OtakuBoards

Will they ever bring Gundam Wing back to Cartoon Network??

Guest OutlawKFK

Guest OutlawKFK
I loved that show and was wondering if anyone knew if they were ever bringing it back to the CN

I cried when it ended:bawl: I didn't want to see it leave it was such a good show.

I heard some time after they get the second season of Dragon ball gt they will bring it back but I doubt it:nervous:

Yes, that's right. On Toonami we still have Wing. I watched all 49 episodes plus the three-episode Endless Waltz over the last 51 days. I think they're restarting from episode one today. It's a shame you don't have it. For once I'm lucky to live where I do. It's hopeless for video games in the UK though :bawl:

Yeah I wish that Gundam Wing would come back to Cartoon Network. It was one of the only reasons for watching the channel, except for adults swin and Bubblegum Crisis. Oh well, once I get all the episodes of GW on dvd i wont have to worry bout watching it on tv and waiting for it to come on everyday(in the end it was ont he weekends).

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1]A reason that Cartoon Network's [i]Toonami[/i] is not bringing back Gundam Wing was stated above by Hittorkori Zero, CN will start airing Gundam SEED around the early part of this year, I'd say really start watching for commercials this month through March, that should be when they start announcing the date of the show getting released.

The other reason they don't show GW on Toonami anymore is because the entire series is out on DVD, I mean you can go to a local music/video store like a Suncoast or Best Buy and find the entire series in a box set, course you have to cough up about $200.00 for it but for all of us GW fans its very worth it in the long run. And why re-run it for another 49 episodes, when getting SEED out soon?

But Hittorkori Zero hit the nail on the head again, Zeta Gundam and Gundam Formula 91 will be released, but directly onto DVD only. Zeta Gundam runs about 50-51 episodes and if aired on CN it would be horribly butchered, I think Nippon Sunrise saw this and only agreed to release it onto DVD only so as to preserve episodes and character dialect. Formula 91 though, is a full lenght anime movie and has zero episodes, its like any normal movie you'd go to see at the local movie theater, so I definetly seeing that getting directly released on DVD.

Basically this is the year of the Gundam, so keep an eye out for them folks.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Wing is made in 1995, which is 9 years ago. Why bother to repeat a 9 years old show when a newer show is going to show on CN? BTW, when Seed comes on TV, I am sure many of the Wing fans will become Seed fans and start praising Seed like Wing.

PS. Zeta has 50 episodes.

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully no more delays happen to Zeta though, I really think that if this series airs in the U.S. and isn't too heavily edited it can really open up the eyes of many viewers and make them see what Gundam is all about. As for SEED while I enjoyed it it's much like GW in a way, and i'm really getting worried that the voice acting is going to be horrivle =|. For anyone who has seen the series subbed and stops to think about it it'll make sense -__-, Kira ends up crying alot blah blah I honestly didn't hate him because of that but anyway I can't really see an american voice actor really getting the voice acting for Gundam SEED Kira crying is just one of the many things I feel is going to be done horribly wrong -_-.

Zeta is too old for American TV. The rating of MSG really discorages Zeta for getting on TV, anyway. Also, Zeta is the sequel of MSG and many people have not watch MSG at all and Zeta is just another old story, uninteresting story to them. Seed has the perfect graphic for the American market where look is more important than content. Too bad that Zeta will be buried even the story and characters are far better than Gundam Seed's. It is just the way things go.

That's probably true the outdated animation will really be a factor to contend with especially after Gundam Wing aired. Yet at the same time none of the other shows aired on CN have spectacular animation as it is, so there is always a possiblity that Z-Gundam could go over well... True the story is probably a tad to complex for the bulk of viewers out there but there is always that [i]one[/i] shot :P.

Look at the series Knight of Zodiac, which is the American edited version of the classic Saint Seiya. The show is made around the same time as Zeta Gundam, actually, one year after Zeta in 1986. The show has to be edit heavily and we still hear people complain about the remastered animation as the style is different from late 90s to earlier 00s. The editing angers the older fans but it is the animation drives the newer targetted fans away. This will be what happen to Zeta if it is show on TV because Zeta is not what many people recognize as Gundam since it is not Wing or Seed. At the end, if it is on TV, we will be flood with opinions like the Mobile Suit Gundam has. We will hear endless complain of the old animation and the "uninteresting" characters. We will hear mindless comparisons between Camille and Heero or Zeta to Wing Zero. I really don't want to see that.

• 3 weeks later...
Gundam Wing is thankfully isn't coming back to Cartoon Network in the US. It was an ok show, but not the best Gundam series out there.

They won't be bringing it back. Why? For one, they played the gundam series to death when it was on. Cartoon Network would rather play series like Dragon Ball Z and SD Gundam. That's just how it is.

Guest phantasyphan
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OutlawKFK [/i]
[B]I loved that show and was wondering if anyone knew if they were ever bringing it back to the CN

I cried when it ended:bawl: I didn't want to see it leave it was such a good show.

I heard some time after they get the second season of Dragon ball gt they will bring it back but I doubt it:nervous: [/B][/QUOTE]

WHAT doesn't he have....Toonami? but that is on CN.....I'm so confused......please enlighten me........AND I WANT it back on.....along with Tenchi!...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I quoted the wrong guy :bawl: :( .....whatever.....

Guest phantasyphan
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sandrock [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]I know, it was such a good show. [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

What's this CN....I thought that it was Cartoon Network?