Essays of the cards

Domon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

M_D, Water cards get a [b]huge[/b] boost next set. GiGaGaGaGiGo......

Anyway, onto one of my favorite cards ever.

Marauding Captain is the single most versitlie Warrior in the game, and, IMO, the second-best level three monster in the game. Certain monster types have various common abilities between them: Spellcasters work well with magic cards, Demons screw with your opponent's monsters, Angels restore LP....

What do Warrior do? Warrior swarm. ^__^ And this guy helps out, with his ability to "drag along" any lvl 4 or lower monster from your hand.

Pros:
*Warrior-type (lots of support)
*Drag along effect
*Protection effect
*Witchable
*Sanganable
*Earth type
*Attacks under Gravity Bind
*Attacks under Messenger of Peace

Cons:
*Low stats
*Effect only works if normal summoned
*RoD pwns him-If he's Ringed, you don't get his effect

Combos:

This dude is combolicious....

*MC+Any Lvl 4= Extra beatdown (GAF, Giant Orc, Gemeni Elf, Archfiend soldier....)

*MC+ Any Beatstick + Creature Swap= Summon MC and drag along your Beatstick of choice when your opponent has, say, Jinzo out. Creature Swap Jinzo with Mc, use your BoC to destroy MC, and attack directly with Jinzo. Loose two cards, gain a two monster advantage and put a lot of smack down on your opponent.

*MC+MC= No attack situation, provide your other monsters are warriors

*MC+ Terror King Archfiend= TKA with no other Archfiends on the field

*MC+ GAF= Protection for your Goblins

*MC+ Dream Clown = Speed and protection for Clown Control

*MC+ Sazuke Samaurai = Protect the lil guy as you cut through Jars and such

*MC in Graveyard + The Warrior Returning Alive = Returns to your hand, so you can use effect again

JPN Combo: MC+Melkid = 1st turn Masked Beast Des Guardius

The list goes on and on and on....

The Captain gives you speed and field advantage, basically. There are only three situations I can think of where MC's effect won't work for you:

*Recursion: If the captain is revived and special Summoned to the field, his effect doesn't work. He'd be totally broken if it did.

*Spirit Monsters: They can't be Special Summoned, so no Yata

*Breaker: If he's special summoned, Breaker doesn't get his counter.

If you need extra attack power, use the Captain. If you need monsters for a Tribute summon, use the Captain. If you run a Warrior deck, you darn better use the Captain.

The Captain's effect is a hinderance in two aspects: It sets you up to be Dark Holed, Regekied or T-Virused, and it lowers your hand by two cards. Watch out for Yata.

On a last note, the Marauding Captain has been featured on a ton of card pictures. Let's count...

*Reinforcements of the army
*The Warrior Returning Alive
*My Body as a Shield
*An Archfiend trap card whose name escapes me; the Terror King is pounding the carp out of him
*Another trap I can't remember where he's staring down Despair from the Darkness

He gets around, huh?

Ratings:
Warrior: 5/5- Warrior Staple.
Beatdown: 4/5- His weak stats are counter-productive to beatdown, but swaring balances that out.
Clown Control: 4.5/5- Protect my Dream Clown? Yes, please.
Other: 3/5- Two for one is still pretty good.

Artwork: 5/5

[IMG]http://www.cardhaus.com/images/dcr-072.jpg[/IMG]

DCR-072
TerrorKing Archfiend

Dark/Fiend/ Lvl. 4

ATK/2000 DEF/1500

Effect: You cannont Normal Summon or Flip Summon this card unless you have an Archfiend Monster Card on your side of the field. The controller of this card pays 800 Life Points during each of his/her Standby Phases (this effect is not optional). When this card is specifically designated as a target of the effect of a card controlled by your opponent, when resolving the effect, roll a six-sided die. If the result is 2 or 5 negate the effect adn destroy the opponent's card. Also negate the effect of an Effect Monster that is destroyed by this monster in battle.

