OtakuBoards

Brave Fencer Musashiden: Thirstquencher's Revenge [PG13]

PiroMunkie

[size=1][color=crimson][b]Kamikasai:[/b][/color] It's a Hero's idiom to give better comfort to women. It was no problem at all.

[i]Kamikasai then became a bit distracted watching Melon undo the braids in her hair. This was obviously something she had been doing for quite some time. Her fingers worked quickly and flawlessly. He found it surprising that she was a Wizard and not a Thief, or at least a "Hero." Her manual dexterity must be rather high ... Though, it is more so a motion of wiggling the fingers, so maybe it was more fitting she be a Wizard. Kamikasai shrugged it off in his mind as he slowly came to be aware of a voice repeating his name.[/i]

[color=green][b]Melon:[/b][/color] Kamikasai? ... Hello, anyone there ... ?

[i]Kamikasai snapped into attention, realizing he had spaced off a bit and completely become unaware of his surroundings. He bowed his head sheepishly.[/i]

[color=crimson][b]Kamikasai:[/b][/color] Sorry ... What was it you were saying?

[i]Melon tried to conceal a small giggle before responding.[/i]

[color=green][b]Melon:[/b][/color] I just wanted to tell you "Good night" before I settled into bed.

[color=crimson][b]Kamikasai:[/b][/color] Oh ... heh.

[i]Kamikasai smiled at the corner of his mouth. He was still a bit embarassed about earlier.[/i]

[color=crimson][b]Kamikasai:[/b][/color] Good night ...

[i]Melon acknowledgingly smiled and walked off carefully trying not to bump into or step on any one while she went back to the bed to continue unbraiding her hair. Kamikasai just blankly watched, not even noticing Raso moving up beside him.[/i]

[color=darkred][b]Raso:[/b][/color] "a Hero's idiom," [i][he laughed][/i] nice cover-story.

[i]Kamikasai snapped his attention to Raso in both surprise and curiosity.[/i]

[color=crimson][b]Kamikasai:[/b][/color] What are you talking about?

[color=darkred][b]Raso:[/b][/color] Oh, come on, you better be more focused on Thirstquencher than you are on her, or else our quest will be in vain.

[i]Raso then maneuvered himself off a bit leaving Kamikasai to himself. He was still wondering what the heck Raso was talking about. The only reason he was even here in Grillin Village was to take down the Thirstquencher Empire. It was the only way he could get himself back home ... wherever that is. Kamikasai knew everyone he has brought along could die-- ... Everyone he has gathered could die.

A wave of melancholy came over Kamikasai as he took a corner of the room and sunk down into it with his knees up and his arms folded across them. He bowed his head down resting it on his arms as he began contemplating his journey once more. Before he came to be too deep in thought, he heard Raso speaking to everyone.[/i]

[color=darkred][b]Raso:[/b][/color] It's currently 9:53, lights are going out at 10:15. Sleep whenever you feel like it but keep quiet after the lights are off. I imagine we'll wake up around 8:00, so keep that in mind.

[i]Kamikasai sighed to himself. It was good to have a solid, experienced connection within the village. Not only did people know and trust Raso, but Kamikasai trusted his judgement on scheduling everyone as well.[/i][/size]

Zephir walked into the bathroom and dampened a cloth to wash his bite. He's been stung, torn, and hypnotized by many creatures in the forest, and this was no different. He got to work, rubbing the wound with the washcloth.

Eventually, the swelling went down and the itching would soon stop as well. He put down the cloth and walked into the crowded room. He sat down on his blanket and took out the tarantula.

[COLOR=teal][B]Zephir:[/B][/COLOR] Well then, if lights go off soon, i better start preparing tomorrow's spells.

He took the tarantula out of the jar and let it crawl around on his arm, making sure it didn't go into his sleeve. He started to glow in a tealish aura as he started chanting a cantation in a low voice.

[I][COLOR=teal]"Tarain chronos supar vertice, crowlar dinar satain..."[/COLOR][/I]

Over and over, he continued the chant for 10 minutes. He picked up the now glowing tarantula and put him back into the jar. He felt a bit drained, but he continued on to his next spell. He did not notice the few people staring at him in the room...

[size=1][b]Meanwhile ... at the entrance to Hell's Valley ...[/b]

[i]Emperor R. Senic watched as a large group of Thristquencher soldiers march down the path covering it from side to side. A third of them were armed with a sword, another third were armed with a lance, and the last third were armed with a bincho gun. A smirk moved over his lips. He would like to see the little brat who claimed to be a Hero get through this.

