OtakuBoards

Haze's stuff

Haze

heh. It has been forever and a half since I last posted my stuff. So many more people have come to this portion of the OB. I think I want all the new folks (and you loveable old guys too) to see my newest stuff. I have pretty much been in hiding with my stuff until I could "better" myelf and my wallpapering skills.

The first is my second favorite wallpaper I have ever done. It took me 1 hour and a half to get it to perfection. I thought it was pretty darn good. You will tell me if it isn't. Thanks all!

~Haze

EDIT: Meh. Somebody post, puh-leeze!

[color=darkblue]
[size=1]
Wow, You've imroved a great deal since i last saw your graphics. Heh, I must say, thats gotta be one of the best wallpaper's I've seen here^^. The background is gorgeous, and the colors blend together with the foreground pic. The crops are clean, and the pic used is of high quality.
The only flaw i could spot is the font. The font color doesn't stand out so well with the background.
I also think the font is a little simple compared to the rest of the wallpaper*.

Heh, anyway, It looks great, ^^ Keep it up, and I hope to see more :)

[/size]
[/color]

[COLOR=orangered]Go for it! Steal if you like. That is what it is there for, to be used. It doesn't get any attention on my computer. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=orangered]Thank you very much for the compliments. I really appreciate them. Like I said Shippo, I stayed away from posting my stuff until I felt I was good enough to compete with people like you, Dan, and Koala. I think they are almost there. I have worked on mastering Paintshop Pro 8 which is another reason my stuff has improved. I used to use some crappy picture editing software. Now that I have something that is specifically for making wallpapers and banners I can do a lot more. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=orangered]This next is my absolute favorite that I have ever done. I spent 3 hours alone on cropping Chii and making her perfect. I still go back every now and then to spiff her up. And the text isn't too good on this one either. But I think the simplicity of it does justice to the moving of the background. I used the distortion effect, or something like that, to creat the ring of Chii's. Two different pictures. Both took forever to crop. I used the same image that was in the last one. I had to recrop it though. I forgot to save teh cropped version. Ooopps. Oh well. I think this one turned out mooch better. Lemme know whatcha think, k?[/COLOR]

[color=teal]*Mod-approved double post. Spam post has been deleted above. -Syk3[/color]

[COLOR=orangered]my gosh you post quick. ^^ Thank you once again. I try. SO you really like that other one better? Seriously? hmph. I thought peoples would like the second one better. Oh well. I guess I like it so because I spent a lot of time on it. Did the text look alright?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=orangered]Now for a new one. I'm not sure I like this one. The background in kind of funky. It is something akin to solorizing. I think it was called "softer than solorize." Kind of odd. It is brown. And a simi-ugly shade too. It went with the solarization though. It went from baby blue to brown. Don't ask me why. I hope ya'll like it.[/COLOR] :therock: ( i love that little green guy.)

[color=teal]*Mod-approved double post. Spam post has been deleted above. -Syk3[/color]

[COLOR=orangered]The little smilie guy. He is green. anyways. This next one is the one that restarted my wallpaper-fettish. It is simple in it's design yet I think it has some sophistication to it. What do ya'll thik?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=orangered]I think this is the most I have ever posted in 30 minutes. This makes it about 7 posts. ^__^ Just a little fact I thought you all might like to know.[/COLOR]

Since the last paper I had failed to draw in a comment, I changed it. :( :( :(

This one is of Sesshy form InuYasha. I took an already existing paper that I got off of the interent and added Sesshy on to it. I like it. Tell me if you do.

~Haze

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Skyechild91 [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue]0.0

In one word, Haze- whoa.

