OtakuBoards

Strange Concept: Public deck

Circ

I just had this Weird Idea were people would had 1 card per message to a public deck thread and our ultimate goal would be to have a working 40/45 cards deck. You might want to add the reasons you're suggesting that card too XD

So it goes, for example:
[quote]1. Celtic Guardian[/quote]
then
[quote]
1. Celtic Guardian
2. Vampire Lord
etc.
[/quote]
So I'll start with

[B]1. Lesser Fiend[/B]
Because I happen to like and think it has several interesting deck combinations.

Just remember we ultimately want to have a passably working deck, So you might want to add the staples somewhere along the road ;)

[i]If you consider this spam, mods, just erase it, or lock it or something, I won't mind. [/i]:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, you took my suggestion, Tom! ^_^ Well, I'm gonna continue this:

3. Yata-Garasu

Yeah, I should have said a more staple card like Monster Reborn, but I honestly think that Yata has potential in just about any deck. You will come to the situation where you will have your opponent mercilessly trapped with no monster on the field and nothing good enough in the magic/trap zone to stop Yata's attack, so you'd just go for it. I know I reach this situation almost all the time, so I think Yata has what it takes to be a superb monster. The only problem with it is once he/she's back in your hand, what's going to save you from a direct attack? Waboku, maybe? ...I guess that's next on the list. :-P

Well with 3 Fiends already stated, I guess I'll give a Fiend as well. Since my favorite Fiend has already been mentioned I'll suggest my Third favorite.....

4). Helpoemer.

I know I probably shoud say a staple card like Waboku or Raigeki but everyone knows they'll eventually be mentioned. Helpoemer is my 3rd fav Fiend, Dark Ruler Ha Des and Dark Necrofear being my other 2. Helpoemer has a great effect. Sure it may take 1 tribute for only 2000 Atk but when it's sent to the grave by battle and as long as he's in the grave opponent has to give up 1 card to the grave Randomly, and he can't be special summoned. Great in a Fiend and/or Hand Disruption decks. Great if you want to get a Yata lock .

[b]Ominous Fortunetelling[/b]

Reason: What could be better then a continuous trap card that lets you cause life point damage just for guessing a card type (monster, magic/spell, trap) in your opponent's hand durning your turn? Direct damage is fun.

So far, we have:

1. Lesser Fiend
2. Dark Ruler ha des
3. Yata Garasu
4. Helpoemer
5. Raigeki
6. Monster Reborn
7. Ominous Fortunetelling
8. Delinquent Duo

It's not [i]that[/i] unfocused, but we'll have to focus it definitely soon...

Let's add...
[b]9. Painful Choice[/b] Because I can see a pattern in all these Fiends, and besides, it'll add speed in this deck, which might be very needed with the focussing trouble ;)

This is beginning to look like a fiend deck, so I'll add: [B]Winged Minion.[/B]

Attack: 700
Defense: 700

Effect: Offer this face up card as a tribute to increase the attack and defense of one Fiend type monster on the field by 700 points. Thsi effect applies until the selected monster is destroyed or removed from the field.

Guest Alucardfire
We should realy ditch the Hellpoemer as it really slows da thing down. Sacrifice, summon, must die by battle; come on.

Anyway, Dark Necrophia.

Pretty much an obvious choice.

If we're going with Fiends, then I suggest:

13) Metamorphasis

Used to turn our Helpoemer into Dark Baltar the Terrible. Assuming that doesn't work, we can try HP's effect. If that didn't work...well, we're screwed, but that's the best use I thought of for the Helpoemer.

Also, seeing as we're at three tribute monsters, I'd highly suggest against adding any more.

1. Lesser Fiend
2. Dark Ruler ha des
3. Yata Garasu
4. Helpoemer
5. Raigeki
6. Monster Reborn
8. Delinquent Duo
9. Painful Choice
10. Spear Cretin
11. Winged Minion
12. Archfiend Soldier
13. Dark Necrofear
14. Metamorphosis
15. Wall of Illusion
16. Waboku

Well, this certainly looks... Interesting :naughty: I'm contributing with...

[b]17. GraceFul Charity[/b] It just goes so well with Dark Necrofear. I might add that a couple of magic and staple monsters/traps could get useful by now ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowfire [/i]
[B]Just to get it out of the way....

15)Waboku. [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Even if it is a staple, please go into more detail about why the card is useful. List the effect, if nothing else.[/SIZE]

Mirror Force[/b]- When your opponent attacks, negate the attack and destroys all monsters on your opponent's side of the field.

It's a staple card, and for good reason- although you might still have Magic and Trap cards to deal with on your opponent's side, all of their monsters should be destroyed (unless your opponent has a Seven Tools or Jinzo handy) and with no cost to yourself.

One downside- it's a Trap, and can only be activated after the turn in which it is set, leaving it open to MST or anything else that destroys Traps, and it can be blocked by Jinzo's effect. But Jinzo is only one monster, and if played in the right place can really turn a match around for you- this card is extremely useful in any Deck.[/COLOR]

Keeping score here:

1. Lesser Fiend
2. Dark Ruler ha des
3. Yata Garasu
4. Helpoemer
5. Raigeki
6. Monster Reborn
8. Delinquent Duo
9. Painful Choice
10. Spear Cretin
11. Winged Minion
12. Archfiend Soldier
13. Dark Necrofear
14. Metamorphosis
15. Wall of Illusion
16. Waboku
17. Graceful Charity
18. Mirror Force
19. Spirit Reaper
20. Pot of Greed

Only 20 more cards to go, and we've got a 40-card deck, people! :-D

1. Lesser Fiend
2. Dark Ruler ha des
3. Yata Garasu
4. Helpoemer
5. Raigeki
6. Monster Reborn
8. Delinquent Duo
9. Painful Choice
10. Spear Cretin
11. Winged Minion
12. Archfiend Soldier
13. Dark Necrofear
14. Metamorphosis
15. Wall of Illusion
16. Waboku
17. Graceful Charity
18. Mirror Force
19. Spirit Reaper
20. Pot of Greed
21. Kuriboh

Let's had in with something classic:

[B]22. Change of Heart[/B]
A staple, and one that might get very useful with 3 tribute monsters... reduce their monster count, increase yours. Ultimate monster advantage!

Guest Alucardfire
Kuribo isn't a staple, it is just for decks looking for one more option in damage control. For this demon deck it is a great fit to stall and dump for Necrophia.

Anyway, Forceful Sentry and Confiscate to round out the discard trio.

Ok since were heading into more staple like cards, how about...

23). Harpies Feather Duster

IMO the most popular magic and trap removal card. This is one staple card every powerful and successfull deck needs, IMO.

Oh and Alucardfire, I believe by some Kuriboh is a staple card.
Thats like Swords of Revealing Light. Some may say it's a staple , some may say it's not. Some may say it works only in some or certain decks. Others may say they wouldn't think of running a deck with out it, no matter what deck type it is. It's all up to your oponion.

And I do believe this is a 1 card per post thread. Really needed to choose 1 of the 2 you picked.