OtakuBoards

Smokey Worries

Ryu_Sakura

[COLOR=skyblue]Today, and the past few days I have been seeing images in my incence (sp?), they speak, and flutter around my room, suddenly vanishing. And what's more is the red hot tip, tends to glow silver, tinted red, not like normal, and no it's not new incence, (sp?) it's the same odl stuff I always use.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Are you smoking something else in addition to the inscense?. . just a question.

It's sort of like clouds. . people see images all the time. It could just be the lighting in the room. . could be a lack of sleep. . who knows. It could just be your imagination. . Whatever it is, if you like it, it's all good. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkred][SIZE=2][font=verdana]I know what you mean. . I usually don't get much sleep myself. . it's even better when you are driving around with no sleep. . cars just seemingly swerve right in front of me! . . . ok, so it usually ends up me swerving towards them. . but that's not the point.

If you have a strong belief in paranormal activities, that may also play in with your lack of sleep and let you see things in the smoke. . [/SIZE][/color][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Are you smoking something else in addition to the inscense?[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=2244CC][size=1]Exactly what I wanted to ask.
Well, if you're sleep deprived that could be it. Past that I'm not sure. I guess if you believe heavily in paranormal things, you could be seing things. Or it could just be an overactive imagination.[/szie][/color]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Don't think I am not trying to understand. . it's just hard to give you the answer you are probably expecting. .

Are the images you are seeing made of the smoke? Or is it something seperate altogether? If you are actually seeing ghosts or phantoms flying around your room, perhaps you are really having some visions. . maybe it's the inscence that is bringing them out? Who knows? I don't really believe in ghosts, so I will have no chance in relating what you saw to a personal experience. . Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, or if it isn't even what you meant. . [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ryu_Sakura [/i]
[B][COLOR=skyblue]Today, and the past few days I have been seeing images in my incence (sp?), they speak, and flutter around my room, suddenly vanishing. And what's more is the red hot tip, tends to glow silver, tinted red, not like normal, and no it's not new incence, (sp?) it's the same odl stuff I always use.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=blue]Have you tried meditating while burning this inscence? Maybe there's a spirit trying to tell you something and using fire to get the message across. Hey, it happens. What I hate is when the smoke lengthens then shortens. It always makes me think of someones thread of life getting shortened. DOn't ask me why.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Leh [/i]
[B][color=006699]You're either lying your *** off, or you're on drugs.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=crimson]Ooh..some day I hope to be just as childish and rude as you are!! Lord and Lady I hope not![/COLOR]
[COLOR=deeppink]Other than that, Samurai is right, posting this here is like trying to find the perverbial needle in a haystack where other pagans are concerned. Sure, you'll find a few of us, but as you can see-most people have no clue what you're talking about and think you're nuts.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Let me get this straight... if you don't believe some kid saying they see talking smoke on a message board, [i]you're[/i] ignorant? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=006699]Exactly what I was thinking, Semjaza.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Leh [/i]
[B][color=006699]Exactly what I was thinking, Semjaza.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=violet]I simply meant that you shouldn't call someone a liar because of something they're seeing.
IN my religion, there are possibilities of things like that happening the same with Ryu and Samurai.
If someone heard God talking to them, would you call them a liar? I don't think so. So why should this be any different? You shouldn't make judgements on things you know nothing about.[/color]
[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]and i still think you're rude[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiHorsewoman [/i]
[B][color=violet]I simply meant that you shouldn't call someone a liar because of something they're seeing.
IN my religion, there are possibilities of things like that happening the same with Ryu and Samurai.
If someone heard God talking to them, would you call them a liar? I don't think so. So why should this be any different? You shouldn't make judgements on things you know nothing about.[/color]
[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]and i still think you're rude[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=006699]That's exactly what you're doing - you assume I know nothing about Wiccan and Pagan tendencies, but sorry to burst your immature little bubble, I do.
[size=1]I still think you're immature for a twenty-something year old. Cry me a river.[/size][/color]

I just find the idea of it ridiculous in the first place. I also find believing it incredibly naive. If I believe this, should I believe everything I read on the internet?

I wouldn't have said anything, but the response I've seen is that basically if someone doesn't believe this, they're not in tune with paganism and simply couldn't understand. I didn't know pagans were the only people with ties to the supernatural lol. I also don't understand why it needs to be mentioned in pretty much any thread there is here. I can't come across one thread in Otaku Lounge that doesn't mention it in some form.

In any case, it was just a comment. I wasn't trying to feed any argument lol.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiHorsewoman [/i]
[B][color=violet]I simply meant that you shouldn't call someone a liar because of something they're seeing.
[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]and i still think you're rude[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] And what makes you any different? How do you know anything about God, or the supernatural? You don't. You assume you do, but as far as I am concerned, there couldn't be a God as much as there could.

Tony isn't rude at all. Nor is Leh. They are simply stating their opinions. And even if it might be a touchy subject for you, you yourself know nothing if there is "supernatural" or "God," so your reasoning in saying that they are talking about something they know nothing about is hypocritically, and contradictingly flawed.

The way Leh phrased what he said [i]was[/i] harsh, but some people will be like this. The idea that smoke can talk to you is absurd in all its meaning. He could have phrased what he said better, but sometimes it's best to say what you want to loud. But other times it isn't, and people will demean you for it.

But ah well.

I myself think hearing voices from smoke is pretty insane.[/size]

Well, I don't know if I was one of the people considered "rude" or not. I wasn't trying to go after anyone, it just seems really weird that if you don't agree with that... you basically just don't understand it and apparently [i]couldn't[/i] understand it either. It has nothing to do with actually believing she is telling the truth or not. If you do, that's cool I suppose... but don't go around claiming that everyone else is blind to the truths of the supernatural somehow and only those of a certain religion would ever believe it.

There was a relation made to miracles as well. If someone came on here and claimed to have witnessed a miracle where some religious artifact spoke, I doubt anyone would believe them. In fact, the Church wouldn't either, they'd investigage it thoroughly first, like they do with all other reported miracles. They don't simply say "Ah, a new miracle thanks to our faith that no one else can comprehend!"

Some things are beyond explanation, I suppose. However, if some kid came on here and said he was abducted by aliens, would you believe him? I wouldn't, same story as to why lol.

Oh well. I don't really think you have anything to apologize for. It's best to just stick with what you actually think the first place, I'd say.