Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I just watched this movie for the first time and i have a question about it. its about the ending, it ends just as Auska is about to do battle with the completed Evangelions right. so i want to know is this the very last scene of evangelion or is thier more movies/episodes showing us what happens where rebirth left off. Please im dieing to know!
Posted
It ends when Asuka is just about to do battle? I remember it going far beyond that, past even when she does do battle and [spoiler]gets owned deservedly[/spoiler].

It was a long time ago, but I KNOW that's not how it ends. There's quite a bit more.
Posted
[size=1] The very last ending scene is part of the movie [b] End of Evangelion[/b], so there's a lot more to see. :p Whether that's a good thing or not...

But anyways, I have a question myself. [spoiler] When Ritsuko's mother is choking Rei I, there's an extremely fast show of Kaworu's face during the whole thing. I was wondering why it happened/why it was placed in during that scene.[/spoiler][/size]
Posted
[color=indigo]Death and Rebirth does end with fragments of Asuka's battle, but it doesn't really delve into it. The whole point of Death and Rebirth was to recap the main plot lines of the story and hint at the final ending. I guess that the creators made Death and Rebirth because they felt that the series was complex enough to need a little extra validity before its finale. Personally Death and Rebirth actually helped me understand the point a little bit better and I doubt I would have gotten the gist of the show if I had not watched it....then again I am slower than the average bear.[/color]
Posted
[color=midnightblue]Death and Rebirth is considered to be the first Evangelion movie, even though I see it a little more like a clip show and an extended trailer for End of Evangelion. That was one DVD purchase I look back on and kind of frown upon..

But anyway, the Asuka battle is about halfway through End of Evangelion or so, then the whole [spoiler]crazy giant nude Rei apocalyptic[/spoiler] starts going.. Buying EoE is certainly worth it, if you like the Evangelion franchise at all.[/color]
[quote]
[i]maladjusted originally wrote:[/i]
[b]But anyways, I have a question myself. [spoiler]When Ritsuko's mother is choking Rei I, there's an extremely fast show of Kaworu's face during the whole thing. I was wondering why it happened/why it was placed in during that scene.[/spoiler][/b]
[/quote]
[color=midnightblue]Well,[/color][spoiler]Kaworu, the final angel, was supposed to be the angel of free will, correct? And that may very well be why he looks just like a human-- Many people believe that free will is what seperates humans from the rest of the earth's species. And, by her own free will, Ritsuko's mother murdered Rei I.[/spoiler]

[color=midnightblue]That's just something that popped into my head a few seconds ago.

Hope I helped.[/color]
Posted
[size=1] Interesting thought, but I don't understand how the [spoiler] killing of Rei I by Ritsuko's mother[/spoiler] really distinguishes itself from the actions by other characters in the anime. [spoiler] Maybe because it was her lover's..clone-thing? O_o.[/spoiler][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B][size=1] Interesting thought, but I don't understand how the [spoiler] killing of Rei I by Ritsuko's mother[/spoiler] really distinguishes itself from the actions by other characters in the anime. [spoiler] Maybe because it was her lover's..clone-thing? O_o.[/spoiler][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Well, I beleive that Ritsuko's mother killed Rei I out of jelousy and anger.

[spoiler]Remember in that episode that Rei was calling her to be an old hag and that she is worthless. And what mostly pissed her off was the fact that it was Gendo who said all those things, Rei I was only repeating them. She realized that Gendo was using her. Another thing is that she looks just like Yui, Shinji's mother, that she just couldn't handle it.[/spoiler][/color]
Posted
[size=1] True, but I don't think it really distinguishes itself from other actions that happenened in the series. [spoiler] I have no idea now...[/spoiler][/size]
Guest rttocs77
Posted
Death and Rebirth, in my opinion, did not really help add to the series. I thought it was a fantastic series, except the last few episodes. It just went into a jumbled mess, as did Death and Rebirth.
Posted
Death and Rebirth is pretty much a preview of EoE, the main reason it is on the shelves is because of the extras on the DVD. which is the only reason Eva fans bought it, if you care not for extras then you can give D&R a miss
Posted
ei one thing i know 4 sure is NGE is the greatest anime of all time
and 4 you to undersdtnad it you have to watch the entire series not only once but atleast twice
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[size=1][color=#3366CC] Watch the movie with the Directors commentary selected. It' a real eye opener. ^_^

For example, one of the things they explained in the commentary was [spoiler] Rei is Yuri Ikari, and this is why she has a bond with Gendo that no one else has, Gendo is seemingly distant from everyone except for Rei, and remember the tank? and how it was explained that All those Rei's were just empty shells with no soul. I believe that Rei Ayanami was Yuri Ikari. At least, that's what I gather.[/spoiler] -edit- forget this philosophy, i just read that [spoiler] Yuri's soul inhabits EVA unit 01,[/spoiler] so unless they cloned her soul....

Death and rebirth was okay, a lot of it is taken from the last episodes as a recap. The best part about Death and rebirth is the end of Evangelion preview. I'm going to love that movie. [/size][/color]Edit: loved the movie :toothy:
Posted
I've heard various theories about how Rei is Lilith's soul put into a shell. There have also been debates that Rei is what was left of Yui's body and parts of Lillith. The main argument for that is the fact that in EOE when Rei is floating in front of Lillith's body she says "I'm home", like the soul is returning to the body.
Posted
On second thought, there is another argument to support that. The evas were made out of Lillith's body, and Rei says in the early part of the series that she is "bonded" to her eva.

Another good question that's been around the argument table is who's soul is inside unit zero. Yui Ikari's soul is in unit one, and and Kyoko Soryu's soul is in unit two. Some people have speculated that it's the soul of Adam, but there is not much to support that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...