OtakuBoards

-The Lord of the Rings 411-

Dragon Warrior

[QUOTE=Jokopoko][COLOR=TEAL][SIZE=1]From what I've read on websites the full will have an extra 50 minutes if not more and several important scenes have been put back in:

[SPOILER][list]
[*]Gandalf and Saruman talking at the beginning.
[*]Aragorn talking to Sauron when he is holding the Palantir.
[*]Gandalf Vs The Witch-King.
[*]Pippin searching for Merry on Pelennor now takes a whole day.
[*]Additions are made to the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.
[*]The Mouth of Sauron confronts Aragorn and Co and the Black Gate and shows them Frodos shirt.
[*]Frodo and Sam being forced to march with the Orcs while disguised.
[*]Faramir and Pippin talking after he becomes a Guard of Minas Tirith.
[*]Faramir and Eowyn in the house of healing.
[*]Extended scene for the Dead Army, from the point Aragorn says "What say you?".
[*]And many more besides.
[/list][/SPOILER]

And the model you get with the gift-set is Minas Tirith that can open up and store things, included with the gift-set is a token for a Minas Morgul model. All in all that is something to look forward to and I've already got mine pre-ordered :D 16 weeks and counting :-p[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]That sounds nothing short of excellent, when I saw RotR the first time around I was a little sad that they'd left out some of the more important scenes but this seems to repair that mistake. Though all those extra scenes will be for nothing if they don't include the more important scene of all "[b]The Scouring of the Shire[/b]", I was really looking forward to it in the film and was seriously disappointed they left it out. There's something about Hobbits going to war that seems both so cool and yet so funny, or perhaps I'm just a little strange...[/SIZE]

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I'll just be reviving this thread here... yep, yep...

The new LOTR: ROTK Extended Four-Disk Special Edition DVD Set comes out in a matter of weeks and it'll be teh sexah! Upon visiting the site ([URL=http://www.lordoftherings.net/]OMG, CLICKAGE![/URL]) I watched the awesome new trailer for it that you will [i]not[/i] see anywhere else. My favorite part would be the deleted scene they showed where the director Peter Jackson was dressed as a pirate and shot with an arrow. They had to take that scene out because he was in it. It was badazz. The deleted scene will be in the movie for this extended edition, though.

[spoiler]And it appears Sarumon shows himself in this movie. In the previous release of ROTK, he wasn't in it. From what the trailer shows, Gandalf visits him, but I'm not sure. I should really read the books.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Dragon Warrior][spoiler']And it appears Sarumon shows himself in this movie. In the previous release of ROTK, he wasn't in it. From what the trailer shows, Gandalf visits him, but I'm not sure. I should really read the books.[/spoiler][/quote]

[size=1]And I'll continue the reviving if you don't mind.

Saruman and Galdalf do have another talk, though in the books that occurs near the end of [B]The Two Towers[/B] as opposed to the beginning of [B]Return of the King[/b], well it's not so much a talk as a repeat of their first encounter. I'm not 100% on the accuracy of what happens as it's been ages since I read the book, something which I shall start again tonight. Anyway if memory serves Gandalf goes to get information from Saruman, the two have a bit of a fight, similar to their fight from FOTR except this time Galdalf being "The White" kicks Saruman's ***. I think that's what happened anyway, though I may be wrong, that said the Special Edition of ROTK should be sweet and if I had the money I'd get it.[/SIZE]

• 2 months later...
Yes, watching that trailer did show Sarumon a little pissed XD I'm only assuming they would chat, then quarrel, then battle like old fools.

As for me, I can't wait to sit and watch the 6 hours of behind the scenes shizzle on ROTK. That's what I [i]really[/i] buy them for. And my dad will always get them for me for Christmas, so I can't wait! Ooo, I'll have to watch the 12 hours on FOTR and TTT again first!

EDIT: Just bring 'er back around like I did with SW411.

An update on me... I got the ROTK 4-Disk set for Christmas like I said I would above. It's sweet as ever. But watching the footage makes me sad because I know that that will be the last footage I'll ever see because it's the end. God, I'm hoping for the Hobbit!

[spoiler]Oh, and your post just above mine, Kane... I'm sure you know by now, but for those who don't... Sarumon so gets the knife to the back. Frickin' sweet. His death is exciting, though a tad morbid.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE=Dragon Warrior]An update on me... I got the ROTK 4-Disk set for Christmas like I said I would above. It's sweet as ever. But watching the footage makes me sad because I know that that will be the last footage I'll ever see because it's the end. God, I'm hoping for the Hobbit!

[spoiler]Oh, and your post just above mine, Kane... I'm sure you know by now, but for those who don't... Sarumon so gets the knife to the back. Frickin' sweet. His death is exciting, though a tad morbid.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I haven't actually seen the Special Edition yet, although since buying them would be my only option I'm not really keen on buying a movie I'll only ever watch once or twice.

As per your spoiler bit Gavynn, [spoiler]I remember reading the way Saruman used treat Grima and wonder why the heck he was still loyal to him. But then I guess Saruman's final insult to finger him for Lotho's murder was just the final straw for Grima to kill him.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[COLOR=#B33D79][SIZE=1]Plus, [SPOILER]Saruman's just a shriveled piece of plum then and it's nigh impossible for him to return to power. Think Grima thought that he'll ascend to power with him so he stuck with Saruman.[/SPOILER] Poor wretch.

I still refuse to watch my copy of ROTK, not until The Hobbit's trailer shows up (which is probably [i]never[/i] *runs off to watch ROTK*)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

The behind-the-scenes stuff is amazing. I simply love it. But that's why I'm all sad-like because there's no more to watch :P If I was old enough to be in the film (since I want to be an actor), I'd so be attached to the production of that thing--that is, if I were in it :^D