You rock, chica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I luv it!!!!!!! Can I have? Pweeze???? ::steals CHi wallpaper::[/size][/color][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Skyechild, you [i]really[/i] need to improve upon your post quality. The same can not only be said about this post, but about every single one you've made in this thread, and before you do anything else, please read the sticky at the top of the forum on Constructive Criticism. Saying that you like a peice of artwork is SPAM; you need to get into detail about why you like it, what exactly you like about it, and what can be improved. Your posts here are not acceptable to OtakuBoards standards.[/color]

Great work, Haze_Gundam006. I especially like your latest wallpaper of Sesshomaru. Both together as one, makes for a nice wallpaper. His position flows well with the back ground. Having it red in this aspect works well, which is not so common with this character. But you made it work. I say this because the back ground makes one think of blood. Which can be easily associated with Sesshomaru . There's only one thing that's a little off. Some of the cropping areas around him have a white/light blue lining. Mostly near the flow strans of hair. Other then that...Great work.

*bows to Ruby* thank you very much. ^__^ When I saw that background I knew that Sesshomaru would do well in it. You took the thoughts right out of my head when you said that the background was reminicent of blood. I just noticed those blue places. I think it was because of how I cropped the picture. If I had removed teh blue, some of his hair would have been completely cut out. thank you for your comments.

This next one is from Nadesco. It is of Ruri Hoshino. I like it. I got the text from one of the songs, "I believe...Someday," from the show. My only beef with it is that I do not think the text fits all that well. Tell me what you think.

~Haze

As I went down this thread and looking at each wallpaper, I noticed how your cropping kept improving. It's very nice, but there's always a little white debris. Spend a [I]little[/I] more time cropping to remove those little white things, and your wallpapers will be top-notch.

I really liked the Escaflowne, but that white debris around Hitomi at the left was distracting.

The Sessomaru (sp?) one is my favorite out of these, because you cropped it well, and the background is just killer. Interesting reflection effect you have at the bottom, might I add.

Oh, and for that second wallpaper, I think it would be cooler if you did that reflection thing with the center pic as well (you know, how there's an upside-down version of the side pics). If you aligned it properly, I think it would be a neat effect.

heh. My cropping improved as I went down? huh. Well that is bad. very bad. You see the ones at the top are my most recent. The Sesshy one is probably the newest. But the last one is about 3 months old. *shrug* I suppose I should spend more time on the cropping. I usually spend like and hour cropping. Yes, just cropping. I don't crop like normal people. If anyone knows anything about Paintshop Pro 8, you would know about the "background eraser." All it really does is erase the stuff, under your control, that it deems "background," usually that means white, black, and any color that is there the most. It is like a coloring tool. Very annoying to use because you have to go through and hand erase all the background. I guess that is why I sometimes leave stuff off.

This next wallpaper is from Angel Sanctuary. Ever since I saw Dagger's banner a long time ago, I have loved this anime. I haven't seen it, but the colors and the characters are beautiful. I love them. On this one I tinted the people a light blue. Kind of turned out well. Then I added in all of the white lines. I don't know why I added them. I think it turned out well though. Let me know what any of you think of the text [I]color[/I]. I don't know if it fits all that well. well, lemme know.

EDIT: I would like to note that this wallpaper, and most of the rest of mine, are at a size of 1024 x 768 pixels, which is bigger than a normal window can hold. When I looked at it after I posted, I noticed that the quality of it went waaaay down when the computer shrunk it. So if you have anything that can make it bigger, please use it. I believe that there is a little button that appears somewhere on my wallpaper (check the bottom right) that allows you to make the picture larger. Do try to find it and use it. Thank you.

~Haze

P.S. I have a question for all those people with Paintshop Pro 8. Do you know how I can preserve my image clarity when switching from the .pspimage to a .jpg? I save it as both. I start with the .pspimage and then I save it as a .jpg. After I do this, My jpg always looks. . . well, less good as it did before. It's like it gets slightly blurry and kind of pixelly. If you can help me out, please do. Thanks.