[COLOR=darkblue]Okay, can someone please say nasty beatstick?? *crickets chirp* Okay anywho, onto the next card. This bad boy was just released along with the rest of the chess pieces in Dark Crisis, and by far he is the most useful (along with ShadowKnight Archfiend,) but I digress. This card has a lot of strengths that are extremely hampered by his flaws. First off you have to have an Archfiend Monster Card on the field to even Normal Summon him, but this in turn is a good thing. Dump Kingy in the graveyard with Graceful Charity and Special Summon him back to the field, or use Cyber Jar and hope to god you get him out on that turn, and yes the Maruading Captain effect will get Kingy out fast too, now to quote Martha Stewart "Its a good thing." Another good thing about King is that he is a lvl 4 2000 beatstick with a Hades effect, I mean dear lord! First he gets the usual chess piece effect with the dice but then to have a Hades effect to smack your opponent around with is even soo much better. Another good thing about him though is the fact that you can search him out with WotBF and get him to your hand a lot faster.

Now onto his downsides, he may be the best chess piece but he can kill you as well, with the pay 800 LP requirement, course that's why Pandemonium was released, to protect your LP and spare you the annoying trouble of keeping track of how much LP you have left.

All in all I give TerrorKing Archfiend a 4.5/5. I'd give him a solid 5 if he didn't have the darn pay 800 LP cost. >__<[/COLOR]

All in all, I must say Terrorking is a scary card. It's basically a level 4 Ha Des with an atk that gets through 1900 beatsticks. "Gemini Elf? Sapphire Dragon? Puh!"

Among other archfiends, he's extremely powerful, and a 800 lp cost is certainly not that bad when many people can pay 2000 several times for Lily. Besides, you can't pay yourself to death.

Fortunately, he is hardly of any use outside archfiends decks.

Come on, don't tell me you would go through the trouble of dropping this specific monster just to revive him when you could do the same for a Despair from the Dark or Jinzo, both of which can be summoned separartely and have useful effects? You will argue that Despair is a 2 tributes, but these have been made easier, and it barely loses power in zombie decks.

As for other special summoning models, you can't get them all in a deck, and frankly, I believe most of the time, you'll curse yourself for having drawn it.

This card is 1.5 for general decks. 5 for archfiends.

[color=indigo][size=1][font=century]I'm in a hurry, so I'll make this quick and to-the-point.

In Demon decks and Archfiend decks, TKA is one bad Mamajamma.

If you just use a pair of Archfiend Soldiers, don't bother with TKA.

Now, there is one possible exception; if you use many of the following cards, you may tttempt to tech TKA into your deck:
[list][*]Marauding Captain (2)
[*]Cyber Jar
[*]Painful Choice
[*]Axe of Despair
[*]Archfiend Soldier[/list]

If you use most or all of those, TKA can be playable even without a Demon deck.

The LP payment is too trival to worry about; it's not like TKA will be around long enough to really cause problems.

I rate Terrorking Archfiend a solid three. Monsters that require their own deck usually get a two point five from me, but because Terrorking can be teched into a few other decks using the right cards, his rating goes up. Still tricky to utilize effectivly, he's a real devil on the field.[/color][/size][/font]

A lot has been said about this card, so I'm going to make this short and sweet by avoiding most (if not all) of the previously-made opinions.

Let me be the first to say that I...LOVE...CHESS! And I LOVE the fact that they finally made chess-like characters in this, my all-time favorite card game! You could only imagine how stoked I was when I heard this news, and when I found out that they also made characters based on the classic Kings and Queens (and possibly Jacks, or perhaps even more) of the playing cards we all grew up with. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about; I just forget what those Duel Monsters are called.

Anyway, onto Terrorking. Terrorking feels like he is a must in Archfiend decks, but as Domon put it, he's mostly used just as a beatstick. 2000-ATK is no laughing matter, especially when it's a Level-4 monster we're talking about. On the other hand, Archfiend Soldier is much better because he can be normal summoned, and he doesn't have any drawback effects. It shouldn't be too hard to get Terrorking onto the field, however; not if you have a deck that's swarming with Archfiends.

Then there's his other effect; the dice roll. I've played Yahtzee a while back, and let me tell you, it ain't easy to get the numbers you need! This looks like a type of deck strategy that was made primarily for Duke Develin, as well as everybody else who has extreme luck with dice rolls. Plus, your odds of getting to use this effect may be slim; Change of Heart, Creature Swap and Snatch-Steal are the primary suspects, but they're each limited (actually, I'm not sire if Creature Swap is, but it should be). I of course could be wrong here; target cards are viable around here.

Then of course there's the main drawback; you MUST pay 800 life points during your Standby Phase. This is not an option; therefore, unless you have Pandemonium or a TON of LP-gain cards, you can be your own worst enemy with this card and kill yourself by using it long enough. And it only gets worse when other Archfiends like TerrorQueen come into play. In my opinion, Imperial Order is a much better LP-cost card, because you can decide when you can no longer use it and then have it destroyed.

