OtakuBoards

AFI - Nicole Kidman

Brasil

OK...they just showed a clip from Moulin Rouge...

What in the hell!? What in the hell kind of singing is that ****!??! That had to be the worst dis-chord I've [i]ever[/i] heard! That movie had good music? If the rest of it is anything like Kidman and McGregor's singing in the clip, my God...

I figure I'll watch the rest of the tribute just to see what clips they show, but when I heard about Nicole Kidman being honored, I was leery to begin with. I mean, Eyes Wide Shut...Batman Forever...and the clip from Moulin Rouge really didn't impress high-caliber material.

What good movies has Nicole Kidman starred in?

Guest rttocs77
I thought she did well in [i] The Others [/i].

Also, she is an actress not a singer.

She was FANTASTIC in [i] Eyes Wide Shut [/i]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rttocs77 [/i]
[B]Also, she is an actress not a singer.[/B][/QUOTE]

As much as I don't want to get into this, considering you post vague, 3 sentence posts about movies and give little to none truly intelligent commentary, often inflating your reviews with extraneous wording in what appears to be some vain attempt to make yourself sound more intelligent than you really are...

If an actor/actress is starring in a musical, or a movie featuring heavy musical numbers, then that actor/actress is [i]required[/i] to be able to carry a tune.

Don't pull that "actress not a singer" crap with me, please. Take a long look at The Producers. Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane. They are actors but can sing beautifully. They were hired because they can perform the aspects of the roles well.

Now, you're going to post a one sentence defense of Kidman's singing, simply because "she is an actress not a singer"?

Are you serious?

Want to talk movie musicals?

Chicago.

Catherine Zeta Jones, Richard Gere, Renee Zellwegger. They're actors, aren't they? And they can [i]sing[/i].

Moulin Rouge is a movie musical. There's no way to argue against that, and one of the most important things regarding movie musicals is get actors that can sing.

Fiddler On The Roof. Topol can sing.

Oh, what's that? But Nicole Kidman isn't a singer? She's an actress? Have you ever heard Renee Zellwegger sing before Chicago? I certainly haven't. But she did spectacularly.

I re-iterate: Don't pull that "actress not a singer" crap, please.

EDIT: Oh, and improve your post quality, please. It's been bugging me for a while.

[COLOR=firebrick]I actually love Moulin Rouge, so it'll be difficult for me to be objective ~_~

I guess I was so blown away by the whole spectacle that I didn't mind about the singing not being top notch. It seemed to fit in with the rest of the scheme, clumsy and positivly naive.

That said, it [i]is[/i] a musical and [i]should[/i] be reviewed from those premises.
I've not seen "Chicago" so I can't really draw reference points, which in turn makes my statement pretty worthless....

Back to the question.
[i]Has she been in any good movies ?[/i]
Depends on what the preferences for what makes a good movie are.
"[b]Portrait of a Lady[/b]" didn't hit home with me, but is considered to be really good.

- Mimmi [/COLOR]

Guest rttocs77
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PoisonTongue [/i]
[B]As much as I don't want to get into this, considering you post vague, 3 sentence posts about movies and give little to none truly intelligent commentary, often inflating your reviews with extraneous wording in what appears to be some vain attempt to make yourself sound more intelligent than you really are...

EDIT: Oh, and improve your post quality, please. It's been bugging me for a while. [/B][/QUOTE]

Since you seem to think my post quality has been poor on quite a few occasions, I would really like you to PM me and give me each and every post and what you think makes them qualify as being of poor worth.

I stated my opinion. I don't think she was a terrible singer and she handled the drama parts better than I expected.

I loved Eyes Wide Shut, but not for Nicole Kidman for Tom Cruise.

Birthday Girl
Great movie that really you should watch it knowing nothing about it. It's a love story. And she speaks Russian through the whole movie!!!

anyway i haven't seen Chicago, but i believe Renee Zellwegger was in musical theatre. though when she was it wasn't popular.