However, then he remembered Musashiden easily plowed through his troops when they attacked the Allucaneet Palace the while ago ... and the Force did seemed a bit concerned about this new kid. Senic's smirk turned to disgust when thinking about his troops being leveled again.

The troops arrived just in front of Senic, awaiting instruction. He moved right up next to one and looked at him with that same disgusted look.[/i]

[color=purple][b]Senic:[/b][/color] You, and you only: Go pull the dozen soldiers that patrol Grillin Village out, and bring them here. I want them on the inside of this prison should the runts happen to get through all of you. They will provide as a distraction for the Reincarnation they will come upon.

[color=indigo][b]Soldier:[/b][/color] It will be done, sir. Though, I doubt any children will be able to break our defense.

[i]Senic spit to the side, and angrily looked back at the soldier.[/i]

[color=purple][b]Senic:[/b][/color] Do not doubt the judgement of he who has made us so prosperous. If the Force believes it can happen, then so do I and so do all of you. No go!

[i]The soldier turned around without further comment, in fear of being discharged from the army, and headed his way towards Grillin Village, which was not very far at all. Senic backed up from the troops and gave his orders.[/i]

[color=purple][b]Senic:[/b][/color] Guns, I want you up top by the switches that open this stone gate! Swords, you will be in the back by the gate! Lances, I want you up front! If and when they come, no one shall attack until they make the first move. They might turn their little tails and run, but if they mean business then show them you do, too!

[i]Senic then watched as those Soldiers armed with Bincho guns climbed the walls of the path to Hell's Valley and took position around the four switches (two on each side) that open the gate to Hell's Valley if pressed simultaneously. Senic nodded to them, and one from each group stepped down upon the switch. After a moment, the crude, stone doors began to slide open with a rumble. Dust was in clouds, creeping along the ground. As soon as there was space to walk through, Senic entered and spoke as he did.[/i]

[color=purple][b]Senic:[/b][/color] When the Grillin troops get here, let them in.

[i]With that, he passed beyond the doors. The guards who were holding the switches down let up on them, and the doors closed.[/i]

[b]Meanwhile ... back at the Grillin Village Inn ...[/b]

[color=darkred][b]Raso:[/b][/color] Lights out! We are waking up around 8:00.

[i]Raso put out the several covered torches that lit of the room one by one. Before the room was complete darkness a figure moved over towards Kamikasai from not far to the side and sat next to him.[/i]

[color=firebrick][b]Ruben:[/b][/color] Hey ... you awake?

[i]Kamikasai lifted his head and looked over at a boy. This guy was older than him, definitely, and dressed in all black. This made him a bit difficult to see when the last torch was put out. They both now had to speak in a whisper.[/i]

[color=crimson][b]Kamikasai:[/b][/color] Who are you?

[color=firebrick][b]Ruben:[/b][/color] My name is Ruben. I'm a thief.

[i]Kamikasai put his head back in his arms and spoke a bit louder in a whisper.[/i]

[color=crimson][b]Kamikasai:[/b][/color] What do you want?

[color=firebrick][b]Ruben:[/b][/color] Are you for real? I mean, taking on the Thirstquencher Empire ... ?!

[i]Ruben waited in silence for a response from Kamikasai, but nothing was ever said, nor did he move to even acknowledge he had heard what Ruben said. Ruben sighed internally and stood up, moving carefully to the closed shutters. He flipped open the latch and opened them to look outside. The room brightened a bit as moonlight poured inside.

Just then a low rumble could be heard from a distance, and a slight tremor of the ground came along with it. Kamikasai's head shot up, as did the rest of his body and he moved quickly over to the window. Everyone in the room had heard and felt this. Kamikasai moved next to Ruben and looked up at the clear, starry sky.[/i]

[color=crimson][b]Kamikasai:[/b][/color] There are no storm clouds ... that couldn't have been thunder ...

[i]Everyone in the room was intensely looking toward the two boys looking out the window. There was no cause for that sound that could be seen. Just before Kamikasai was about to move from the window, Ruben gave him a small smack on the arm to get his attention.[/i]

[color=firebrick][b]Ruben:[/b][/color] Look!

[i]Kamikasai moved back in front of the window where Ruben was pointing down at something. Kamikasai followed the tip of his finger to the path below where several of the Thirstquencher soldiers who patrolled the village were heading together toward the Twinpeak Mountain entrance.[/i]

[color=firebrick][b]Ruben:[/b][/color] They're being pulled out of the village ...

[i]While a small smile came upon the faces of everyone who heard that in relief that the village was finally free of the the Thirstquencher guards for a while, Kamikasai felt a wrenching in his gut. He knew this could not be a good sign.[/i]

[color=crimson][b]Kamikasai:[/b][/color] They know we're here.