If I had to choose between using TerrorKing and TerrorQueen, I'd go with the Queen because she really CAN be a beatstick early enough in the game. Plus, she's a Fire-Type; it's rare in the English game that you can pack enough Fire-Types that're great in Beatdowns (the only others I can think of are the two Darkfire Soldiers and Great Agnus. Are ther more? Please let me know; I have an un-useable Molten Destruction just rotting in my library of bought cards).

So all in all, I would just use TerrorKing as collection fodder in my library, because I'd just love to get a hold of a character based on a chess piece. And who knows? Maybe if one of us is lucky enough, we can replace the normal chess pieces with the Duel Monsters they represent. ^_^ A girl can dream...

Beatdown Decks: 5-10 (too situational, too costly)
Burner Decks: 1-10 (don't bother)
Archfiend Decks: 7-10 (I'm sure you can put him to some use with enough Archfiends and the much-needed Pandemonium)
Dark Decks: 5-10
Looks: 10 (He almost looks like Summoned Skull's Daddy ^^;)

Overall: 4.5 out of 10

[color=indigo][size=1][font=century]The cards discussed thus far have generally been of two types: either really, really good cards that could go into any deck, or cards that are devistating in an obvious type of deck. I thought Id' try something a little different, and try a truely underrated and potentially devistating card. (Snodin will love this..)

Today's card: Amazon Archer.

LON-032 Amazon Archer
EARTH Warrior
Offer 2 monsters on your side of the field as a Tribute to inflict 1200 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points. Monsters used for a Tribute Summon or that are offered as Tributes due to other cards' effects are excluded
4/1400/1000

Now, most people look at her and instantly write her off, saying, correctly, that Cannon Soldier is easier to use. True, it does take more skill to use AA effectivly; after all, she requires two monsters, which is harder to come by in a duel.

However, AA has a major advantage over Cannon Soldier; she draws support from three different series of cards. Cannon Soldier gets boosted by Dark type aids and Machine aids. AA gets aids from Warrior aids, Earth aids, and Amazoness aids.

What does this mean? AA is a lot more versitile. In fact, you can build an entire deck around her and her effect, and be rather effective. Let's go over her pluses and cons...

Pros:
[list][*]Sanganable
[*]Ratable
[*]Witchable
[*][/list]Burn effect

Cons:
[list][*]Weak stats
[*][/list]Requires two monsters

Now, how can Amazon Archer be most effectivly used, in order to play on her strength and make up for her weaknesses?

First, back her up with that burner-fodder extrordinair, Scapegoat. In one turn with a single Scapegoat, Amy deals out 2400 damage. All three Scapegoat cards can effectivly end the game, should you be fortunate enough to draw them in quick sucession.

Second, her searchability: Witch and Sangan are obvious choices, but what about Giant Rat? Giant Rat would work perfectly in an Amy deck, allowing you to get her on the field more quickly.

Giant Rat, however, can summon two notable monsters, as well: Injection Fairy Lily and eXiled Force. IFL adds needed muscle to the deck, and eXiled Force is great as monster removal. Both are candidates to be comnsidered.

While we're on the subject of Earth monsters, another pair of potential monsters for an Amy deck are the Rock Spirit and Fiber Jar. Fiber gives you your Goats back, to be used yet again. The Rock Spirit can be special summoned for muscle, as well as to get more monsters on the field for Amy fodder. You probably shouldn't use both of these in the same deck, though.

On the subject of Jars, Cyber Jar is a good choice for Amy, getting more monsters on the field and goats in the hand to sacrifice.

There's one last notable Earth monster that GR can fetch in addition to Amy: Pyramid Turtle. Though that would be a bit lame, and I strong recommend against it.

To carry on, Amy's Warrior potential is almost unparalleled. she can work with the Marauding Captain, Calling Reinforcements, Fusion Sword Marasamu Blade, The wArrior Returning Alive, and others. I personally recommend Calling Reinforcements as a deck thinner, and Marauding Captain for further swarmage and protection.

If you're running Warrior support, you can also tech a few other Warriors into the deck. Good choices are Goblin Attack Force to provide muscle, and DD Warrior Lady for monster removal.

Also, this is a possibility, though I would strongly recommened testing it thorougly, if you run a pair of Captains and Cyber Jar to aid your Amazons, you could try adding a TerrorKing Archfiend; the odds that he'll be special-summoned are high with those other monsters, and once again, he provides the muscle that Amy lacks.