this afternoon when I read your post, I thought this would be the easiest wallpaper I have ever made. That was at 2:35. It is now 8:47. So that makes me 5 hours on a wallpaper and all I have to show for it is cramped knees, a splitting headache, and one very pretty wallpaper. I didn't use the picture you gave me because I couldn't think of a way to incorporate it into a wallpaper. The trees screwed me over. So I decided to do this idea that I have been meaning to try out. And voila! Here it is. And before you say it, yes it is yellow. Bright yellow. I thought it would look good. I don't like it yellow, but I can't change it now. To put all of the girls' pictures on there I had to cut them out individualy and put them in a hexagon. Then I had to [I]hand-color[/I] the area that did not fit into the hexagon. I also hand-colored the backgrounds behind each girl. So if they look a little shabby, forgive me. I tried the hardest I ever have on this paper. So if you don't like it, I still like it. I said I don't like the yellow all that much, but after I put it on my desktop I kind of like it. I hope you enjoy it.

~Haze

It looks great! I personally like the yellow. It goes good with it. Really, it does. But if you could, could you tell me how to put on that wallpaper? Because I really love Tenchi. Please tell me in a PM so a mod. won't tell us to. But it looks great. And the yellow looks fine.

thank ya. This next one is blue. And I do mean blue. I was looking around a bit today, and I came across this really cool Bebop wallpaper. I loved the quote so I decided to use it. And here it is! I used lots and lots and lots of bright blues. It is pretty basic, but I still like it. I hooked Spike onto it since I have been trying to come up with some way to use the picture that I used here. Hope you like.

~haze

Thats a cool background effect you did there. I like this a lot. 'cept I think the text you put blue in doesn't match good. But, I don't know I stink at text.

Also, I like the spike picture, I got it on my hard drive, but never used it yet. Good work.

this is from an anime I now know is called El Hazard. I think. O.o BUt yeah. I made the bakcground once again. I thought the star like feel would go well with the ring of grils. And before anyone else states it, the purple portion of the ring is messed up. Don't know why. It just happened that way. But I think it looks alright. I hope you do too.

~haze

[size=1]Choppy cropping my friend. I'm not sure if this is supose to be a wallpaper or not but it just looks ecky. If your using MS paint, it would make since but if your using somthing different then whoa, You need to practice more then. A black background with stars isnt apealing ethier. What went wrong?[/size]

Well, if it's any consolation, I don't see a problem with the stars and the background in general. The only weak-point I'm (still) seeing is the cropping. There's a very noticeable amount of white debris this time. Maybe if you told us how you crop, we might be able to tell you what to do more (or what not to do).

It's another nice wallpaper, but it's hindered by your strange cropping problem. If you do get past that, though, I have no doubt that your banners will recieve greater praise. :)

[QUOTE][I]Originally posted by White Mage:[/I]
Choppy cropping my friend. I'm not sure if this is supose to be a wallpaper or not but it just looks ecky. If your using MS paint, it would make since but if your using somthing different then whoa, You need to practice more then. A black background with stars isnt apealing ethier. What went wrong?[/QUOTE]

I thought the object of putting things up was for constructive critism. Do tell me what I need to practice more on rather than just saying I need to practice more. And why isn't a black background with stars 'not apealing?' I don't know how to fix things if you can't tell me what exactly I should fix. And no, I do not use MS Paint. In fact, I think it quite an insult that you would say that. For your information, I use Paint Shop Pro 8, which I am pretty sure I already said. If not, then you know now. I also found the 'what went wrong?' very insulting. No body else had a problem with my stuff. So why do you?

~Haze

P.S. I will post something else later. I am just a little bit angry right now.

EDIT: Ok, still mad, but I will post something. How's about a banner? Haven't made one of those is forever and a day. This is one I put together this morning at like 1 A.M. I have a bunch of pictures saved and I found this one somebody did as a wallpaper. It was of a sun and lightening. So I cut out this part and changed it around a bit. the rest of the quote was supposed to say. . . 'I'll be there...when the darkness comes.' But I like it when it just said 'I'll be there.' So I left it like it was. I hope this is more up to your standards White Mage. :smirk:

Well, I dont see any problem with the star background. The croping just looks a little rushed. But I know you are a good croper becasue I looked at you other graphics.

