OtakuBoards

Fable

Guest The_BE-BOP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Lrb][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1]I totally agree with Hatake there. This game is one of the best games for XBOX in my opinion. I rented it and in the 3 1/2 days I had it, beat it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

-Lrb[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]You know. . I just wanted to say that if you beat it in 3 1/2 days, then it being the best game for X-Box really doesn't say much for the rest of their games, lol.

Seriously, I enjoyed the game, I thought it just really seemed 'unfinished' . . yes, I know all about the taking out of a dragon encounter, and a weapon called the Singing Sword that wasn't put into the game, but I really felt that this game could have used a lot more. . customization.

Sure it was cool that your character could be good or evil, but you couldn't really customize him as much as I was hoping. No eye or hair colors? - I guess it was dependant on how your character was developed (magic, your hair would turn white'ish, physical, you would keep dark hair) . . something like that.

Owning a town is pretty cool, and marraige was a cool little touch, but what did it really do for you? Got you some money if you owned houses/shops/towns, and marraige sometimes led to a gift here and there. . I would have loved to see town allignments. . like maybe they would dedicate a shrine to you if you did quests for them or something? . .

I could go on for a while, but I haven't really collected all my thoughts on this. I traded in a bunch of games/few systems to get a downpayment on two copies of Halo 2, Pikmin 2, X-Box Live, and Fable and Star Wars: Battlefront . . . I think Fable was a good game, but it just needed more work. I mean, these guys took 4 years to complete, and THIS is their finished product? I had random stoppage in the game, it would freeze some times for no reason, some of the group fights were more difficult then I had with the boss fights. Am I the only one that thinks a BOSS character should be. . tough?

I give it 2 out of 5. . definitely rent it, or buy it if you REALLY want it, and have a bunch of in-store credit ^_^ (oh yeah, I heard they are coming out with a download - Fable 1.5 - to put in some more of the missing content. . Whatever though, might have decided to put in X-Box Live by then) [/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
I think fable is awsome game. The graphics are unbelievable. I have all my stats maxed out already. The only bad thing is that it is too short and a little too easy. Besides that, it is one of the best rpg's i have ever played. o wht do you think? So tell me 1-10 1 being bad and 10 being awsome, i give it a 9, how about you? :D

[color=#4B0082]Merged this with the original Fable thread. Please read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37270][u]How to Post in Play It[/u][/url] sticky thread for details on posting new threads in this forum. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

I thought the game was a lot of fun too. Surprisngly, I found the conversations and all the little quirks really amusing. I would say that I have to give it a 8/10... I would give it a 9/10 if I was abke to beat that apprentice's time in the race to the demon door.

Sadly Fable is a short game but there is 3 ways to beat it. #1: beat it as pure evil, you will have horn sticking out of your head, this is the easiest way to beat it. #2: beat it as pure good, you will have a halo above your head, this is the 2nd hardest to beat. #3: beat it as neutral, haven't beaten it this way yet so I don't know what you look like I think you just look norma, this is the hardest to beat it as,l it's between good and evil, very hard to balance it out just right. The evil is easier than good because when your evil and you need money, you can just steel it, a good person could do it too, but that person would have to eat 1 tofu each steal to balance it out.

• 2 months later...
i think that fable is one of the best games made yet. There's almost no limit what you can do in that game. you can kill any one that you want. you can steal things, kick chicken's (which i think that is very amusing to do). but the gameplay is awsome. the graphicsare also, incredible. i love the fact that you can be evil/good and u can choose to do so.And when you are evil, you have horns, flie's, and fire, and when your good, you have a halo, and butterflies.

• 5 months later...
Guest Detox
[size=1][color=black]Alright, so I'm pretty good at Fable. I've defeated the Kraken, the undead, the Scorpion King, Maze... Then I had to face Jack of Blades. I didn't think it'd be that big of a deal, but boy was I wrong. I haven't been able to defeat him yet,and I've tried more times than I can count.

Anyone have any ideas that could help me out? Usually I don't ask for aid in video games, but this one has me stumped.[/size][/color]

Well Ive beat the game but I forgot exactly how to beat Jack but I do remember you have to take down his summons before you can damage him. Also heres a Tip if you want to play after you beat jack you have to let the credits finish it takes about 20 minutes of credits but youll get some extra stuff.

You're joking, right? Jack of Blades was easy! Do your stats really suck or something?

Raise your strength and accuracy, get some decent equipment, cut him when he's on the ground, and shoot him when he's not. If you're really getting your *** handed to you, bring some potions next time.