Finally, Amy recieves Amazon support. There are three cards that work well with any Amazons: Amazoness Spellcaster, Ammazoness Pet Tiger, Ammazoness Archers, and Dramatic Rescue.

Of the four, the Pet Tiger is definatly the most useful, providing an attack boost and temporary protection. (He's also Witchable, Ratable and Sanganable.)

Amazoness Spellcaster is the second best, providing a temporary attack boost to Amy. She can pretty much take out anything that can take her out if the need arises. A bit situational, though.

Amazoness archers and Dramatic rescue both have excellant effects...if you can pull them off. Situational? Yes. However, they are definatly worth experimenting with.

Finally, the last cards to consider: Change of Heart and Snatch steal. These guys are almost shoo-ins; they could work incredibly well in most decks, and can allow Amy to tribute opposing monsters.

Basically, Amazon Archer is a highly-searchable card with a solid effect that has tons of potential support, if you are willing to use her correctly. She can pwn in her own deck, in addition to being an obvious tech in Warrior and Earth decks.

If anyone can think of support for Amy that I've missed, please tell me.[/color][/size][/font]

Oh, yeah! Oh yeah!! OH, YEAH!!!!! X-D DeathBug, you are the man! I love you, buddy!! LOVE YOU!*

(*I'm pretty sure you're a girl, but even if you are, I still love you for this! ^^)

Okay, now everybody's gonna wanna know why I'm so excited? It's because amazon Archer is my personal favorite Monster of all!! It used to be Harpy Lady, but now it's Amazon Archer. Why the change? Allow me to explain: Harpy Lady was the poster child for female Monsters and the ultimate magnet of female fans of the show, because for the longest time, she has been the most used female monster in the anime. That's how I was drawn in, but as time had gone by I realized that just going for Harpy Lady cards made me feel cliche, like I was trying too hard to be like Mai. From then on, I have decided to look for other genres of female monsters, until at last one could be mine with a sense of originality. That monster became Amazon Archer. Yeah, I know Mai plays Amazons too, but I have yet to see her play this one.

Now let's get right to it; Amazon Archer, a Level 4, 1400-ATK/1000-DEF Earth-Warrior; offer two monsters on your side of the field as a Tribute to inflict 1200 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points. These monsters cannot be used for Tribute summoning.

It took me a long while to realize just what they meant by Tribute summoning, but after I got it, I went to town with this card. Well, I used to; I currently have a Wind-Dragon deck that has some kinks in it that need fixing. .......Yes, I said kinks. Anyway, I had to put A.A. aside, primarily because she needs a lot of backup. She fits perfectly well in a Warrior deck, and since I'm still holding onto a Marauding Captain, I might as well give it a shot one of these days. But what I'm really holding out for is two Gaia Power cards; the Rising Air current of Earth monsters. If ANYBODY has two Gaia Powers they're willing to part with, please let me know! Once I have them, A.A. is back in the spotlight for sure.

Now, let's talk about why this monster is worth playing. Obviously, she belongs in an amazon deck. Her counterparts, Amazoness Archers (or Amazon Phalanx to you poor deprived of Japanese version people), as well as Amazoness Tiger and Paladin all get bonus points/effects when A.A. is on the field. Though I'm tickled; why didn't they just keep her original name as Amazoness Archer? That would make the rulings of the above-mentioned cards much shorter! ^^ Okay, now I'm babbling.

What I really want to get off my chest is the fact that it seems that most people prefer Cannon Soldier over this chick- sorry, Amazon. I only have one Cannon Soldier and three Archers, so you can imagine how more viable A.A. is for me over the Cannon. But I can understand why most people don't think much of her; Cannon only needs one Tribute to deal his 500 damage; amazon Archer needs 2. Not an easy thing to pull off, believe me; however, there are ways around this dilemma:

-Harpy Lady + Elegant Egotist/Harpy Lady Sisters; Yes, it's a stretch, but it does give you more monsters on the field, and therefore, more Archer fodder (you could of course Tribute Amazon Archer herself and Harpy Lady so that the sisters can do their thing).

-Giant Germ; Have your opponent destroy a face-down Germ, activate its effect, and get two on the field. Walla; you now have two monsters ready to sacrifice to your Archer.

