OtakuBoards

Official myOtaku Problems Thread

Charles

[color=#4B0082]That page is using CSS and JavaScript, and possibly an iframe to put the new page layout in. I'd have to look through the code more to see exactly what she did, but that could take a while.

It looks like you got the layout up on your page now, but the style settings look off. I think you need to change the tr.tborder {display: none;} style to just .tborder {display: none;} so that it affects everything with the class tborder.[/color]

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE]That page is using CSS and JavaScript, and possibly an iframe to put the new page layout in. I'd have to look through the code more to see exactly what she did, but that could take a while.

It looks like you got the layout up on your page now, but the style settings look off. I think you need to change the tr.tborder {display: none;} style to just .tborder {display: none;} so that it affects everything with the class tborder.
[/QUOTE]

Take as long as you need!And thanks for the trouble!I'm learning more as I go!

But when I take away the tr in the tr.border line,my layout goes away,and the background is just left.What excatly is the tr.tborder supposed to do?

[color=#4B0082]Well, since I copied and pasted your code into a new HTML page and it worked fine that way, I'm thinking that the layout isn't working on myOtaku because part of the original layout is interfering. Usually, setting all the elements of the original myOtaku layout to display:none should keep that from happening, so it seems like something was missed. And since the tborder class is applied to myOtaku's main layout table (on line 74), as well as tr tags, I thought that could be what was interfering.

I'll play around with the code and see if I can find out what's causing the problem.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Well, since I copied and pasted your code into a new HTML page and it worked fine that way, I'm thinking that the layout isn't working on myOtaku because part of the original layout is interfering. Usually, setting all the elements of the original myOtaku layout to display:none should keep that from happening, so it seems like something was missed. And since the tborder class is applied to myOtaku's main layout table (on line 74), as well as tr tags, I thought that could be what was interfering.

I'll play around with the code and see if I can find out what's causing the problem.[/color][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]It's not working cause their code is inside the .trborder classes, and thus affected by the display:none. Remember your code hierarchies, Des.[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]It's not working cause their code is inside the .trborder classes, and thus affected by the display:none. Remember your code hierarchies, Des.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote][color=#4B0082]Yeah, I just missed that at first. After taking a closer look I saw why.

Anyway, I fixed the code. The main problem was that the xmasweb2.jpg image needed an absolute position applied to it, to put it in the top-left corner of the page. Other than that, I put a closing font tag at the very start of the code, to keep a font size="2" tag in the myOtaku layout from being applied to your layout. And finally I applied the text-align:left; style to your content and navi divs, to override myOtaku's center alignment. That got it looking the same as your original code did when copied into a new HTML page, so I assume it's working as intended now.

I hope this works for you. :)[/color]

[code]

background="http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/kitsune-lass/bottom_02.jpg" align="left">

You can call me: Charlene

Birthday: February 5th, 1989

AIM Name: kitsune-lass

Yahoo Messanger: manga899

I havent posted in so ong,that ya'll have probably forgotten me!So sad!ButI have been busy with...things....*sneaky look*Find out what in the next paragraphs!!

Well,drama went well.We got 2nd place in sub-regions and 3rd in regions.We weren't THAT upset(meaning we didn't kill)about the 3rd,but who got first?Our rivals.....Columbus....Grr....But yea.The Yellow Boat is over...Now for the Wizard of Oz!!YEAH!!!POPPIES!!!!

My art is doing well.As soon as my computer stops acting up,I'll post some ok?And character sketches for my comic...I reall will....No,really.I will!!

Momo con!!!*runs in circles*Anime convention!!YEAH!!!!

HEY!!!Look!Link!!
Momo-con!!!

Link to the site of the convention!!

...Thats it.....guess I'll check ya'lls sites!Sayonara!!!!^^

This text scrolls every half second
[/code]

[quote name='kitsune899']Oh!And thats great!Just one last question!Do,I have to delete all my old posts to make the post still showing under my layout go away?Thanks![/quote]
I got the post to go away!But,I have a code to have the background repeat,so the layout will expand.However,it won't!Here is the part:[CODE]

background="http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/kitsune-lass/xmasweb2-2.jpg" align="left">[/CODE]^^Thanks you guys!Ya'll are awesome!!!

[color=#4B0082]The bottom_02.jpg image that you're using isn't wide enough to match up with the xmasweb2.jpg image, so it won't work for an expandable background. I went ahead and made a new image for it, which you can find [url=http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/74/bgng2.gif][u]here[/u][/url]. You can rename it to whatever you like, but you'll need to change the link to it in the code since I was just using it locally.

Also, instead of putting the background color and image as part of the body tag itself I set it them the head styles, along with the background-repeat:repeat-y; style.

Another little tweak I did was adding the overflow:auto; style to the content div. This way, if you want to specify a height for the div, a scroll bar will appear in it to let you scroll through the content inside. If you don't declare a height for the div it will just expand to make the page scroll as normal though.

New code:[/color]

[code]

I havent posted in so ong,that ya'll have probably forgotten me!So sad!ButI have been busy with...things....*sneaky look*Find out what in the next paragraphs!!

Well,drama went well.We got 2nd place in sub-regions and 3rd in regions.We weren't THAT upset(meaning we didn't kill)about the 3rd,but who got first?Our rivals.....Columbus....Grr....But yea.The Yellow Boat is over...Now for the Wizard of Oz!!YEAH!!!POPPIES!!!!

My art is doing well.As soon as my computer stops acting up,I'll post some ok?And character sketches for my comic...I reall will....No,really.I will!!

Momo con!!!*runs in circles*Anime convention!!YEAH!!!!

HEY!!!Look!Link!!
Momo-con!!!

