Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Where do You live?


Recommended Posts

Posted
What country/city do you live in? I know, every member has a location tag, but people either don't take it seriously, can't spell the words right, or leave it blank.

For example I live in Saudi Arabia. No, I don't have to dodge bombs every day. In fact, I've lived here for two yearsand have never witnessed a terrorist attack before. 2 years earlier I lived in the United States.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
USA! All The Way! *ahem* anyway...

I'm in Missouri, St. Louis to be exact. What's it like in Saudi Arabia?

Come to think of it, Japan is probably a lot better than us, because they [I]are[/I] the leading country in technology...
Posted
It's not so bad there, but it takes a while to adjust to the new culture. It took me a whole month. And the climate is pretty hot/humid. it is a desert, after all.
Posted
I've spend about 90 percent of my life in Bel Air, MAryland. But i'd rather have your heat than the cold over here...to freezing and all.

Its good to see that you've adapted to your new surroundings and all.
Posted
I couldn't stand living in a place that is cold alot...because I am used to the good ol Melbourne weather..but sometimes it gets pretty damn cold here too:D But mostly its not too bad, its either warm or boiling:D hehe
Posted
the extreme temperatures suck groin, especially humid heat. my dad almost applied for a job over there in saudi...

we have been in seoul korea for like 2 months now. the high temp during the day is usually low forties, an we came from sothern california ^^;
Posted
[size=1] I live in Atlanta, Georgia and it's freezing. Cold. Really low temperatures. I lived in Las Vegas until I was ten and the temperatures there never go below like, 48... But...here it's really....cold. Another thing about those differences is that it's too green in Georgia. There's like, no trees in Las Vegas...a couple of sticks planted in the ground along the SIDEWALKS and some palm trees every which where, but that's it. And I like it that way. Easier to see. Lol. [/size]
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]I live in the US, in Georgia. More specifically, Athens, GA. I attend college here at UGA. It's beautiful here and downtown is pretty nifty, but there are a TON of bars. And well, I'm 2 hours from home and 3 hours from Ryan. But I do like living here on my own. The whole college town atmosphere is really nice. ^^[/color][/size]
Posted
[size=1][color=chocolate]I live in the US, Baltimore, Maryland. It's really not bad weather here, although it is cold. That is, if you spend all of your time in a cold basement. O_o

Hm, Asuka, sounds great. Unfortunately, I'm an eleven year old kid who likes beer and about any other alchoholic drink. O_o[/size][/color]
Posted
[color=blue]I live in the igloo that i just built in my backyard!
Heh, Western New York, approximately 6 hours from Manhattan, so no I didn't see the ball drop!
I'm a native New Yorker, but I lived in TX until NOV!
Ft.Hood/Killeen really really sucks. Most miliatary towns do.
The fact that Ft. Carson is situated outside of Las Vegas doesn't count!
Anyways, I have to go insulate my igloo! Byee![/color]
Posted
I live in Illinois... In the middle of a few corn fields. That's pretty much it. And I'm not allowed to leave for college. I'm going to have to commute. Damn. I just want away from here. Is four years in the city too much to ask? Oh well, that's a long way off.
Posted
[color=navy]I live in Vestaburg, Michigan, USA.

It's a very small town and I just moved there over the summer with my mom to her boyfriends house. I now go to school there and I am pretty much the smartest kid in the 7th grade probably.

My hometown is Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. My dad lives just outside of Mt. Pleasant and I visit him on the weekends to hang out with him, play video games with him, and to get on the internet while he plays video games.

I like Michigan, it's a state with a mixture of cold and hot weather. I would never want to leave it.[/color]
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]I happen to live in Iowa. I live in a very small town called Cherokee, not many people have heard of it, I know. :p It's very boring here, like normal small towns. It's cold tonight, but I perfer cold places, so I guess I fit well for winter. *shrugs* Lol, whatever.
I guess I like small towns though, not so noisey, crouded, and polluted. Plus, then you normally live by all your friends unless they live in the country. It's good that I live by my friends, seeing to I do alot of things with them.[/color][/size]
Posted
I live in the good ole New - Zea of Land! (uh, sucky pun)

Christchurch, New Zealand, in fact. One of the most beautiful towns in the world!
I like living here, I once thought living in New York would be so much better, however, given my recent burst of Cantabrian pride, and the fact that some pretty nasty stuff is happening abroad. I'm very happy to call Christchurch home, awlays have, and always will.

We have it so good here.
Posted
I live in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains in southern Ohio. Pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Here's a pic:
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=541766[/img]
Posted
I live in Atlanta,Georgia it is kinda cool all the here but hey I call it home now.
Posted
[color=indigo][size=1][font=century]Most military towns don't suck; I should know...

Currently, I live in Brandon, Florida. I've lived here for a while, and I think i'm ready to leave. I'm a military brat, and I'm not used to living in the same place more than two years....Good thing I graduate soon.[/color][/font][/size]
Posted
I currently live in Spokane, Washington, USA. It is alright, though....a bit boring. At least I have a rock climbing center downtown, a bunch of ski resorts near here and also an awesome skate park too.
Posted
I live in Rochester, New York which is the city inbetween Buffalo and Syracuse. Rochester is famous for Kodak and Xerox and thats about it. I've lived her since I was born and I am now attending college here. GIVE IT UP FOR UPSTATE NEW YORK!
Posted
I live in Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
I remember some guy in USA thought that Quebec was where there were all these igloos, and inuits chasing polar bears. But Its NOT like that. its great
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathBug [/i]
[B][color=indigo][size=1][font=century]Most military towns don't suck; I should know...
[/color][/font][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=violet]I lived in Killeen,TX (Ft.Hood) North of Austin for over a year and I've been to Watertown, NY (FT. Drum) and Kent,WA (Ft.Lewis) as well, I'm sure I can tell if a military town generally sucks or not. Ft.Lewis's selling point is Seattle atleast and Nellis AFB (yeah, I said carson before, and I'll fix that!) is Las Vegas which i said before doesn't count because Las Vegas doesn't need the Air Force to survuve just like Seattle doesn't need Lewis to sustain it's job force. I don't know about Ft.Carson since I've never been to CO, but I've seen a map of the area and there aren't a heck of a lot of cities. Same with Ft. Huachucka (or however you spell the place in AZ) Ft.Gordon doesn't count because it's located in Augusta,GA which is a decent sized city-even if the airport only has two gates out in the open.
Of course, maybe it's just the fact that Killeen and Watertown are so small. I'm from Rochester, NY just like Krippled!
That's right, Represent![/color]
Posted
[color=indigo][font=century][size=1]I've lived on Fort Brag, Georgia, and on MacDill in Tampa, Florida. Iv'e aso lived in three different military bases in Germany, where the only English-speaking establishments were the military base itself. It may simply be a difference of opinion, but I thought they were pretty spiffy places to live,m yself.[/size][/color][/font]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...