-The Ninjas in the anime; I'm talking about the ones that the fake rip-off of Jean Claude Van Damme used against Mai. It seemed to me that one of the ninjas special summons another once it's normal summoned. If it's true, and they come out in English with the same rules, then hello Archer!

-Scapegoat. Uh, could we be more obvious? As hard as it is to pull off, saccing all four goats is sp-LEN-did! It gives your opponent -2400 LP damage. 2400! Beat THAT, Cannon Soldier!

-Gravity Bind; have your opponent up against a firewall with the Bind, just so you can swarm the field with monsters, then fire away. Sure it's a lot of sacrifices, but in Burner/Stall decks, it's worth a shot.

-Cyber Jar; Risky, yes, but in the right deck and perfect situation, it can get you at least four or five monsters- one of them being a perfectly-timed Archer. You may fire when ready, my sweet.

Okay, laugh at me. I don't care! Amazon Archer has other pros too, baby: She can survive the Crush Virus (well, when it comes out), she's Witchable, Sangan-able, Giant Rattable.... That's a funny word. I'll say it again, Rattable. ^^ Oh, and she's a warrior, making her able to be brought out by monsters like Freed, spared by the Captain, and even brought back to the Graveyard after being kicked out of play with the trap Backup Soldier (at least I'm pretty sure that's its effect; feel free to correct me).

Right now, you're probably thinking I'm crazy, but just deal with me a minute longer. Amazon Archer can win duels; trust me, I know. The combo with Creature Swap and Ameoba has even worked for me, so anything is possible. But one thing is certain, Amazons at the moment don't seem to be tourney-worthy. Sure, many people try, but very few win. The best thing you can do for now is team them up with other warriors, and in Archer's case, give her the most decent Burner deck you can. You won't be disappointed.

Beatdown Decks: 2-10
Burner Decks: 6-10
Stall Decks: 7-10
Burner/Stall Decks: 9-10 (Quite possibly the best strategy for A.A. thus far)
Amazon Decks: 10
Warrior Decks: 5-10 (depending on your main strategy)
Looks: Solid 10!!!

Overall: 6.5 out of 10- This is of course my opinion; those of you who favor other monster types over this one can have your say.

...I wanna say it one more time. Rattable! ^^

[color=indigo][font=century][size=1]
[QUOTE](*I'm pretty sure you're a girl, but even if you are, I still love you for this! ^^)[/QUOTE]

I'm not a girl. ^^; Why'd you think I was a girl?

Backup Soldier can't revive monsters with effects, so it actually can't help Amy.

I'd forgotten about Amazoness Paladin. I did remember Giant Germ, but GG wants to be destroyed in battle. The two that can be special summoned will deal 2000 damage, whereas Amy will only deal 1200.

I was inspired to write my review after viewing the whole Amy/Cannon Soldier debate at another site. I realized that Amy had tons of support for a couple of sets now, and only needed the proper cards selected for her. Not every card has enough support to form an entire deck around them.
[/color][/size][/font]

Oh well, all I know is that I called somebody a guy here, and it turned out it was a girl. I forget who it was... but thanks for clearing that up.

Just so you know, I thought of another card that can help Amy (as you like to call her; personally, I like to call her Diana, but I can see where Amy fits too): Ultimate Offering. Costly, yes, but if you're trying to do as much direct damage as possible in one turn, and if you have enough monsters in your hand, you can have at least three or four monsters on the field in no time. At that point, you won't need Scapegoat. ^^

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=darkblue]Okay ladies and germs, this is a major Light monster all of us over here have been waiting for and wanting. Start your drooling! The translation goes out to Edo ~_^[/COLOR]

[img]http://www.stormpages.com/edhrzic/Yugicw44.htm[/img]

Light/Warrior/8/3000/2500
This card cannot be Normal Summoned. Remove
1 Light and Dark Main-Type Monster in your
Cemetery from the game to Special Summon this
Monster. Once during your turn, you can choose
1 of the following effects and activate it.

- Remove 1 Monster on the Field from the game.
If you activate this effect, this card cannot
attack during this turn.

- If this card destroys an opponent's Monster
as a result of Battle, this Monster can continue
attack 1 more time.
Ultra Rare / Parallel Rare / Ultimate Rare

[COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1]Okay this has got to be the best Light Type monster in creation at the current time, I mean he's a 3000 hitter, so he's on par with BEWD, but he's a BEWD with a killer effect that can nuke an Exodia deck in a heart beat. I mean the removing one monster on the field from play is sooo evil. Bye bye Sangan.. See ya later Witch Of The Black Forest.. Cyber Jar and Fiber Jar, bite me!! This is what this card basically says to all of those things. I mean who doesn't get the satisfaction of smacking around your opponent or removing their major staple searchers, resetters, or monster removal cards from play?