Link to the site of the convention!!

...Thats it.....guess I'll check ya'lls sites!Sayonara!!!!^^

This text scrolls every half second
[/code]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]I have a question. My inbox keep sayingn I have three unread messages, and I know for sure that I don't. I went and deleted a lot of stuff, but it didn't change. I tried logging out and back in, but that didn't work either. Help!! :wigout: [/COLOR][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Well,my site looks good,but my comment box dissapeared!!What is the code to have your comment and archive show up?Here is my site:[URL=http://www.myotaku.com/users/kitsune-lass/]HERE[/URL]
Here is my code!
[CODE]

PM me to join!!Image hosted by Photobucket.com Ask HardLuckWoman to join!
Image hosting by Photobucket

$body$

Oh,that wonderful time of the year!!
[/CODE]
Thanks and sorry for the trouble!!*bows*

[color=#4B0082]Your post archives can be accessed at [url]http://www.myotaku.com/users/kitsune-lass/life/[/url] so you can just make a link to that page. But it's kind of messed up within your layout. Just offhand, though, I have no idea how to integrate the archives, comments, and permalink features with a layout like that. And I have a feeling it would take more time to figure out than I should spend on it during dead week before finals. I'll look into it if I have some extra time but I can't make any promises.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Your post archives can be accessed at [url]http://www.myotaku.com/users/kitsune-lass/life/[/url'] so you can just make a link to that page. But it's kind of messed up within your layout. Just offhand, though, I have no idea how to integrate the archives, comments, and permalink features with a layout like that. And I have a feeling it would take more time to figure out than I should spend on it during dead week before finals. I'll look into it if I have some extra time but I can't make any promises.[/color][/quote]
Thats no problem!!Take all the time you need!I'll keep working on it myself!!!Thanks! :D

[quote name='Anime Pet][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]If anyone can help me with my PM problem, I still have it. -_- [/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote][color=#4B0082]I'd love to help, but myOtaku and OtakuBoards are separate sites so I can't really do much. I think you'd have better luck by using the [url=http://www.theotaku.com/site/contact/][u]Contact Us[/u][/url] form on theOtaku.com.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Hmm. . . . Yeah, I do seem to remember this coming up before. It sounds like a back end problem, though, so I'm not sure that you'd be able to fix it from the user end. I would guess that some value in the database is wrong, causing it to display the new PMs message even though there aren't any, and would need to be corrected by an admin.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.[/color]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]I know this has been a problem in the past. There is nothing that can be done from the user end. Des is right, it can only be fixed by an admin. The only thing I can suggest is that you try to contact the staff at theOtaku again.[/color][/font]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][quote name='Anime Pet][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]Unfortunately, I have tried that, and no one has replied. :nope: I know we've had that problem before, so I was hoping someone on here would see and let me know how they fixed it. :help: [/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]I understand that most of the issues regarding Pm?s have been addressed. Just take a look here: [URL=http://www.myotaku.com/users/massin/posts/882307]massin[/URL] So you could be having phantom pm's due to the reasons listed in that post. If you know that the pm is suppose to be from someone you know then massin's the one to talk to since they deal with a lot of the technical issues over at theOtaku and myOtaku.

Hope that helps. ^_~ [/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
Guest THECHOCOCOA
[QUOTE=Kei][color=darkblue]It may depend on your webhost. Sometimes, your background won't show up, sometimes it will. They're iffy at times.

Go to Edit Profile and type the appropriate HTML code in your Introduction. The HTML code is as follows:

< body background="your image url here" width= -- height= -- >

It should work if you use that. Make sure to remove the spaces beside the open and close tags.[/color][/QUOTE]

could you please be more specific than that, im new to theotaku and idk what to do
:[

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]I have a problem with submitting wallpapers lately. I have a whole lot up, so I know that it works for me. Lately, though, they just won't show up. I'll wait a few days after I submit them, I don't go to the wallpaper section at all, my homepage, or anything like that, but they still aren't working. Is it just because they're crappy, or what?? I have a series I was doing, and at least one of the wallpapers that isn't working is from that series, so I didn't think it was because they were really bad.

Can anyone help?? :moron: [/COLOR][/FONT]

Email me the wallpaper that is getting denied and I can tell you why it is not getting approved. [email][email protected][/email]

Some wallpapers are denied because they are taken from other sites, contain images that are not official images from an anime or game (ie fan art from fan art websites like DA.), blurry images, inappropriate images (nudity, photographs), inappropriate text (foul language, messages of hate against race, religion, sexual preferences...), text that is difficult to read (blurry text, using a colored text over same color background) and collages of copy/paste images.

Those are the major reasons why wallpapers are denied. If you send me the piece you are concerned about I can be more specific.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]Thanks! I'll send you the last one in the series that I'm doing, since that's irritating me. But there's a whole bunch of different ones that aren't working. And a lot of wallpaper I see are taken from other images, or copies, but they're still up there, which is why I'm confused. But I'll send you the one, and see what's the matter. Thanks again. At least ONE will be looked at. :animeswea [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]The Otau site has been closing down on me lately. First it'll say that the server is unavailable or something related. Then, I'll be on looking at wallpapers or messaging or whatever, and the internet page will just close itself out. It doesn't do that for any of my other sites.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest Gray Wolf Tsume
ok so here's my problem: i made an acount but there's no backroom. the rest of the account works like i can submit artwork and all that jazz but i can't open my PMs and i don't have a site people can visit or anything like that. even when i log on, the page loads and still has the log in stuff but when i click on the link to theOtaku.com it says i'm logged in....what can i do to fix this? i can't delete it and make a new one because there's no backroom to delete it T-T can someone help me?

~Tsumeato~