OtakuBoards

Opinion.....

Transtic Nerve

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Zanza is right, it's up to the individual to decide. Art is all bases on the viewer. However, if you have no knowledge in art, or art history you really don't know what to expect. Art to you might just be some painting in the Sistine Chapel, while art to those who have studied art history and know that art is all in the meaning and is not what is actually shown.

Anyway, i don't see how this is sick. Just because what? Two guys? Would you feel the same if it were two girls? Anyway, it's your opinion, and whatever you say doesn't really matter, it's not sick to me, never will be, and it's a pure form of art.

I'm surprised no one's posted much on the fact I'm Bi..... shall be a first

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Well Zanza is right, it's up to the individual to decide. Art is all bases on the viewer. However, if you have no knowledge in art, or art history you really don't know what to expect. Art to you might just be some painting in the Sistine Chapel, while art to those who have studied art history and know that art is all in the meaning and is not what is actually shown.

Anyway, i don't see how this is sick. Just because what? Two guys? Would you feel the same if it were two girls? Anyway, it's your opinion, and whatever you say doesn't really matter, it's not sick to me, never will be, and it's a pure form of art.

I'm surprised no one's posted much on the fact I'm Bi..... shall be a first [/B][/QUOTE]

bisexual its in your sig...

[color=indigo]I think that Transtic is very bold for embracing his sexuality publically.

I also think that [i]most[/i] people here have been pretty mature about this. I mean, to view that picture as sexual, I think it means that you're missing the point.

I did photography classes for two years during senior high school and it really opens your mind. You can learn to look at an image and read into it...and think about every aspect of its message.

I think that, as BabyGirl said, any picture which shows love and compassion has a lot of power...regardless of the sex of the people in the photo.

I remember last year when some of my friends were doing art classes...and they had to do a unit on life drawing (in other words, drawing naked people). At first their subject was a woman...and everyone was fine with that...

and then about three weeks later, the school hired a guy as the model for the art class. And I didn't even consider it an issue, but some guys in the class actually [i]didn't[/i] attend because it was a guy! lol

The thought of worrying about the sex of the subject never even crossed my mind...

Although I think that the people who complain about sexuality are the people who are also the most unsure and uncomfortable about their own sexuality, so it kind of hits close to home for them.

That's definitely something to think about :)

Wow, I feel like a grandpa telling stories to his grandkids lol [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B]It's, ummmmm... interesting! Lol.. but I put it down as art. If it was made for sexual purposes theyd be showing more than the waist up [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah. This pis comes from a photobook. Gackt has... 2 or 3 photobooks. Each picture of himself in an artistic manner. Flower fields, on a bed, outside, etc.... theres nothing of him just standing there as if he was taking a regular picture. It's all art and he IS very artistic. He takes showers weird too 0-0; I was watching an interview with him by these two guys at Utaban and he was just telling jokes and talking about how he learned to take showers and washe his hair from the movie The Matrix (he bends back like Neo when he was dodging the bullets) he's weird to say the least. Very odd childhood too.

Alot of J-Rock stars have photoalbums out. Even Hakuei, of my favorite band, Penicillin, has a nude photoalbum out. (I'm yet to find it -_-) but from what I've seen he doesn't show any type of sexual manner.... he's not masturbating or something.... he's just being artfull with his body, and the body being the most artful thing, it's natural, if one wants to convey a more artsy look, to be nude....

[B]Yeah. This pis comes from a photobook. Gackt has... 2 or 3 photobooks. Each picture of himself in an artistic manner. Flower fields, on a bed, outside, etc.... theres nothing of him just standing there as if he was taking a regular picture. It's all art and he IS very artistic. He takes showers weird too 0-0; I was watching an interview with him by these two guys at Utaban and he was just telling jokes and talking about how he learned to take showers and washe his hair from the movie The Matrix (he bends back like Neo when he was dodging the bullets) he's weird to say the least. Very odd childhood too.

Alot of J-Rock stars have photoalbums out. Even Hakuei, of my favorite band, Penicillin, has a nude photoalbum out. (I'm yet to find it -_-) but from what I've seen he doesn't show any type of sexual manner.... he's not masturbating or something.... he's just being artfull with his body, and the body being the most artful thing, it's natural, if one wants to convey a more artsy look, to be nude.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, Japanese ppl are weird! Lol :D You just don't get that here in the U.S. Well, you do.. but it's not art, or at least not meant to be.. The Matrix huh? That's pretty odd.. I'll hafta try that sometime.. I can do that whole bending back thing, but I've never tried it in the shower, haha. Very odd indeed, yet somehow, almost intriguing(sp?)

I've actually been trying that position in the shower lately and it works pretty well, I guess. Plus it's good for stretching your back and such.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B]You just gotta make sure you dont lose your footing!.. That would hurt.. [/B][/QUOTE]

But I could sue Gackt for a lotta money... I'm a young, impressionable little boy, he shouldn't be giving me such ideas :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zanza [/i]
[B]

But I could sue Gackt for a lotta money... I'm a young, impressionable little boy, he shouldn't be giving me such ideas :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Nonsense! His actions might even teach you some techniques and manouvers...

...:confused: Did I just say that? I seriously need to get some sleep now...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zanza [/i]
[B]

But I could sue Gackt for a lotta money... I'm a young, impressionable little boy, he shouldn't be giving me such ideas :) [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, but you won't hahaha.... He would just give you that "what the hell?" look, like the grocery people do when he's searching for the "hidden meat" hahahaha

This like many other issues is mainly an opinion by one based on their morality. Some may consider it art, others tastless trash. I for one dont see it as art but no one kknows what art is. Throwing a bucket of paint on a canvas and calling it art is common and people will stare at the painting for hours.

I do not care to much for it cause based on my religion and beliefs nudity and such is wrong no matter the cause. Im not saying the guys are homosexual but if thats intended by the pic then thats wrong as well.

True, their not nude in the pic but I am just stating that.

No need for a big argument these are simply my beliefs. Like I previously said, its mainly a moral issue. Some may find it perfectly fine based on their beliefs others may not.

I dont really find it as art, but I dont see it the way manny people do. So I guess I partially agree and partially dont. Well maybe I can decide on something later.

I don't have a problem with it.

I sort of surprised myself when I realized that. I mean, I'm a [I]Lutheran[/I] for crying out loud....Ever since I can remember, I've been brainwashed into making the distinction between right and wrong....Or what people told me was right and wrong.

But it doesn't bother me. You are what you are. And, I guess...so is everyone.

Transtic, don't let these kids mess with your mind! Nah, I am just playing man! You're a cool guy and if someone disagrees with who you really are, then they're just a bunch of punks.. I have some friends who are lesbians and bisexuals.. If someone can't look past your choice of who you like.. then... I don't know... but whatever... I really don't care if you're a bi..homosexual.. or straight. If you're a nice person,caring,and so on.. I'll like you for you.. (friend wise) But oh well.. I am straight...

Oh and about that picture.. it's a mix between art and sexuality. Most of the GOOD art is most likely sexual. Most of them are nude women and men,together.. Or males and males together.. you get the point!

[B]Well I hope no one has that big a problem with it, cause It's who I am....

I know some of you disagree with it for religious or whatever reasons, thats fine, but if you can just accept it's the way I am, I don't care. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I don't mind it at all, though I wish people would just say it from the start. If it's who they are it's nothing to be ashamed of.. when I read that you are bisexual I was just like 'Really??!?!?'. I never would have thought that you were bisexual.. I find more and more people every day that I know (personally or otherwise) that have a different sexual preference. At first it kinda shocks me cuase I never would have expected it from them, but then it just goes on as it always has...[/SIZE]