Okay enough of my ranting about those good qualities, now we get to the meat of what's wrong with this seemingly flawless bad boy. First off, he's not searchable by you're own WotBF, secondly you have to remove a Light and Dark monster from play to even get him out onto the field sucessfully (NOTE: Once summoned like the way he should be, if sent to the graveyard you can revive this card with all the major Recursors, unlike Beserk Dragon.) But he is revivable. But also the downside of his first effect is that he can't attack after removing the monster from play T_T;;; I mean yes that's good that you can nuke one of your opponent's monsters from the field but then next turn they can just set another monster down. Of course that's why you just swarm.

Okay, all in all I have to give Chaos Soldier-Messenger Of Creation a solid 4.9/5 for decks. Just the little boo boos of the unsearchability and 1st effect hold him back from a solid five.

All of ya Light users or Warrior users a word to the wise. GET THIS CARD A.S.A.P!!! He's gonna be majorly wanted and used!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

I think he is good and all but IMO he pales next to CED. I mean CED comes on the field and basically launches a nuke, whereas this guy takes a little more finesse to use. If you could set this up right to swarm, then CS is awesome. I don't have much time now so I will drop a rating 4.5/5.

Guest Asheron
He's broken but not as much as CED. I think JP players are better suited for using the Chaos mons since we've been using them a lot longer, but only because the American game only has A-Gift, Hand O, and D-Choice is its only discard forces. Maybe Metamorph Pot, if you're into givin up your staples.

[color=indigo][font=century][size=1]JP players have had more experience with everything, obviously. They should be able to work wonders with a Skull Servant...

I like Chaos soldier better than his Dragonic counterpart, and I'll tell you why.

Good hand management is one of the most basic, yet hard to understand concepts in Yu-Gi-Oh. You keep good cards in your hand to use when you're in trouble. The ability to successfully manage your hand is what seperates the Kaibas from the Mokubas.

CED throws all of this right out the window, and punnishes your opponent for saving good cards and keeping a large hand. This is counter-productive to every good YGO strategy, and it's why I don't like the card.

On the other hand, CS encourages more skilled play. His first ability is his most impressive. An infinite Nobleman of Crossout is very impressive, and game-breaking. To use him most effectivly, you've got to keep him alive as much as possible.

Remove a monster, then summon another monster to attack the opponent directly. Unlike CED, who destroys himself (and your own hand), Chaos Soldier can survive for several turns to make life difficult for your opponent.

What kind of deck can he fit into? Ideally, his own. My attempts to proxy-tech him into a light deck were less-than-astounding, mostly because he's not searchable; you can't get him other than topdeck.

Now, there's no shortage of good Dark monsters, but what are the best Light monsters to use for CS?

First, Thunder Dragon, simply by his effect; draw one, and that's an automatic two light monsters in the Graveyard. The doiwnside of that strategy is that you're left with a rather useless Thunder Dragon in your hand. You might consider packing a Polymerization or Fusion Gate, just to get a strong hitter (Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon) out of the deal. That's three Light monsters right there, plus eventually a fourth.

Another potential monster is Shining Angel. summon Shining Angel, and ram him into an opposing Donny Z or T-Virus. He dies, and you summon another Shining Angel. Repeat as neccessary. The obvious downside to this is that you're going to take various amounts of LP damage.

DD Warrior Lady is an okay monster if you run her in threes, but if her effect actually gets used, she's dead weight. Reflect Bounder is pretty nifty, as is Thunder Nyan Nyan; you wopn't care if they're desytroyed by their effects.

CS is a great monster, but he requires his own deck and a great amount of skill and planning to be used to his maximum potential.

Rating: 4.7/5[/color][/font][/size]

Actually, your main aim with a CED will always be to get a OTK by having a witch or sangan on the field and then searching for Yata, but I'm pretty sure you knew that already?

Also, all these methods you just listed that do work admirably with Chaos Soldier will also apply magnificently to Chaos Emperor Dragon.

Whatever you say, the fact that CED can be used for a OTK will always give him a slight edge.

