Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Since when is there christian rap???? I always thought that rap was dispised from religious cultures because of such profanities.. o well. I was mistaken.
Posted
[color=violet]Once, a very long time ago, my cousin and I found a CD that had Kitty Christian rap on it. Don't ask!
This CD probably came from my grandma Donnelly. I think this because she once gave my brother a book about Santa Clause and Jesus as a Christmas present. You haven't been disturbed until you mix Jesus with Santa Clause. *shudders*[/color]
Posted
In answer to Xyanders post, there are a lot of christians who condemn rap 'cuz of the few jerks who preform it. More christians (myself included) know you can't condemn an entire art form just 'cuz of a few foulmouthed losers.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Xyandar [/i]
[B]Since when is there christian rap???? I always thought that rap was dispised from religious cultures because of such profanities.. o well. I was mistaken. [/B][/QUOTE]

That's such a single-minded grasp of rap/hip hop that I wonder how you can even make comments on the subject. How could you decide you hate rap in that "annoying music" thread when you apparently don't even know what's out there? lol

In any case, Christian Rap has been around for quite awhile. Rap itself isn't any set theme or content label, it's how the music is performed. How it sounds.

That said, I'm not familiar with any Christian Rap bands. Some rock like Jars of Clay, Plumb and so forth... but that's about it.
Posted
I like Christian rap...Although I've only heard Toby Mac. I go to a parochial school and we listened to it in Theology class. I love "Irene" It's my favorite song!
Posted
Irene rocks righteously!
I've always been a tobymac fan, I loved him in DC talk (even back when they rapped *gasp*!) and I love him now.
Whether of not I like Christian Rap depends a lot on what style, as well. xtreme Hip-hop/Gangsta(how few there are) is too intense my liking, but I tend to like the rocky-er forms of it (like thousand foot krutch and pax217) and the more smooth styles (aka tobymac, john reuben, KJ52...sometimes, etc)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...