[i]The room grew deathly silent, but Ruben was shocked.[/i]

[color=firebrick][b]Ruben:[/b][/color] What do you mean "they know we're here?" Why don't they come and arrest all of us then?!

[color=crimson][b]Kamikasai:[/b][/color] Chances are they know of my presence in particular from my announcement on the fountain earlier. They must have reported to those who rule the Empire ... They are taking precautions. If I am who they think I am, they know twelve soldiers would not be enough to arrest all of us. It would be the ten of us, one who is supposedly a true Hero, against the twelve of them. It would not be much of a fair fight. They know they would lose ...

[i]The atmosphere of the room grew a bit more comfortable after that. Perhaps having this new kid with them could really be beneficial after all. It was keeping Thirstquencher away from them. However, a slight touch of fear still rested. The fact still remained that their quest was no longer a surprise to the Thirstquencher Empire. They were preparing a defense.

Raso lit one of the torches again to give the room a bit more light. It was dim, but it was still night time so that was all that was needed.[/i]

[color=darkred][b]Raso:[/b][/color] Perhaps sleep will be a bit difficult for us this night. That's okay, we can all take a Mint in the morning if need be. If you can sleep, by all means do. Though, I know some of us will not get such a pleasure ...

[i]Raso glanced across the room at Kamikasai who made eye contact with him as well. Another low rubmling sound was heard, with the same tremor in the ground.

Kamikasai sighed to himself. The atmosphere in the room was sharp and uncomfortable again. He moved back to his corner and stood against it. His eye were open, just staring blankly ...[/i][/size]

Ruben was worried. Kamikasai hadn't answered his question. Was he worried about attacking the Thirstquencher empire? Having doubts? And what was that rumbling? Could it be... no. They wouldn't.

He wandered back across the room to his corner, accidentally stepping on someone.

"Watch it!"

"Yeah, sorry, sorry"

Eventually he made it back to his packs. Settling into a comfortable position, he closed his eyes and tried to fall asleep. But he couldn't. The low murmur of voices kept him awake. Or was it the thoughts racing through his mind? Or ... heck, it was getting muggy in here. Too hot. Too cramped.

Ruben got to his feet and draped a blanket around his shoulders. Creeping stealthily along the edges of the room, he surrenderd to the Theif within. And caught himself about to steal a lovely silver watch on the ground. Moving past it, he crept out of the room and padded down the hall on silent feet. Carefully pushing open the shutters at the end of the hall Ruben dropped to the ground. He closed the shutters to. Heading to the edge of Grillin Village, he climbed into a tree. Reclining in the forks, Ruben could already feel his eyes drooping....

He'd have to sneak back in before first light though.

[size=1][i]Like many others, after the sudden thudding that started up outside, Melon had a difficult time trying to fall asleep. She was very much aware of the stuffiness, and the tension that seemed to continually build as the minutes slowly ticked by. [b]Slowly[/b], she was going insane. And she was certain that if that didn't kill her, than Pooka would, because she just couldn't lay still.

Sighing, trying her best to be quiet about it, she pushed herself off her stomach and glanced blearily out the window, now that it was open once again. The moonlit night was pretty, but the rumbling sounds and the knowledge that the Thirstquencher guards were already onto them kind of ruined the moment.

She turned her eyes away from the outside world and onto her companions, glancing to see who was still up and frustrated as she was, and who had somehow managed to doze off (the lucky jerks). From what she could see, though, not many had been lucky enough to do so. For those on the other side of the room, it was just too dark and shadowy to tell, despite the moonlight from the window.

Deciding that it was just too warm there on the bed, she carefully crawled off the end of it and made her way to the window, being ridiculously careful about where she stepped. Clumsy as she was, one wrong move could be disasterous, and she certainly didn't want to disturb those who actually could get sleep. Thankfully she made it there unscathed, smoothed down her robe, and then leaned forward on her elbows as she watched the scene below.

She couldn't really see anymore guards, and the streets were relatively empty. But she still felt a bit nervous because of them, which meant for her that sleep was a long way off. Chewing on the ends of her hair, a bit flustered, she shuffled some on her feet before directing her gaze over the buildings of the town towards the hills in the distance. Her mind wandered then and her eyes glazed over as she thought about the days ahead. Melon only snapped out of it when she heard somebody groan in frustration, turning over in their bedding. It made her smile a bit at her own silly habits, despite the other person's unfortunate situation. At least she never ceased in amusing herself.

