OtakuBoards

Haze's stuff

Haze

[Well Haze, if you looked into the future, you would see one right about now]

Ok. This newest banner... tis OK. I think if you want something like this, you should centre the banner and have a matching avatar. Thats just me, but yeah >.>. It would be much better... with a little bit of spice. lol. Not very helpful I know, but... yeah. A matching avatar would work wonders. Centreing is precious as well.

This banner isn't really my style... however, there isn't anything as such wrong with it. Aside from the way the font you used makes the 'H' i don't like that H. Just doesn't sit well with me. Overall, there isn't anything as such 'wrong' with this banner. It just doesn't suit me.

Aesthetics: 7/10
Technical: 6/10

Rawr: This background is quite nice. I love it actually. The yellow swirls are precious on it. The picture isn't too bad, and the cropping is decent quality. Better than my few stingy attempts >.> lol. It isn't too bad at all.

Aesthetics: 8/10

The Darkness: The dark explosion looks funky. About the only thing I can suggest to improve upon is the font... put a glow of some sort around it, or lightly airbrush behind it. Give it some depth and style.

Finally, the object of contention... Ring: This background for it looks fine- the stars are pretty and a good idea. However, the cropping is pretty bad. I don't know how PSP works, but this 'Magic Wand' sounds good. Also try to have a slight black glow inwards on the character layer... if PSP does that o.O

Aesthetics: 6/10

Overall- you're improving at an impressive and rapid rate.

YAY!!! *dances round* Thanks much Baron. I am working on the matching avi. It will probably take a while. You must explain this "bit of spice." I'm not sure what you mean. What is wrong with my H?? It is a fancy H.

I know that my cropping on "rawr" wasn't the best. Like I said, I did it by hand. And I don't even want to talk about the "Ring" one. >_<

This next one I thought I did kindof good on. I love teh colors in the image of the girls! Very pretty colors. So I took colors that were in where their legs are colored and created teh background. Not the most creative thing, but I think it turned out alright. So obviously it is from Beatmania I I DX. I have no clue what that is, but the girls are cool looking.

-haze

P.S. I just want to reiterate how much I appreciate all of your comments. Contrary to popular belief, I actually do take most all of your sugestions and use them, at least those that make sense. I am extremely thankful to all of you who have posted here, good or bad commentes. Many many thanks.

Hhmmm. Not too bad. The images you used are high[ish] quality, and the cropping is a world away from your older images. I don't like how the stock image's legs are faded off... but that is the artists doing. I like how you faded/effected them images and places them a bit further up as well. That adds a bit more of something- interest- to the banner. I think it looks a bit strange how they're sitting on the air though o.O lol. Also, perhaps some fancy airbrushing or something around the text would look good. Put a grid behind the text or something. That would make it more interesting, and look better. The background of this is rather plain, but sometimes simplicity is best, and I feel for this piece that that is the case.

Aesthetics: 7.5/10
Technical: 8/10

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I must save my thread!!!

*cough cough*

It wasn't my doing to put them on air. THey had absolutely nothing under them, and everything I tried to put underthem didn't look too great. Thank you for the wonderful comments!!

So this next one is kind-of good. It is really really plain. I used a simple black background with some of those line things. Then I put the picture of the war cat and that same guy from "rawr" on it. I think it turned out pretty well once I put it in Sephia Tones. You tell me if I did well.

-haze

It looks pretty good. The cropping on the pictures is great- excellent even. One thing I could recommend is that you select it to make a thin black glow inside the image- I don't know if PSP does that, but it is a good idea, and makes it look sharper.

The background is a pleasant maroon shade, and the lines look very good- especially how you have two down and three across. Also having the darker coloured line detracts from it being too boring. Gives it that spice I mentioned.

Good work here Haze.

Aesthetics: 7.5/10
Technical: 6/10

*big smile* Thank you Baron. I really like that one. It was originally a black background with white and grey lines. Then I made the two people kind of blue. But I didn't like it that much. So I just messed around a bit and decided to do this. I'm glad you like it.

