OtakuBoards

RISK, and other awesome board games!

Artemis

FireBall Island is an awesome game, Posion Tongue!
We actually own that one...somewhere....*searches* nevermind. I know it's here, but I haven't the energy to find it.
I can't believe I left off Stratego!! We have about three copies of that game in our house, and only enought pieces to really play one of them.... *shakes head*

I've discovered another game that I really rule at: LotR Trivial Pursuit...yeah!!! We played it at a party, and ppl were pissed off at how long my turn would last...then again, most of the questions were [i]really[/i] easy...

Any other awesome games I left off?
~art~

• 11 months later...
Risk is one of my favorite board games. I agree it does take an extremely long time to play, infact, i dont think ive once finished a game.

I also love monopoly, i used to play it alot with my sister when i was younger. The only thing was, our monopoly was in spanish for some reason and so we didnt really play by the rules. We knew the basic rules but just made up our own rules with placing the houses and hotels:p

Like many people, I like to play RISK, but not that much. Long, tedious board games often lose my interest rather quickly, unless the game is particularly competitive/fun/enjoyable.

But we all know, [B]Chess[/B] is the greatest board game. It's been around waaaay longer than Monopoly, RISK, and plenty other board games. Chess's strategy element is unrivaled by RISK. And we all know that. If two good players in Chess are dukin' it out, the game is phenominal! When two newbies are playing, the game is mind-numbingly annoying. I want to scream out "TAKE THAT PIECE, AND GET HIM IN CHECKMATE!"

But enough of that.

Chutes and Ladders is a fun, relatively short game that I enjoyed when I was about four or five. I haven't really played it since, but I know that it can be [i]extremely[/i] annoying at times. Candyland rox my sox as well. But again, I haven't played it since my early, early years.

We used to play Monopoly all the time in my family. We played by our own "Free Parking" rules. All taxes, bail, and non-property related money paid to the bank instead was placed underneath the Free Parking square. Anyone who landed on Free Parking got to keep it all. Great for getting out of debt.

The thing I love about Monopoly is that it lasts [i]forever[/i]. We're all stubborn jerks in my family, so we never stopped at bankrupcy. If you landed on someone's hotel-rich property, and you didn't have enough money to pay, and all your own property was mortgaged out, you had the option of simply being in debt and paying all of your earnings to people you owed. We [i]never[/i] just finished a game. We had to wait until we were all falling asleep at 4am in the morning, pack it up, and decided that whoever had the most money at the time won.

Last Christmas, some family had come over from Florida, and we all played some Pictionary. I cannot play with these people anymore, as I felt like I was the only one on my team making any guesses.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]
First of all; I don't have a competitive bone in my body and am also very easily distracted, so I try to avoid board games like the plague. It is slightly entertaining for me to watch others play them though. The only one that I've played and actually liked is checkers, but I haven't played that in a long time.

We have a Monopoly game somewhere, although it probably has more than a few pieces missing. It was always fun to take the cute little game pieces and play with them and lose them, or stuff the Monopoly money in my purse until it was overflowing. I think I sent the "Get out of jail free" card to my dad when he was in prison.

I noticed that my mom and little brother played alot of chess during the time that the hurricanes knocked our power out for days on end this year. I suppose we would probably play more board games if we couldn't play video games or if we didn't have a computer. I have cousin's in Michigan that are avid board game players, so I'm thinking that inclement weather may also have something to do with the popularity of such games.

My boyfriend mentioned a game called 'The Study Game'. He thought he could help me study that way. I think the rules went like this: If I answered a question correctly, he would have to take off an article of clothing and if I answered it wrong, I would have to take something off...or was it the other way around?...I forget...LOL! I could see him manipulating that game all the way...or would it really be him? It was intriguing to think about mixing the sensual with the intellectual to keep someones attention.

It did give me an idea for a board game though. Kind of like a "Carnal Monopoly" for two players only. I don't know if there are any board games out there like this...but it would be fun to create your own! I wouldn't play it with anyone but my boyfriend, and I wouldn't give away my own plans for the game in a million years.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] ;)

I played Monopoly for the first time when I was twelve. I asked mom to buy me one because I saw some kids playing it. I think I liked it because it's a niftier version of the Millionaire's Game or something. I'm not sure of the title, lol.

As I grew up and became a little bit smarter I started playing Scrabble and it was, is, and will still be the best board game for me. I started with playing with my cousins then eventually, I began playing with my aunts and uncles for a challenge.

Now, I'm dying to play Literati.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]My favourite board game ever was this wild thing called MouseTrap. Basically, you go around the board and (I think) assembling this huge contraption as you go. When it finally finished, and you set it off, the coolness was through the roof.

Of the choices, though, Monopoly all the way. Even though both my Mum and brother are wildly competitive and can't take losing gracefully at all, it's still fun. Especially when I land all the big properties. ;)

I remember playing my step sister and her friend long ago, when I wasn't even 10, and she pwned me, lol. She had every $500 note, and all the properties but five. We were young and dumb, though, so we just kept playing. XP[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Alan][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]My favourite board game ever was this wild thing called MouseTrap. Basically, you go around the board and (I think) assembling this huge contraption as you go. When it finally finished, and you set it off, the coolness was through the roof.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote][size=1]Did you ever actually get that to [i]work?[/i] Because I sure didn't.

My little brother wants it for Christmas. Heh. It's really sweet, but I'm a little worried....I hate seeing him disappointed, heh, so I hope he can get it to work right.

Has anyone mentioned [b]Trouble[/b]? With the Original Pop-O-Matic? I loved that game, heh. The dice popper was off the hizzle.

stickeriffic,
Sara[/size]

[QUOTE=Lore][size=1]Did you ever actually get that to [i]work?[/i] Because I sure didn't.

My little brother wants it for Christmas. Heh. It's really sweet, but I'm a little worried....I hate seeing him disappointed, heh, so I hope he can get it to work right.[/size][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]We got it working a few times, but we had parental help when it did. For all its fun-ness, a 6 year old with as little patience as I had wasn't meant to play it without adults around to help, lol.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]