OtakuBoards

Sara Art.

Sara

[size=1]Look at all the pretty colors. Heh, I think I said this in Miss Asuka's thread too, but I'm a big fan of watercolors. They're so much fun to play with. ^_^ All the different little fishies look very cool, though - nice, simple details. Especially that green one on the left. They all look so playful and happy.

This vaguely reminds me of Dr. Seuss, heh. [i]One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. [/i] Very fun. [/size]

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1]Heh, I should learn to read posts. My first thought when I saw the Sakura picture was 'Gosh, that looks like Sakura from CCS!'... Then I found out it was actually her. I'm glad I re-read the post before commenting.[/SIZE]

Anyway, she's really nice ^_^ You captured (mmm, smell that pun) her essence really well, and I love the way you've drawn her hair.

The fish are really nice. My sister has hundreds of fish-themed objects in her flat in Bristol, heh- every year we buy her something fishy for her, heh. They're nice and stylistic, yours. Eh, I'm not sure if this was intentional but I like it anyway: the orange one on the far right at the bottom looks as if it's actually being viewed from out of the water- the way the body's drawn looks almost like it's under a water ripple. It's probably not meant to be seen like that, but I think it's a nice touch ^_^

*looks over rest of art* Ah, Gejinka Biyomon. I gained a severe dislike for this type of fanart when I saw a badly drawn female Flamedramon thing, but I actually really like this picture of yours. I r converted, heh.

I'd pretty much be repeating myself if I went over all the other pictures in detail. They're all very good though. Nice stuff ^_^[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Heh, I love Dr. Seuss. That never occured to me while I was painting, though.

Those fish were a lot of fun to paint. Very flowy and stuff, heh.

This picture...was the bane of my existence for several weeks. As an art assignment, we were supposed to choose an artist, write a paper about him, and emulate his style. I chose Andy Warhol, and...really disliked the assignment, although (had it not been an assignment) I enjoyed it.

So the chika in this picture is Yanamaria, a character I've posted some other pictures of. The smaller silhouettes in the background are "inspired by" Warhol's silk screens of soup cans and Marilyn Monroe (among others.)

Using acrylic to emulate the silk screening process really doesn't work. *rolls eyes*

In any case, I guess it turned out pretty well. Although I still dislike it...

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=544259[/IMG]

The dark lines you see are where I tried to piece together the multiple scans. It's about 18" x 18" on canvas.[/SIZE]

Ghostly and gothic are the first words that come to mind when I see that picture of Yanamaria. [quote]The smaller silhouettes in the background are "inspired by" Warhol's silk screens of soup cans and Marilyn Monroe (among others.)

Using acrylic to emulate the silk screening process really doesn't work. *rolls eyes*[/quote] *is lost in technical mumbo - but gets the jumbo* Whoa... Is there an [I]Art for Dummies[/I] book around? Anyway, I'm wondering what the clocks are for, and if it's part of the style or something you put in for a reason (or no reason).

The first pic of the girl is really well-done. I like it a lot. However, some of the recurring pics in the BG seem a little rushed (like the bottom-left-most one). Besides that, it's interesting. I think if you explained more about this guy's style, it'd be easier to make comments. As it stands, I like the big pic in the front, and don't understand the rest.

[size=1]Okay, heheh. I wasn't really entirely coherent, anyway.

Andy Warhol was an artist who did a lot of things with silk screens. It's basically a means to reproduce an image multiple times--like designs on T-shirts. [url=http://www.artdirectgallery.com/warhol%20marilyn%202.jpg]This is an example of his work[/url]. He took the picture of Marilyn, reproduced it a bunch of times with weird colors, and called it art. Well, you know.

His pictures weren't perfect; when something smudged, or a color faded or didn't go on all the way, he just left it. [url=http://www.warhol.org/interactive/silkscreen/main.html]This site will let you make an "online silk screen," if you want.[/url] Anyhoo, it explains the process pretty well.

I was using acrylic paint--as opposed to oil or watercolor. Acrylics are plastic-y. I was lacking equipment to do actual silk-screen stuff, so I just used stencils to make the silhouettes the same. It doesn't really look right, but it works for this picture.

The clocks were just another thing I threw in. Warhol said that everyone will have fifteen minutes of fame, so...there are fifteen clocks interspersed with the little pictures.

There you go. Hope that helped. ^_^[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]Ghostly and gothic are the first words that come to mind when I see that picture of Yanamaria.[/B][/QUOTE]

But there's so much color. O.o How could any self-respecting goth every associate themself with something that colorful? :cross: Most goths I've come across hide from the light of day.

I don't like to critique and/or comment on artwork, simply because I don't think I have the right sort of perspective to do so, considering there isn't much that I [I]don't[/I] like.

[strike]Except for all of your work, it's awful.[/strike]

Just kidding. :toothy: Truthfully, I love all of the pieces.

The Biyomon-ish picture is a delightfil reminder that some people still think about Digimon, but aren't raving n00bs. :p

I like the winter chika, simply because I like the winter chika. ^_^

I particularly like the taped-wing angel. There's just something about it that's very appealing. I get a very quiet, serene feeling when I see it. The eyes are great.