So here is another banner. For some reason I am back in "banner mode." *shrugs* Don't know why. But this is my latest creation. I used the same picture that Kitty supplied in her request thread. I liked the picture. Don't know if I will use it though....I might....I might not. Depends on the reaction. ^__^

-haze

[color=crimson]I love this last banner. The color scheme just goes perfect. It's very peaceful, but the colors make it wild at the same time. Very well done. Wish I could do that in PSP, I haven't even finshed with the stupid user guide....>_>
I loved your wallpaper that started this whole thread. That background and Chi's skin contrast, and her dress seems to join the background. You have some really awesome stuff in this thread. Keep up the good work!

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

Arigatou to all of you! I think that is the most number of times that people have posted about one of my banners. Woot! My thread is on the rise once more! All I really do with PSP is cut some stuff out. I never really read that mondo-book like I was supposed to. I kind of found out how to crop then played around with it from there. It actually gets a lot easier once you have been at it for like a month.

I liked my first wallpaper in here lots as well. It is probably my favorite I have ever done....which is saying something. I have millions upon millions that I have made.

So I had this other banner up here....and everyone hated it so much that they would not comment. *sniffle* So I am changing it up. This guy is supposed to be a ninja. And I got bored and hyper one night...so the quote "whoa" came up and was used. Forgive me.

-haze

First off, the image used for that Ninja one is bad. It is slightly pixelly, and just not up to the clean, sharp standards necessary for a banner. Aside, from that this isn't too bad though. Good layout and everything...

I like this Cat-Girl one of yours. I realise you didn't really do much to it.. but this banner flows so well, the font looks great, and the characters red hair flows gently into the matching border. There is great work here. I think a pinkish or bluish glow around the text would have worked wonders... but aside from that, this is good.

Yeah I don't like Mr. Ninja too much. THe picture was crappy. But I was bored. o.O

I actually did do somethings to my cat girl. I tinted her lots. Several colors in fact. But that and the text reaches teh extent of what I did. I love that one...

I couldnot get my text right in this next one. I love the image. Just couldn't find the right color text. Anyone who wants to help me with it, feel free too. It was gonna be all cursivey and pretty. The quote was "Happiness is key" stupid quote I know. but Ithought it might fit. Any better suggestions.

-haze

P.S. and yes it does have a border...it is just really really light blue. ^__^

That's good. What is that little black square on her knee though? Just showing at the top of the banner? That looks pretty shoddy to me.. if you could find a way to remove it, I'd be very happy.

Border suggestion: The light blue is hard to see, and if used should be thicker. Would would look better IMO is one in the style of my current one, but use a lighter pink/red instead to match the banner.

Try... Bickley Script in white and bolded for the quote, as I have on my Candyland banner.

That should look good. It is a nice picture you used.

Try these suggestions- I think they'll help you, and this has the capacity to be an awesome banner.

hola! In regards to that little black box thing....It was part of the picture. The girl is sitting by a window with a table kind of in front of her, but not fully in front. And I accidently got part of the table. sorry Baron.

I did in fact change the border. I decided to go different and add a white border, then add in a reddish-pink one after that. I like the look of it. Also I did find a color font. It was black. o.O Now why didn't I think of that before? I mean, usually it is the first color I try.

Did I succeed in making it awesome? Or did I fail as usual? >__<

-haze

That is pretty good Haze. The border looks a lot better, but I really don't like that font. Try something smaller, thinner and perhaps in white... black is to much for this banner, at least in that particular font I feel.

Change the font, and this will be good. I love the picture you used.. everything excepting the text works really well in this banner.

Good job.

*sigh* Everyone hates me so no one would comment on that last banner. >__<

I tried white, Baron. It is completely unreadable. The background is already so light and white so it doesn't work. I agree with you that the text is too thick, though. I'm not sure why it turned out so thick. I'm pretty sure it wasn't that thick before. Ah well. Thanks for your help. I will probably post back the edited version (el numero 3) later on.

So before this one, I changed it to my current mO heading banner. BUt no one commented so I changerated it again! yay! I got back into making wallpapers recently becuase of the need to put something on my poor empty deviantart account. I have gotten good comments on all of them, yet I don't feel complete. I want to know how I can fix them.

So for starters I will post my Nemian wallpaper. For those of you who don't know who Nemian is, he is from War of Genesis, hence the War of Genesis text on teh paper. ^^ This was kind of like a test wallpaper. I just did random things to it to see how it would turn out. That blue squiggly-doo, in my opinion, steals the show. ^__^ I like it better than I like anything else. I just messed around with the line drawer and came up with it. Hope you like it too.