Blinking, trying to clear her head, she glanced over her shoulder back towards the room, before turning her rest of her body to follow. It seemed a bit cooler by the window, and after a few more minutes of just.. standing there, she decided she might sit instead. It was a change of pace. So she did, and folded her legs up against her chest, hugging them as she set her chin on her knees.

Eventually she started humming softly. It was nearly inaudible at first, but gradually it turned into a whisper. She didn't dare make it any louder, and at every note she expected somebody to throw something at her. But she found that she was soothed by it, at least, and hoped that maybe the others might be helped by it, as well. At least a few of them might sleep, if they all couldn't.[/i][/size]

[size=1][i]Kamikasai's eyes fluttered open as he still stood in the corner. He looked around the room curiously. Most of the people it seemed had fallen asleep. Of course, he was not sure for how long ... he was not even sure how long he, himself, had been asleep. From the feel of his body, it could not have been any more than hour or so.

A rustling sound of movement caught his attention. He turned his head to the bed where Pooka was squirming under the sheets, still asleep, but it seemed as though she was fighting something, as though she was dreaming. Though, there was something else about the bed that seemed peculiar to him. He had said Melon and Pooka could sleep in it, but Pooka was the only one there. Kamikasai raised an eyebrow and started looking slowly around the room at each person, trying to get an identity off of them. Soon enough, though, Kamikasai saw a slight golden glow on the floor; the sun was beginning to rise. He followed the light to the window, where there was a smaller casted shadow on the floor from someone sitting just below the window.

Kamikasai looked closer. It was hard to distinguish color, because they were in shadow, but he could see light, wavy hair. He could only assume it was Melon; her hair being wavy from being in all those individual braids. She had herself tucked into a little ball. He worried a bit she might be a little cold being right under the window, but he had no blanket to put over her anyway. However, he hoped he close position with herself would keep her warm, as well as the heat from the sun which would become more apparent as it would raise higher in the sky.

Kamikasai sighed as he took another glance around the room. He seemed to be the only one awake so far. Others were either scattered about the floor, or sitting in one of the few chairs provided in the room. In any case, he was tired of just standing in the corner. Kamikasai moved about the room, stepping as silently and carefully as he could. He found an empty area at the foot of the bed, and he sat down leaning up against it with his legs straight out. He did not plan on sleeping, but he closed his eyes to at least rest a bit.[/i][/size]

[size=1][i]Eventually, the warmth of the sun through the window caused Melon to stirr. While the spot had been ideal during the night, when she needed the coolness that drifted in, it was now a target for the sun's rays. And after a moment of sleepy musings, she was beginning to suspect that she might be cooked alive if she stayed put.

Blinking her eyes open, wiping away the sleep, she glanced about the room. It seemed to her that everyone else was still sleeping, and like she did, many had moved sometime during the night to cooler spots. Stifling a yawn, she stretched her arms out wide before pushing herself off the ground slowly. Melon wavered a bit on her feet, and she waited for herself to adapt to awakeness before moving again. As she had the night before, she stepped carefully over tangled sheets and legs, her eyes on the ground rather than in front of her. So she definitely missed the fact that somebody's legs were stretched out in front of her. Before she knew it, she tripped over the unseen obstacle and landed with resounding thud on her front side.[/i]

[color=green][b]Melon:[/b][/color] Oof! ....oh, blast it.

[i]Behind her, Kamikasai jumped up, almost losing his balance - her ankles were still dangling rather conspicously over his. However, his agility was immaculate compared to hers, and the next thing she knew he was knealing next to her, speaking frantically.[/i]

[color=crimson][b]Kamikasai:[/b][/color] Melon, I'm so sorry, are you all right? You didn't hurt yourself, did you? Can you get up? Melon, do you--

[i]She pushed herself to her knees then, and he abruptly stopped as she peered at him curiously, and then to her hand.[/i]

[color=green][b]Melon:[/b][/color] Look! I found my watch! [[i]There was a pause, before she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.[/i]] ....When did I [i]lose[/i] it?

[i]It dangled from her hand, glinting merrily in the sunlight. They both blinked at it a little longer than was necessary, before Melon sat back, tucking the watch away. Kamikasai coughed a bit, and then stood, offering her his hand.[/i]

[color=crimson][b]Kamikasai:[/b][/color] Uh, so... you're okay, then?

[i]Melon took his hand graciously, giving him a bright smile as she hopped up.[/i]

[color=green][b]Melon:[/b][/color] Of course. I'm used to falling. Sadly.[/size]

Zephir arose from his meditation. He didn't need to sleep after laying out in the dirt for maybe six hours. He took a glance over at the spells he prepared the night before. The tarantula, and the smoke bomb. Of course he also prepared his missle.

