Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Well, all my banner threads die, so PLEASE! Try to keep this one going. I know I'm not great at banners, but I want to improve.

Here:

[img]http://server4.uploadit.org/files2/161203-BANNER4you1.bmp[/img]

[img]http://server4.uploadit.org/files2/161203-dreaming.bmp[/img]

[img]http://server4.uploadit.org/files2/161203-fairyBAN.bmp[/img]

[img]http://server4.uploadit.org/files2/161203-fayeBANNER2.bmp[/img]

[img]http://server4.uploadit.org/files2/161203-killhannahbanner.bmp[/img]

Well, that's all I can do for now. Tell me what you think ^_^.
Posted
[size=1][color=chocolate]Sorry, I can only see the Faye one. But I'll rate that one anyway.

It is a good banner, but the banner is blurry by the stretching of it. The font is good for it ,and the banner also works with the banner.[/size][/color]
Posted
Thanks for the comment. (I think O.o)

Anyway, here's a banner I made. The words might be kinda hard to read, but tell me what you think ^_^.
Posted
It's great that you want to improve. Here are some tips:

1. If it's at all possible, try to avoid stretching or distorting the stock images. Banners are much more attractive when everything seems to be in proportion. Rather than attempting to include the entire original picture in your banner, crop it--or at least reduce the resolution so that it ends up being smaller.

2. I like the fact that you try to make creative borders, so keep up the good work.

3. Anti-alias or blur your text. The fonts that you've been using appear very jagged, and this distracts the viewer's attention from the actual banner. This is especially true of your recent AMG banner; the rough-edged words simply don't look right against such a soft, pretty background.

Just remember--the more banners you make, the better you'll get.

~Dagger~
Posted
[color=gray]
Okay, before I go to the actuall rating, I would like to ask what programs you have at your hand.
A banner strongly relies on the program. If you use MSpaint, than you should really get something like Paint Shop Pro or PhotoShop...

I have this feeling that you [i]are[/i] using MSpaint, but I will rate your banners all as one.
Since these are paint banners and you cant do much with it, these are not that bad.

Try to make the borders never more than one pixel thick. They'll look a lot better already. And well you crop some pictures, which does not really look nice.

Conclusion: Get a better program ^_^;;

[size=1]my excuses if you take me too harsh[/size][/color]
Posted
Thanks for the comments. Yeah, those banners are in MS Paint, but I just got Photo Shop 3 (so it's an old version, but it beats MS Paint by a lot). I still need improvement in Photo Shop, though. Here's a banner I just made:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...