Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Guest Mew Kagome
Posted
My friend yamisgirl has internet explorer 6 and she can't get past the page that says Vibrant is now live. I've had no probelms with firefox but when she asked I tried IE 7 and I got on once but for the most part it remains the same page saying Vibrant is up and running. I told her to clear her cashe and stuff but I don't know if she did but she says that she still can not get into the site. Is this a problem or is there something she can do?
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
[quote name='Mew Kagome']My friend yamisgirl has internet explorer 6 and she can't get past the page that says Vibrant is now live. I've had no probelms with firefox but when she asked I tried IE 7 and I got on once but for the most part it remains the same page saying Vibrant is up and running. I told her to clear her cashe and stuff but I don't know if she did but she says that she still can not get into the site. Is this a problem or is there something she can do?[/QUOTE]

I've had problems with both IE 6 and FireFox 2.0 getting past that update page too. I've been able to get intermittent access to the actual site, but it's a fight to stay on there for very long cause it eventually comes right back around to that page with the promo video on it and the message about the cache. I must have cleared the caches in both browsers fifty times or more tonight and I still randomly find myself not on the site, but on that update page, and once that comes up again, getting theotaku to load becomes a big problem.
Posted
[font=franklin gothic medium]This may not be an area that Adam regularly checks now that Justin is gone, but I will direct his attention here to keep track of ongoing issues.

Thanks guys.[/font]
Posted
[COLOR="Blue"]I love the new layout of theotaku, the vibrant version is beautiful. But where is the report button? If I see something offensive how am I supposed to report it?[/COLOR]
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest dragonadragon
Posted
otaku vibrant is confusing me to no end. how do you get to the page with your favorited works? i can add things to my favorites, but i don't know how to find them later. and, how do you delete works you don't want anymore? i accidentaly submited a wallpaper more than once and now i don't know how to delete the unwanted copies.
Posted
[quote name='dragonadragon']otaku vibrant is confusing me to no end. how do you get to the page with your favorited works? i can add things to my favorites, but i don't know how to find them later. and, how do you delete works you don't want anymore? i accidentaly submited a wallpaper more than once and now i don't know how to delete the unwanted copies.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Your question about favorites is answered in theOtaku's [url=http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/faq/view/187/where_are_my_favorited_works%3F/][u]Network FAQ[/u][/url]. You have to go to your portfolio, click the View All link on one of the categories, and there'll be a box showing how many of that type of work you've submitted, how many you've favorited, and how many drafts you have. Clicking on the number of favorites will show them to you.

To delete things, go to that submission's page and there should be an Edit button towards the bottom of the box showing its creation date, comments, and other stuff. Click that, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the "Delete Submission (Careful!)" option in the Submission Type drop-down menu. Then click the Share Your Masterpiece button.[/color]
  • 2 months later...
Guest minamimo
Posted
I'm pretty new to this site. But I have a problem with myotaku.
I've just joined myotaku and when I click the on button at edit profile and click save. It says it has updated it. So I go to my main page and it tells me it is still turned off! So when I go back to the profile, it says it's off?? I can't do anything at all with it. Or am I doing something wrong?

I remember joining about a year ago or 2, I had the exact same problem that I just gave up. But now I want to go on it, but I can't still, it is fustrating me. ToT Please anyone help.
  • 2 months later...
Posted
I have been having the same problem as minamimo
I only joined a week ago and I would like to run myotaku.

It tells me that my profile has been updated but when I look at my page nothing is there and when I go back to the edit profile it says its truned off and nothing is in the boxes I filled out.
Posted
[color=#4B0082]When you go to the Edit Profile page, have you made sure that the [b]Off or On?[/b] drop-down menu just above the introduction text box is set to On? If that's set to off then nothing else will work.[/color]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]Oh. ... I totally missed this before but, if you just joined a week ago then you can't create a myOtaku page. (I'm not sure why your page shows up at all; it should just give an error message when trying to view it.) myOtaku registration was closed when the newest version of theOtaku launched, to get people to use its new World blogs instead.

Sorry. If you want to make a World on theO, though, you can do so on [url=http://www.theotaku.com/backroom/worlds/][u]this page[/u][/url].[/color]
  • 5 months later...
Posted
yea...i've been looking around and i made a signature but mine isnt showing. I looked for the "show signature" tab that we're supposed to have in every post..but i cant find it v.v help please?
  • 5 months later...
Guest dizzy2001
Posted
are you guys having some sort of server problems? I'm trying to access theotaku.com and it keeps on saying that "we'll be back soon" or something of that nature.
Posted
[quote name='dizzy2001']are you guys having some sort of server problems? I'm trying to access theotaku.com and it keeps on saying that "we'll be back soon" or something of that nature.[/quote]Not that I'm aware of. Perhaps they were working on something, either way, everything is working just fine now.
Guest dizzy2001
Posted
oh wow. it still says:

"We are having major server issues right now so some site functions are unavailable. We do not have an estimated time of repair. Sorry!!"

on my side, and I have 3 different computers here. I even tried turming off the anti-virus/internet suite on my computer and it still doesn't work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...