OtakuBoards

Is it right?

No

[color=#707875]The only problem I have is when you say that you "don't like Final Fantasy" because of that one issue. Not only is it an incredibly small and pretty meaningless issue...but it's only one tiny little part of the game. If you're playing games to hear someone sing in Japanese, then you might be playing games for the wrong reasons. ~_^

In all seriousness though, I do believe that Square-Enix could easily have included a Japanese language option. It would not have been hard. It's a shame that they didn't...but, such is life. It doesn't make the game itself any worse as a result.[/color]

[color=silver]I know, I know! Let our countries declare war on eachother over one single computer game song... o_0

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, I don't understand why people are even debating, it's one single song. It's obvious that Square Enix are trying something different for a change, so why not make a change in this? FFXII looks original enough, perhaps FFX-2 is aimed at English speaking countries more now. Who knows?

I myself am completely neutral, I never listen to songs with lyrics in computer games anyway, I just like instrumentals. Therefore I don't particularly care.[/color]

[i][color=lightpink]Ahh see there you are different Zidargh. You listen for the music as some do. Well you dont seem to acknowledge the other people who listen to the lyrics, and hear what they are saying with the music. And for the
[quote]I know, I know! Let our countries declare war on eachother over one single computer game song... o_0[/quote]

Was very unnessicary. I don't even want to go there about war at all, that issue is for another topic and not a very gentle one for me. I hate the whole war issue enough as it is, it made my birthday pretty sad too.

Is there a post about this stuff about Iraq and ect?[/color][/i]

[color=midnightblue]As much as I would like to have the Japanese version of the song in the game, I see no real relevance to it being either way. I mean, they the English-spoken song, Simple and Clean, in Kingdom Hearts.. I had no problem with them changing it. In fact, I think I may like the English version a bit more than the Japanese. It is just a matter of preference.

From my experience for people who purchase items from Japan such as anime and video games frequently, they find it interesting and "nice" that they put in the Japanese song with subtitles.

Yet, at the same time, we know there are little seven-year-olds convincing their parents to buy them video games, and they really would not enjoy reading subtitles. That is, if they could keep up. I have a six-year-old cousin who loves playing Kingdom Hearts, and he hates it when any text pops up. But, as long as Square Enix gets their money, I should think that a large company such as itself would not really care. And, hey, there is bound to be someone out there in this crazy world wide web of ours who has an MP3 of the Japanese version.

But what Square Enix did is what Square Enix did, and they will not be changing FFX-2's intro song. They're busy working on Final Fantasy twelve (and thirteen) now. [/color]

[quote]
[i]Semjaza Azazel originally wrote:[/i]
[b]The amount of people who want to be able to understand a song without reading is far higher than the amount of kids who want everything to be subbed so they can feel like they're more Japanese.[/b]
[/quote]

[color=midnightblue]Heh, as one of those kids who likes subbed things, I thank you for pointing out one of the many holes and problems in my life.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Noëlle [/i]
[B][i][color=lightpink]

Was very unnessicary. I don't even want to go there about war at all, that issue is for another topic and not a very gentle one for me. I hate the whole war issue enough as it is, it made my birthday pretty sad too.

[/color][/i] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=silver]As much as I'd like to go and discuss a war topic over a simple song, it would be irrelevant and could resullt in a flame, all I'm implying is what James rightly said. There was a post previously about American superiority, I mean where did that come from? I'm not blaming anyone, they have their own opinions. Oh well I'll stop now, so before everyone takes sides here, consider to cool down a little as it all seems heated up in this thread. So I apologise for my offense to you Roxanne or anyone who's reading.

A song is a song, and I stand by that. There aren't really any majorities on subbed and dubbed. I'd much rather prefer subbed as if you've ever played Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon, you'd know there is a hefty amount of subbed songs. And I could still enjoy them all the time. But then again, Final Fantasy is becoming more international everyday with no theme on the actual country of Japan whatsoever so a decision had to be made.

[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OtakuSennen [/i]
[B][color=midnightblue]As much as I would like to have the Japanese version of the song in the game, I see no real relevance to it being either way. I mean, they the English-spoken song, Simple and Clean, in Kingdom Hearts.. I had no problem with them changing it. In fact, I think I may like the English version a bit more than the Japanese. It is just a matter of preference. [/color][/b][/QUOTE]

[i][color=lightpink]Simple and Clean, both english and japanese versions were sung and writen by the same exact person. Hikaru Utada. She was born and grew up in New York. So she can speak both English and Japanese.

[b]But[/b] the opening song on FFX-2 is not the same and Yes i do know they wont change it but I feel as if i needed opinions on it. *sigh* It's just a small pet peeve of mine. As of "leave it the original way" It just really ticks me off when someone redoes someone elses song. It just gets all f-ed up.[/color][/i]