Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Punk/Rock Music


Recommended Posts

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aya [/i]
[B]

You don't like punk or ska at all, ya poopyface. :( *cries with Dr. Frank* [/B][/QUOTE]

Not true! I like Ska... thats about it though.... not alot of Ska... Punk I don't like... but I don't listen to American Punk either.... I just don't like the genre in a whole... however I think they are very much musically and fansionably talented and artistic :)

You can cry with Kyo! Kyo is spiffy clean since that bath we gave him.... isn't that right Kyo? *Kyo has a big grin on his face as he nods* heh ^_^;;
Posted
Sum41 is kizzo
But sysem of a down They phat but i cant get they lyrix(for chop suey)
the only lyrics i could get was
WHy u leave ur keys up on the table U wanted to
And I dont think u trust In my self-fargilsness so why should I cry when angels deserve to dieeeyie.
Posted
I pity you so i gonna give u a cuple of cd's
GENUWINE
JAGGED EDGE
SUM41
TOXICITY
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Not true! I like Ska... thats about it though.... not alot of Ska... Punk I don't like... but I don't listen to American Punk either.... I just don't like the genre in a whole... however I think they are very much musically and fansionably talented and artistic :)

You can cry with Kyo! Kyo is spiffy clean since that bath we gave him.... isn't that right Kyo? *Kyo has a big grin on his face as he nods* heh ^_^;; [/B][/QUOTE]

So, what, you aren't one of the million THAT HATE THE HORNS IN SKA?! ;_; Ska is so much fun! And so is punk, so poo to you. :( I'm crying with Dr. Frank because you insulted punk music, AND THE MR. T EXPERIENCE IS THE COOLEST POPPUNK BAND EVER!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! ..er...I love Doc, but I love Kyo too...since Kyo's nice and clean now ^_~
Guest Master O Beans
Posted
Baahahaha! I feel like such a moron...(perhaps I should go back on forte's moron list...hehe, jk.)

Anyhoo, I have seen "J-ROCK" and whatever come up in several other threads and always thought it was the name of a band...then finally tonight it clicked...ugh...Heh...I'm slow sometimes :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]Yep, Linkin Park, Sum41, Blink182, P.O.D, and Incubus all rock the house. Who's with me? [/B][/QUOTE]

YEAH ROCK ON!! But don't forget AC/DC and Ozzy
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MysticGohan [/i]
[B][size=1][color=royalblue] Well, all I want to know is what's your definition of "punk"? Blink and Sum 41 are just OK. I do like Mudvayne alot.. I also like The Get Up Kids and Saves The Day. And also, Reggie and The Full Effect. The Ataris are pretty good as well.

At this moment, I am liking most of the "emo" music. The Get Up Kids falls in this group too and so do some of Saves The Day's songs. Dashboard Confessionals is really good. Well, there you have it.. MG's amazing list of punk and emo "jams"[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]There is no set definition to the term "punk". But when it comes to the music, it's obvious, what bands are and what bands aren't punk. If you compare Blink and Sum41 to the "old school" punk bands like The Ramones or the Sex Pistols, the difference is obvious. Mudvayn isn't even punk so I don't know where they came in to what you were saying. Emo is good. I don't listen to it often, I have to be in the mood to, ya now?[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Some of you should check out Janne da Arc.... it's be hard rock music :) .... Like "Junky Walker" for example... now go and download it.... you will be plesently surprised I garauntee it [/B][/QUOTE]

OMG! I just downloaded that song and it's SO GOOD! ^_^ I think I really like Janne Da Arc now too ^_^ What other songs do you like by them??
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by white out [/i]
[B]

OMG! I just downloaded that song and it's SO GOOD! ^_^ I think I really like Janne Da Arc now too ^_^ What other songs do you like by them?? [/B][/QUOTE]

Allow me to walk away snickering. *does so*:rolleyes:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]it's obvious, what bands are and what bands aren't punk. If you compare Blink and Sum41 to the "old school" punk bands like The Ramones or the Sex Pistols, the difference is obvious.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Does that mean Britney Spears is not pop because he does not sound like Perry Como?
Posted
Perry Whozzit? *head explodes*

Punk has a gazillion subgenres, so you really can't say they have to sound like the Ramones. O_o; Anyway... I think people debate this a little too much. Let people do what they love and get over it. >_<

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...