OtakuBoards

Bigotry Shielded by Religion & the First Amendment...

Shinken

I know that my last post about something like this ended relatively soon, but this is just too horrible to not post about. If you check out [url]www.godhatesamerica.com[/url] you'll basically bombarded by bigotry. What I don't understand is just how these sites are protected by the First Amendment. It's absolutely ridiculous- these guys not only "justify" the 9/11 terror attacks, but also glorify those who carried out the attacks as "messengers" of a religion which they hate! It's my opinion that something like this wouldn't even hold up in a court of law.

And they also discriminate against homosexuals, veterans, etc. It's sickening. The worst part: they're an [b]AMERICAN[/b] group! Well, they originated in this country. But they're NOT Americans, in my opinion.

I know what you mean. Things like that are sickening. However, as much as we don`t like it, the first Amendment does give people the right of freedom of speech and press and they are expressing the way they feel so it`s perfectly legal.

This is just one of those things in life that we just have to learn to deal with. Mabye someone would shut it down if it gets really bad but I doubt it.

God. Do we really have to go through this again?

Are you being forced to go to their site? No.

If you don't like it, don't go there.

Question: How ******* simple is that?

Answer: Very ******* simple indeed.

I don't see any problem here. They're allowed to do it and they have their own opinion of you and your country. Who says you're not the bigot or the Nazi, supressing their right to express their own opinions?

Did you think of that? What is the problem? You aren't being forced or coerced into going to their site... it is entirely a choice thing. I would never have heard of it if you hadn't told me about it. It is probably done by a bunch of losers or schoolkids with nothig better to do o the weekends. Dont' take everything so seriously, or, better yet, don't go.

Same as the last one. People will be idiots. Which is why you need to ignore them and get on with your life.

[color=003333][size=1]If you're really that worried about it, start a website that's against all those anti-patriotic peeps. You could talk about how great all the people are that are fighting terrorism are. Then put down the people that are at godhatesamerica.com.
But, no, that wouldn't be the same thing at all.
*rolls eyes*

How about let them be. Does it effect you directly? No. Unless the people are knocking on your front door trying to recruit, don't pay them any attention.

There will always be people that do things like this. The best way to get rid of them is to ignore them.[/size][/color]

Ok fair enough, some of you have suugested ignoring the site and not going to it - but I think you're all missing the point.
What type of absolute **** wit would create a site like this?
This type of thing pisses me off that there are people with no common sense in the world today.

Oh! How I know I'm not the bigot?

[QUOTE]
[B]Two years after God, in His providence, brings down the symbol of America's financial might, made the Pentagon square, and plunged thousands more hateful Americans into hell, you continue to ignore His messengers, and in fact spit in His face by legalizing sinful filth.
Hear the word of the LORD, America, ***-enablers are worse than the fags themselves, and will be punished in the everlasting lake of fire!!

"Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." Romans 1:32.

The death count continues to climb, America, or have you been so busy in your orgies to notice? God Almighty is punishing you!! God Hates America![/B][/QUOTE]

I think this speaks for itself.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KnightOfTheRose [/i]
[B]There will always be people that do things like this. The best way to get rid of them is to ignore them.[/B][/QUOTE]

Here, here. Just like that God awful show The Shield. In Australia, nobody watched it and it got axed. Ace!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by UnsungHero [/i]
[B]

Here, here. Just like that God awful show The Shield. In Australia, nobody watched it and it got axed. Ace! [/B][/QUOTE]
Seeing how Austrailians originate from criminals, I can see how they're not fans of a show about a cop that will disregard criminal's rights. I'm just joking with you. That show does suck.

Anyway I'm kinda concerned that so many people here want to throw away the 1st ammendment just because someone says "I dont' like [this]." Atleast the 'God Hates America" banner was flaming text, it adds credibility.

EDIT: entire post.

Shinken, godhatesamerica.com is not what I would call a true soldier of christianity, their views are all hate this, hate that, God is love.

how do you fit hate into a religion of love? we are supposed to hate the sin, but love the person, their obviously joyed at the thoguh pagan idloatrous America is going to hell fire.

I personally disagree with [b]everything[/b] on their stupid website. In America, I believe the denomination of baptist means something different to over here, I am a baptist christian but i am in a church which loves people, and does not condemn them to hellfire. They give the christians who are peace lovig and take the golden rule seriosly (judge not unless you want ot be judged yourself, or do unto others as you would like doen unto you) bad name.

saying that, I found this little gem, and I quote

[QUOTE]If this Gospel truth offends you, then please hit the "Back" button on your browser. Otherwise, to find more information on this subject, information on the Westboro Baptist [b](sic)[/b]Church and her picketing ministry, a Gospel memorial to Matthew Shepard and more religious commentary and opinion on current events, please hit the enter button below. In clicking the button below, you testify that you are entering this website because you want to, and are not in any way being forced to view the material contained therein.

[/QUOTE]

[b](sic) added by me.

Obviously it's your choice to visit their websites, and I certainly won't be going there again.

If we had a thread every time someone found a fanatical organization they disagreed with, we would have chaos.

Let them be, and be convinced in your own mind enough to hit the back button.

[color=#707875]I think we've definitely established that this kind of stuff exists...but...I kind of don't see the point in these threads frequently being brought up. I mean, it seems as though we keep talking about some kind of extreme site and saying how much it sucks.

I don't know what the point is, really. If you want to campaign against these sites, you should start your own. Otherwise, we kind of get locked into these repetitive discussions at OtakuBoards.[/color]