Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Oh, what's this? Another banner...


Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]Hey! ^^ Today I have another banner for you! *hears crickets in the background... otherwise total silence* Eh....
Anyway, I made this Trigun banner last night while I was playing around with Adobe. I think it's rather interesting. That bass relief sure does put on an interesting effect!
Well, I'm open for comments and suggestions! Enjoy!(I have now only noticed that I say that everytime.... I need a new word...)[/color][/size]
Posted
*is freaking out* What is that horrible white smear across there? Where is the border? Aarrrggh!

Basically, this could be drastically improved upon. It needs a border. I don't think that 'bass relief' looks good in any sense of the word. It looks pretty damn bad, sorry to say. The banner would have been good with a border and without the bass relief. Show us it with/out both of those things. I could almost guarantee it would look much better. Sorry for the whole nasty Simon Cowelledness of this review, but compared to your last magnificent piece, this is a bit of a let-down.

Aesthetics: 4/10
Technical: 6/10

Nice cropping at least. Heh.
Posted
I liked the Banner. I looked at it for quite some time seeing what you did with it. it looks like you did a fair bit of work to finish this banner. I give you an 8/10 for Effort and good work!;)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]*is freaking out* What is that horrible white smear across there? Where is the border? Aarrrggh!

Basically, this could be drastically improved upon. It needs a border. I don't think that 'bass relief' looks good in any sense of the word. It looks pretty damn bad, sorry to say. The banner would have been good with a border and without the bass relief. Show us it with/out both of those things. I could almost guarantee it would look much better. Sorry for the whole nasty Simon Cowelledness of this review, but compared to your last magnificent piece, this is a bit of a let-down.

Aesthetics: 4/10
Technical: 6/10

Nice cropping at least. Heh. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=darkblue]Yeah, I know. ^^;; I do have a border though... it's just skinny and white. But thanks for telling me what you think, your post actually made me wake up and see what I did. Man... I must have been really out of it when I made that.
Well, I hope you guys like this one better. It's an Ivy banner from Soul Calibur 2 I made a few days ago. I think this one is alright. The border looks more in place since it blends in with the banner. I did that by simply feathering it a bit. Heheh, I like the eyes...
Anyway, here you go! ^^[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]*is freaking out* What is that horrible white smear across there? Where is the border? Aarrrggh!

Basically, this could be drastically improved upon. It needs a border. I don't think that 'bass relief' looks good in any sense of the word. It looks pretty damn bad, sorry to say. The banner would have been good with a border and without the bass relief. Show us it with/out both of those things. I could almost guarantee it would look much better. Sorry for the whole nasty Simon Cowelledness of this review, but compared to your last magnificent piece, this is a bit of a let-down.

Aesthetics: 4/10
Technical: 6/10

Nice cropping at least. Heh. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=033333]My thoughts exactly. Sorry but the white smear and no-border is a total let-down compared to your other awsome work. Heh.

Like I said this is a really big downer and I think it could use a bit of work. The border should be able to be seen by the naked eye though, otherwise it's not much of a border. ^^'

[b]White borders on white background does not mix[/b]

Now it's rating time.

[b][u]Banner/Conna_da_fox/trigun banner[/u]
Rating:[/b] 3/10

I don't know about anyone else but the picture just doesn't seem to match the background.[/color]
Posted
This Ivy one isn't too bad. It gives it an interesting button style effect by having it embossed. The stock is clear and high quality... that slashy purple overlay/effect looks awesome... overall, a lot better than your last one. However, your text is too understated. It needs to stand out. Perhaps a different colour, and a newer, flashier font would work well, and maybe some form of defintion behind the text- a spot of airbrushing or something like that.

It would just cap this banner off I feel.

Aesthetics: 7.5/10
Technical: 7/10

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...