The banner is very appealing to me. Good work with the text, I think it fits well. One problem is the border the top and left are thicker than the right and bottem. I'm not sure if you wanted it like that but, I seem to have that problem to when I make borders.

Thank you, Shizoku. You too, Azure. To answer your question on how I crop will be difficult. I don't know if you use Paintshop Pro 8 so I don't know if you will know what I am talking about. There is a tool on there called 'Background Eraser.' That is what I use. It pretty much just takes what it thinks is the background, and under your control erases it. It is just like using the pencil thing on Paint or anything like that, except it erases. Quite nifty. Anyways, I do not know how to crop on Paintshop Pro. All I have seen is that you can crop in boxes and only in boxes. I have looked everywhere for a way to crop not in boxes, but my search has got zero results. I have even checked the 1,000 page User Guide. So I still use the Background Eraser until someone can tell me otherwise. *looks around for someone who uses PSP*

Anyways, I fixed what you were talking about Shizoku. For some reason when I resized it after I put a border in, it cut off part of the bottom. *shrug*

So no one replied to the banner I posted. I decided to put up this wallpaper I just made. I was told how to make layers transparent so I put like 8 layers on the background. It made for one odd shade of orange. Then I put a layer of yellow on top. I rather like it. I didn't do anything to teh picture other than cropping. I didn't put any text because I don't know who the guy is. I don't even know what he is from. Wait.... His name is Roku, or at least that is what the original picture saved itself as. ^__^ If you have any ideas what I should do for my text problem, let me know. I have no clue what to put....

-Haze

P.S. I believe, Baron, you owe me a post. *nods* So get to posting.

That's a cool wallpaper, even though I absolutely detest the colour orange in large quantities. That doesn't change the fact that it's a good wallpaper though. As for you banner... Coolness. I love it. Looks like you've inverterted a shot of the sky when a lightning bolt hit... Really I have trouble finding trouble in your work, except for my own perverse sense of style.

That has to be your best cropping job ever. That's really good. If you could do that for all of your works, well... I think I said it before.

The background is interesting, but I preferred some of your previous ones before. Nonetheless, within the actually aspect of creating art, you've improved more than this wallpaper says.

Anyway, isn't there like a selection tool to use or something instead of the background eraser? You know, one where you can zoom-in and slowly outline the character? Or at least a "magic wand" that detects similar colors and selects them? Those are the tools I use (but I have PS): the magic wand to remove most of the background, and the lasso selection tool to manually select and remove the finer/similar parts of the background from the desired picture.

Yes my version of PSP does have the "wand tool." I just don't know how to use it. >_< It took about an hour to do all of the cropping. While we were in that chat the other night, I worked on it. I went around the entire picture and hand erased the parts that didn't need to be there. It left me with blurry vision and a hurting hand....I had to magnify it all the way to 700%....try working like that for several hours at a time....not good.

I liked my last banner too. ^__^ I got the picture of this rather larger ball of light in a field with lightening coming out all around it. So I took part of it and did a "softer than solarize" thing that paintshop has. Very neat little effect. It just inverts all of the colors. And just so you know CrH, I detest large quantities of orange as well. But I needed something "firey" but not so much so that it would not fit with the picture. So I took light oranges and yellows to make the background. Didn't really do much to it though. I just distorted it greatly.

Now for my next thing. It is another banner. I thought that since I got my new name (woot woot!) I needed a new banner. And I had this picture laying around of two girls with black hair and in red and white dresses on a white background. And I loved the general scheme of things so I took part of it, changed it a bit, and smacked my name on it. I like it lots though. It reminds me of the White Stripes new CD "Elephant." But I have always called elephants "elephantes" so that is what I named it. Can't really tell there is a difference to it when it is written, but you can when I say it. Anyways, tell me what you think.

P.S. Baron, I don't see a post from you yet.