OtakuBoards

Xboxed

Brasil

O_o "[B]Do not[/B] be a hater?" Is this some kind of upperclassmen's banner that it needs proper english? It seemed so weird to read "Do not" instead of "Don't."

Nonetheless, this word needs to be spread, and the banner does sport the XBox style to boot.

*squints* PT must think he's an upperclassman...nobody writes the words "do not" anymore.
What the...? What's this? No grammer marks? Hm...
Well, that's a pretty spiffy banner, by my knowledge. My only suggestion would be to maybe put a faint picture of an Xbox in the background or somethin' (see, you wouldn't be able to put that, huh?), give it a little more element, or...something....
Hehe, do not....what a dork... ^^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PoisonTongue [/i]
[B]Haha, actually, AzureWolf, the Xbox font doesn't let me have apostrophes, quotation marks, etc. I had to improvise. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][font=century gothic][color=crimson]

I actually have an X Box font that has question marks and apostrophes, perhaps you just have an early beta version, anyhow, the font reminds me of the Spider-man font.

I like it's style. I like how the green text seems to be set in more than one dimension, the "X Box" sits behind the "hater phrase" quite well. gives depth.

I feel i could have had more, say, an X box faded in the background, so you could hardly see it but knew it was there, somebody already mentioned that.
[/size][/font][/color]

:toothy:

*Adds another reason to hate Xbox to his constantly growing list of reasons* The "XBOX" text in the background should be centered, it's more towards the top than it is towards the bottom, i'd reccomend changing that. After doing that i'd also suggest moving the other text "Do Not Be a Hater" to the center as well. And bleh someone else said add a faded Xbox picture... That sounds good as well, because the banner is too plain for my likings... Then again so is the Xbox =|.

Alex, you traitor... -snuffs...kicking dirt on the Damned Box-

Get the "newer" font from Shinji and change that around. You definitely loose the force behind the message with the overly proper wording, even if you didn't have control over it at the time.

But leave out the X-box picture in the background. I think this works just as well. ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Katana [/i]
[B]...nobody writes the words "do not" anymore.
Hehe, do not....what a dork... ^^ [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=333333]I do....not. See? No, seriously though...I find myself saying [i]do not[/i] instead of [i]don't[/i] quite a bit. Especially when I'm typing. : p

Heh, I really like it with the "do not," actually. Made me laugh.[/COLOR]

Geez. You're all so damn picky with the wording. Sheesh. This banner seems to be intended to be a command. How lax does 'Don't be a hater' sound, when compared to 'Do not be a hater' How much more forbidding does the latter sound eh? A lot more. More Arnie, less smarmy. I think it is good. However, it needs some definiton. The faded Xbox picture is a good idea, but I think you should have a white border within the banner. Or a faded green line. Within the banner, so it goes black border, green border, centre. I think that would be immensely effective and add necessary focus to the banner. Good piece. Love the font and the idea. Centering would be good as well

>.>
<.<

Viva le Xbox. Even though I don't have one.