OtakuBoards

[WIP] Gundam SEED Wallpaper

Hittokiri Zero

Here's a yet to be finished Gundam SEED wallpaper of Athrun Zala I have been working on. I'm kind of going against one of my own rules by using colors that aren't the same as the stock image, but only to a certain extent as the oranges you see were part of the original stock image I cut the Athrun image out of. I'm quite pleased as to how this is starting to shape out mainly because it took a great deal of time for me to remap and recreate parts of the body and hair of the stock image, and while at first I wasn't digging the airbrushing I had did i'm liking it more as time goes by. Oh well I'll attached the 800x600 version of the wall (so that it would actually fit the attachment limit -_-). The original wall that i'm still working on is 1280x960 so that it can be shrunken to suit a variety of low and high screen resolutions alike. Well any comments are appreciated... I just hope the airbrushing looks right on your PCs when your viewing it because my PC has a tendency to distort all the aibrushing I do when I save it as a jpeg =|.

*edit: shrinking the image might be making the airbrushing look toolish -_-. I honestly hope that it's not the case though and it's only my computer...*

Meh, I compliment since you all crying on aim. ;p

Anyways, back to the wallpaper, I love the colour for a start, you hardly ever see orange used in graphics. So thats a nice change. As always, the typography looks gorgeous. You always blend different fonts together and make them look so natural, I love that. The cleanliness of the character, also great, as always. The airbrushing, meh, looks kinda horrible, you should've left it with just the text like I said, the airbrushing just looks.....tacky? I dunno, I dont like it at any rate.

So yeah, the only thing letting it down is the poor airbrushing, but as you said, it might just be that you resized it, but I cant see that making too big of a difference. *shrug*

Hmmm... well on my PC I see all the different airbrush lines and where they fade into the background that is what is bothering me, but now that I look at the shrunken version I guess the only way to explain it is that all the airbrush and little big clumps of pixie dust look condensed... I'll have to post the full version sometime to get a general opinion. But if the airbrushing is looking that bleak, I guess i'll go back and rework the entire thing, or possibly try to airbrush a light atmosphereic feel into the background. The only thing with it just being orange without the airbrushing is that the big "ZAFT" text behind the Typo stands out more and looks ugly =|. So then that would mean I would have to remove that and even after repositioning the rest of the text the wallpaper just seems kind of bare then -_-. Well luckily it's a WIP so I can still take what you said into consideration.

I think it is fine as is. My only gripe is... no. Scratch that. I have none. I think this is superb. I love the character, I love the text, I love the airbrusihing. All superb. This is a masterpiece of work. I can not find anything wrong with it. Or anything that I find wrong. Excellent work here.

Aesthetics: 9.5/10
Technical: 9/10