OtakuBoards

Geek Got Game

Brasil

I had the idea for this yesterday. It's still in the formulative stages, but the fundamental design is pretty much set. It's an homage to the Alien posters, but also an advertisement for a new club I founded here on OB, the G3 Force (GeekGotGame).

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=527862[/img]

I'll have you know that I saw this while I was coughing and then I had a laughing fit. Thanks a lot lol.

Great picture, though - very funny stuff. I still remember those Alien posters quite well, heh. The guy in the picture is more of an extreme geek, though; I know I don't look like that :p

And it looks to me like he's opening an XBox controller, so I'm guessing he's one of your friends. lol

[COLOR=firebrick]Well, after looking at the original poster[size=1] (which compared to yours, comes off as rather cute in comparison)[/size] I can actually elaborate on my comment : )

The icky neongreen is spot on, but it could do with some toning down in the middle... slightly.
It sort of stings in the eyes, which doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing ^_^

For some reason I think of "The Blair Witch Project" (though I don't know why, I've never seen it... unless you count the trailer). It's material for a scary movie [i]*nods*[/i]

Here are some superlatives: [b]preposterously clever, extraordinary design, tremendously funny[/b]

My dictionary doesn't have any more words....

- Mimmi[/COLOR]

[COLOR=chocolate]PS: These comments are in no way meant to offend the posterboy. He is a very pretty posterboy and should have a brilliant future ahead of him.
The End.[/COLOR]

In keeping with the GeeksGotGame idea, I just had some fun with Photoshop, creating this nifty banner. The filters, renders, and lighting effects in Photoshop can create some very cool stuff.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=529073[/img]

Post the one with the circle in it, damn you!!! Post it, I compell you! -compells-

You know, when you're the one looking over the dude's shoulder as he's creating the banner, it's so hard to post replies to these things and not have them come out as spam... >_<