DeathBug, I'd like to correct you about Thunder Dragon's effect. You do not discard two to get one; you've got it backwards. Thunder Dragon's effect would give you ONE Light monster in the grave, and two in your hand. Sorry; I just had to say that...

Anyway, if we're going to talk about one Chaos Monster, we might as well talk about them both (or all three, if you count Chaos Black Magician). Chaos Soldier is cool; given the ability to attack twice with a 3000-attacking monster is nothing to skawk at. However, I would have to say that Chaos Emperor Dragon is by far THE most deadly monster to go up against. Trust me, I HAVE gone up against it, just last night. A friend of mine was lucky enough to get the new Japanese booster tin by pre-order, and let me tell you, CED's effect doesn't just give your opponent an easy Yata-lock. The fact that your opponent is dealt 300 damage for EVERY SINGLE CARD THAT WAS TOSSED TO THE GRAVEYARD TO ITS EFFECT, INCLUDING YOUR OWN CARDS is a possible one-turn win! I'm telling you, they should not have put that effect in there, it is just too deadly.

Not that CED is impossible to defeat, mind you. Card control owns him; all you have to do is get a card like Card Destruction, and wait for your opponent to draw CED or CS. Then, throw this baby out, and CED/CS are gone. See ya later. Sayonara. Also, the Ring of Destruction/Barrel Behind the Door combo will make your opponent think twice about using CED's effect. It's like this: Your opponent gets CED, and right before he or she activates its effect, you activate D-Ring and Barrel. It destroys CED, and your opponent takes 6000 LP damage. Now, your opponent would have the chance to activate the effect, but only if they're willing to take their LP down to a measely 1000. I don't think anybody would be that crazy, unless they have Sangan and Witch on the field. Hey, who would be crazy enough to LET them have Sangan or Witch on the field?? O_O

I think I've spoken my peace: I give the Chaos monsters a solid 10; playable, but deadly enough for many people to despise their existence.

I couldn't get the picture to come up again so here is the link to my card.
[url]http://www.stormpages.com/edhrzic/Yugicw46.htm[/url]
Sixth Sense
VB6-003
SIXTH SENSE
Normal Trap
State two numbers, from 1 to 6. Your
opponent rolls one six-sided die, and
if the roll is either of the stated
numbers, draw that many cards. If not,
put a number of cards from the top of your
deck into your Cemetery equal to the die roll.
Ultra Rare

This card is awesome. If used properly this card is used right there is a possibility it could be the new PoG. For one, it can be used in Chaos Decks to get the cards into the graveyard to special summon them. All in all I give this card a 4/5. What do you think?

[color=indigo][font=century][size=1]
[QUOTE]Actually, your main aim with a CED will always be to get a OTK by having a witch or sangan on the field and then searching for Yata, but I'm pretty sure you knew that already?

Also, all these methods you just listed that do work admirably with Chaos Soldier will also apply magnificently to Chaos Emperor Dragon.[/QUOTE]

Well, yep. ^__^ But this really wasn't about CED, and I didn't want to diverge more than I had.

[QUOTE]Whatever you say, the fact that CED can be used for a OTK will always give him a slight edge.[/QUOTE]

I know CED has the edge, but he's still a bad monster. He punishes your opponent for good hand-management, which goes against every single impulse the game is supposed to teach.

[QUOTE]DeathBug, I'd like to correct you about Thunder Dragon's effect. You do not discard two to get one; you've got it backwards. Thunder Dragon's effect would give you ONE Light monster in the grave, and two in your hand. Sorry; I just had to say that...[/QUOTE]

You're half-right; Thunder Dragon's text says that you discard it to the graveyard to summon [b]up to[/b] two other TD's from your hand. If you have on, you can discard him for only one other TD. Then, you discard your second TD to get the final one in your hand. ^__^

Anyway, onto Sixth Sense. Not much to say, actually; it has the potential to make or break your hand.

Here's a tip: Always call Five and Six. Then, the most you'll have to discard to it's effect is four cards.

Did I mention it's chainable? The best way to use it is to set it and wait for your opponent to destroy it. Activate it chained to their card, so, at the very least, your opponent wasted a M/T destruction card.

Rating: 4.5/5[/color][/font][/size]

[color=indigo][font=century][size=1]Sorry for the double-post, Solo, but I can't attach a pic to a post while editing it. ^^;

Today's card is one I'm looking forward to, and is known as the [b]Swift Black Ninja[/b]. However, when it crosses the other pond, it'll be called [b]Strike Ninja[/b]. (This is one of those times I actually like the dub name better than the original, but that's personal preference.)

