain. Shes so soft and calm...i cant wait to buy afterglow.
And as for dido, might as well listen to white flag one of these given days.

Dido's pretty good. I like Hunter and White Flag b/c they've both applied to me right when they were coming out. However, White Flag, at least, has gotten old for me.
Primarily, I'm a Sarah fan. I guess I feel like her music is more mature. Dido seems more pop-teen oriented (although she's a very good artist). Sarah has more of an adult feel. And I have to agree, most of her songs haven't gotten old for me.
They both have beautiful voices, but I think I could probably tell them apart even if they sang each other's music.
~art~

[size=1] [color=tomato] It would have to be Dido, for me. I love her voice and the music always seems to calm me. I usually have one of her CDs in when I am painting.
I even went as far as learning to play some of her songs on my guitar. [/color] [/size]