Silé and Espe aren't favorites of mine, but I like their faces. :p

Having seen Cardcaptors, I can say for sure that you made Sakura's head too round and her fingers thicker than they appear in the show. >_>

I like the multicolored fish, but I definately think that it'd be better if viewed in person; that is, not run through a scanner.

I like the Warhol piece because of the many colors around the outside, and then the single Yanamaria head in the middle. (Gee, that sounds an awful lot like a description of the picture, doesn't it? :p)

[SIZE=1]Teheh. Thankies, Ben. I appreciate your comments...[strike]riddled with sarcasm though they may be.[/strike] : p

I was going to post the picature I finished last night, but in the interest of chronologicality, here is another koi-fish depiction. This is straight out of my sketchbook, so...yes. Heh, I spent most of the day Tuesday drawing in the background...it was much more impressive before it got all smudged up. / Oh, well.
[/SIZE][IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=546928[/IMG]

[SIZE=1]Edit: It turned out...surprisingly nice. I like it, heh. ^_^[/SIZE]

See, I knew there had to be something clever with those clocks (referring to previous pic). Those are the kinds of subtleties you can really appreciate! The execution is interesting, but I don't like the concept all that much. I look at those websites, and it's a little freaky stuff. I never saw the point to the different hues because they always looked worse than the original. That's just me though.

Ben, I was referring to the original picture that's in the center (or about the center).

About the smudging... I assume youa re talking about the texture on the fish, which I actually like. That's a cool effect, I must say. It reminds me of those effects the T2's and beyond have when their hit, and that shiny silvery stuff all runs around. What I really like is how the BG accentuates its texture by being darker - gives off a glow thing. What I don't like, though, is how boring the BG seems.

[SIZE=1]I actually meant the background when I said it was smudged. It used to be a little more defined...like the pebbles in the right hand corners.

Oh, well, heh.

This is another picture, obviously. /

It's an older sketch that I decided to color. It ended up being something of an experiment with colored pencils, which I don't use that often. It was supposed to be blue and green, but I got a bit carried away, so it's a bit more colorful than that.

You can see the same wing concept as the angel I posted earlier. Seperate pieces. And it was originally supposed to be shorter, so the arms and legs seem disporportionate. (Actually, it looks really weird because it doesn't have elbows.)

And for lack of a better name, we shall call it Melpomene.[/SIZE]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=547649[/IMG]

Looks like you had fun coloring this picture, especially with how nice it came out. It's cool to be reminded that people can color inside the lines without a computer program. I really like the colors you picked for every area, including the blending areas.

The wing is a little odd, especially since he/she has one of them. I'm not fond of the design either.

I think what makes this picture first-rate is the coloring. I'm wondering if your other pictures will benefit such a boost of admiration with a wider array of light. Then again, I haven't seen the B&W version of this picture, but the colors are what catch my attention first, followed by the interesting eye design.

[SIZE=1]The one-wingedness is a bit odd, I guess. I tend to avoid drawing wings at the angle where the missing one should be. I guess...I know how it should look, so I just leave it alone, heh. And you're right, I can't even begin to tell you how much fun that was to color, heh. *grins*

Thas for all the comments, Azure. I really appreciate your taking the time to post.

This...well, this is just a picture I drew during art a year or two ago. It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but no one else seemed to notice. Then again, they aren't nearly as critical as the people here. :p

The original is...bigger. With more white space, but my scanner cropped quite a bit of it off. ...it looks better with the extra space around it. Ergh. All in all, I really dislike this image, heh... But it came up when I was in the chat this afternoon, so I thought I might as well post it. Just pretend it looks the way it's supposed to, and we'll be square.[/SIZE]

[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=550179]clickify it[/URL]

[quote]Thas for all the comments, Azure. I really appreciate your taking the time to post.[/quote] Meh, I'm just waiting for you to slip up and post something bad, so I can take revenge for [B][font=comic sans ms]something...[/font][/B]

Whoa, that's really scary! I can't begin to describe that picture!-but I will anyway. It looks semi-realistic, like you know it's fake, but it doesn't know it's fake or something. Really, the word for it is something along the lines of spooky.

You've got a gnack for eyes - I can say that much. The hair is really nice, and that little design on his face is very cool. The pose is very fitting with the feeling his face is giving off.

Now, for my one gripe: the hand on the right (the one that's cut off) doesn't seem as 3D-ish as the other hand. It seems a little cartoony compared with the other one, I'd say.

Overall, this artwork is really (REALLY) different from what you've shown us before. If that's what you mean by it not coming out the way you meant it too, then it's very obvious. However, if you were referring to quality, this is anything but lacking.

[COLOR=#503F86]Better late than never, I guess (for me, that is. I never actually posted after I said I was going to >.> Bad me.

Anyway, I like the style of the Gackt portrait. It reminds me a lot of some of the old black-and-white animations that used to be broadcast here a few years ago. It's odd that bits of it looks almost photographic (the lower part of the leatherish clothes, his hair), while the rest are very drawn.

I loves your art ^_^[/COLOR]