OtakuBoards

Purpose

Chaos

I don't know where this one came from. I was just minding my own mind, browsing MajinPlanet, and I saw the base picture, and BAM. The idea just blasted into my brain.

So eh. Enjoy, I suppose. This is, yet another, attempt to get back into the swing of making banners.

I like the way you've obscured parts of the image and added the linear texture to it. However, the text in places is hard to read - all I can decipher is "To seek Re Purpose". I don't know given the obscuring blotches that the mystery is supposed to be intentional, but otherwise it might be good to use a slightly lighter font. Not too gaudy a colour though, because I think the gloominess of the banner is one of its best features.

Heh, I wish I got ideas that quickly.

I get this problem a lot. I think it may be due to the color and Gamma of this monitor is royally screwed, but it reads "To seek Revenge Is to seek Purpose". I was finishing Budokai 2 up [beat it, getting all characters, including fusions, in under ten hours! Hah!], and The Matrix: Reloaded was on in the other room [specifically Smith's monolouge about the connection between himself and Neo], and that just stuck in my brain.

So when I saw that picture of Vegita, the thoughts of how he got the crap kicked out of him in the Buu saga just warped in my mind, and I got that image. So I created it in Photoshop in five minutes. Weh-boo!

Alternatively, it could always be my monitor that's at fault. The brightness on it doesn't go as high as some monitors are in default mode.

Heh, now I see where it comes from. Cool. I couldn't make a banner that fast ... wait, I couldn't even make a banner. I must have been hanging onto this old one in my siggy that I made for about a year now ... hrm. But five minutes? That's fantastic!

Hhmm. I think it might have been better if you had made the banner according to height regulations- i.e. within 100 pixels height. This would crop out part of his face, but if you chose the right part it would totally cap off the effect you out into this banner. I don't like it 100% mainly for two reasons- One the boxy look. It is almost a square... it just looks odd to me, and I don't really like that. Two- Border. Border. Border. Must have a border. A very thin blackline border would be wonderful on here I feel. I absolutely love the effects you put on this banner, it looks so awesome. I would also change the positioning of the text- I read it as, 'To seek Is to Seek, revenge, purpose.' Which makes no sense XD. I think it would be better if you could find another, innnovative yet easy to read method of displaying the message.

Overall, good graphics work. There are just a few layout things I think could be improved. ^_^

Aesthetics: 7/10
Technical: 7/10

Baron; If I cropped his face out of it, it wouldn't look right to me, and that's what matters. And there is a small, black boarder. You can see it better at the upper right corner, shown by the change from his hair to, well. A black line. And yes, it's all the way around.

And you are supposed to read it literally, left to right, not upper layer and then lower layer. Plus, the only things it says is "To seek [linebreak] Revenge [linebreak] Is to seek [linebreak] Purpose", and that's it. No other words.

Which also brings me to my next point; a lack of a signature. Some of you who may be familier with my past banners are noting the missing "Chaos" in the [i]Anything You Want[/i] font. That is because I do not plan on using it. I just made it to start myself up again.

I didn't have any problems reading it (yay for this cheap laptop's LCD screen). Still, using a blue and black shade with black text: it makes sense that it would be hard to read. I think you should stagger the words a little more. It's a cool idea, but I think "revenge" should be just a little higher up, and "is to seek," but still keeping the latter above the former.

Why did you pick a blue and black shading for something that is revenge-themed, out of curiosity? I always thought something yellow-red fits better (in this case, dark yellow or dark red).

The color scheme comes from thunderclouds. Blue-white lightning, black clouds. Often referred to for ominous settings. Plus, yellow and red would looks really ugly in this picture. Not to mention it doesn't suit revenge. Even a dark yellow is still a shade of yellow, most commonly associated with sunshine and happiness and such.

Also, the words are on different latitudes because it represents Vegita's own mind; distorted and chaotic. It's not linear with him, and it never was. There are so many levels to Vegita, and such, what results from him are also varied.