Translation courtesy of [url=http://www.stormpages.com/edhrzic/Yugioh.htm]Edo[/url]:

[i]SWIFT BLACK NINJA
Dark/Warrior/4/1700/1200
You can remove 2 Dark Main-Type Monsters in your Cemetery from
the game to remove this card from the game until the End Phase of
this turn. You can also use this effect during your opponent's
turn. You can use this effect only once per turn.[/i]

Anime History: The Strike Ninja was first used in an entirely different game: Dungeon Dice Monsters. Yugi summoned this dude in his duel against Duke Devlin. The Ninja was destroyed, but Yugi was victorious anyway because, well, he's Yugi. The Strike Ninja appeared more recently as Duke Devlin's deck master in his three-on-one duel against the robotic Big 3, Nesbitt.

Well, first let's check those stats; he's Witchable, and that's about it. He lack in brute force, but attack isn't everything in this case. He's a Warrior (^__^), so he's searchable under Reinforcements of the Army, as well as Freed the Matchless General. He's a level four, so no tributes are rquired. In other words, he's easy to get out.

His effect is what makes him formiddable; it's somewhat analegous to V-Lord's recursion ability. The reason V-Lord is such an annoying blighter isn't his discard effect, it's because he keeps coming back. So does this guy, but in a different manner.

Strike Ninja's ability can be used on your opponent's turn, making it Spell Speed 2. What does this mean, practically? He can chain his effect to magic cards (Dark Hole, Regeki), attacks, traps (D-Ring, Mirror Force), and monster effects (X-Force, Man-Eater Bug, T-Virus). The fact that he can vanish on your opponent's turn is what makes him useful.

The downside to his effect, aside from the cost (Which I'll cover later) is that if the Ninja is the only monster on your side of the field, you're SOL, being open for a direct attack. However, you'll have a monster next turn, which is better than nothing. You could tribute it for Jinzo or V-Lord, etc, or just nail a weaker monster.

The thing to remember is that he's Spell Speed 2, which means, while he can chain to traps, he's screwed if a trap chains to him.

Example: Your opponent has two traps on the field. You summon the Strike Ninja and attack. One of the traps was Mirror Force, and your opponent activates it. You remove two Dark monsters from play and activate your Ninja's effect. Your opponent chain his other trap, Destruction Ring, to him. Yeah, your Ninja's toast.

However, in that instance, you'd actually be in a stronger position, because your opponent just used two cards to get rid of one. ^__^

Now, the cost of the Ninja's effect seems steep, no? Well, some good Dark-type monsters to feed him with include Kuriboh, Breaker the Magical Warrior, Cyber Jar, Hades and dark beatsticks. Most of those are 1-time use critters anyway. You usually don't want to feed him with Jinzo, the searchers, or other monsters that you can revive and reuse.

Now, there's another set of monsters that are practically begging to be used in conjunction with Strike Ninja: The Dimensional Scouting Machines. (Ten bucks say they'll be renamed "DD Scouting Machines") I an't take credit for this combo; that'd be [url=http://www.pojo.com/yu-gi-oh/FeaturedWriters/DM7FGD/index.shtml]DM7FGD[/url].

[i]DIMENSIONAL SCOUTER MACHINE
Dark/Machine/2/800/1200
If this card is removed from the game, Special Summon this card
to your Field in face-up attack mode during the End Phase of that
turn.[/i] ([url=http://www.stormpages.com/edhrzic/Yugioh.htm]Edo[/url] again.)

Obviously, drop these guys in your graveyard, and use Strike Ninja's ability whenever you need to. Then, when it's over, you'll have three monsters on your side of the field come the end of the turn.

The weak link in this plan is constantly dropping the Machines in the grave, but that's not really a problem; there are multiple ways our opponent will kill them, and if they don't, they're leaving themselves open to future attacks, or worse, tribute fodder.

Now, there's on more thing that makes the Strike Ninja cool: he can chain to the Chaos Emporor Dragon's effect. That's right, your opponent may nuke the field, but you know you'll have a monster on your side next turn for a direct attack. (If you use the Scouters, you'll have three.)

Strike Ninja is a great monster if used effectivly. I plan to tech him and the Scouters into my Warrior deck. Oh, and the pic is awesome. ^__^

Overall rating: 4/5 (Strong, but requires support)[/color][/font][/size]