He got up and stretched his arms. It was time again like he always did, find a river and bathe. This time, though, he knew there was one close to the village.

He noticed he was not the only one up at the crack of dawn. Kamikasai and Melon were standing near the window. He made a quiet chuckle to himself seeing them together, and made his way to the door. Apparently, more was involved besides taking down an empire...

Ruben awoke as the first ray of sunlight peeped over the horizon. Ruben stirred, and let out a little yelp as he felt a crick in his neck. Sleeping up in trees was never particlarly good for your body,but at least he had gotten to sleep. Tying the blanket arond his arm, Ruben dropped down from the tree to land lightly on the dew drenched glass. He gasped as the cold dew wet his feet. Damn, that was almost frozen. Skirting around the edges of the town, Ruben found his way back to the Inn without being spotted. Finding the pair of shutters he had escaped from last night, he opened them and was about to climb in when he remembered his feet- if he just climbed straight in he would leave wet trails all over the oaken floors. He hoisted himself up to the window sill and sat on it, drying his feet. Eventually he was just sitting there, watching the sun rise. Someone tapped him on the shoulder and Ruben let out a yelp as he overbalanced with fright to fall backwards [i]into[/i] the hall.

'Oh geez, I am so sorry' said the person from behind Ruben.

'Yeah yeah' muttered Ruben as he got to his feet. 'Don't worry about it'.

[Who will this be?]

[B][COLOR=teal]Zephir:[/COLOR][/B] It seems someone got frightened by a small fry.

[B][COLOR=darkred]Ruben:[/COLOR][/B] Yeah, whatever, and you didn't frighten me...[SIZE=1]much...[/SIZE] I'm just a little cold from last night.

[B][COLOR=teal]Zephir:[/COLOR][/B] Alright, alright, but i wonder why you were sleeping outside?

Ruben looked to the window, then look to the ground where he made tracks.

[B][COLOR=darkred]Ruben:[/COLOR][/B] Heh, couldn't get back to sleep. Where are you off to?

[B][COLOR=teal]Zephir:[/COLOR][/B] Out to the river for a Saturday morning bath. Be seeing ya.

[B][COLOR=darkred]Ruben:[/COLOR][/B] Alright...

Zephir made his way around the still sleeping people and went out the door. Soon, he was out of the inn and dashing for the forest...

Cane lay on the floor still, snoring softly. He was laying on his stomach, with his shield over upper neck and back. The slightly sheltered feel was comforting on some obscure level os his being. His sword lay inches in between him and the bed, with inches between it, the bed, and his hand.

Pooka awoke with an adorable little yawn and rubbed her eyes. She looked about the room and saw that several people were already up and about. She carefully stepped off of the bed, and then turned to grab her sword. Unfortunately, she had stepped between Cane's legs and upon turning, caught her foon on them and tripped.

"Hey..." murmured Cane sleepily. "Get.....off *yawn* of me..."

Pooka make a little face and stood up. Grabbing the handle of her sword, she slowly dragged it across the bed. With one final tug the sword fell off of the bed and onto Cane's shield. There was a great WHOOSH as the weight of Pooka's sword drove all teh air out of Cane's lungs. Now fully awake, Cane turned over and began gulping down air. Pooka primly walked away, carving the floor as she went.

"That.....wasn't........very...nice." Cane croaked.

Pooka stuck out her tongue and stepped out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I didn't post in so long. :p

Judging by the decibel level of Cane's snoring, some people obviously hadn't had trouble sleeping. Pooka was one of those people. Her night's sleep had been delectable, particularly since she'd ended up sprawled across the entire bed -- she hoped she hadn't been the [i]reason[/i] Melon had left the bed, but she did appreciate it.

She walked down the stairs primly, nearly unaware of the loud thudding noises her sword was making as it thumped down the stairs, probably waking up everybody else in the inn -- she was far too used to it to really notice it. She stepped out into the bright light of day a moment later, after giving a bright and sunny smile to the annoyed clerk who was at the desk of the inn. The clerk seemed to relent slightly at the 13-year-old's toothy grin, though Pooka herself didn't notice.

She was planning to do some early morning physical exercises, like she did nearly every morning. It hadn't really paid off yet, but that didn't keep her optimism down. Then again, it was hard to do sword exercises when you couldn't pick up your sword, she admitted to herself with a puckered lip, so she dropped it for the moment and got down on the ground to do some pushups.

It was nothing if not a comical sight.

Fifteen whole push-ups done, Pooka returned to her sword. "Maybe that's enough workout," she said to herself, standing ominously over her Waterloo. Unconsciously, she furrowed her brow before bending down and grabbing its handle with both hands, heaving at it with all her might.