OtakuBoards

First Person Shooter Gaming Extravaganza!

Turkey

Well, I've been messing around with all the tasty features of Blender, making characters and stuff. Well, here's something I haven't seen yet.

Basically, I am creating a FPS mock-up. The main character is Demon Azut (from the my older Meditation scene). I want to try at least an animation with this. Of course, if I manage to, I'd also like to make a little game.

So, what could I do to make it look more FPS-like?

You could make more of an environment rather than a tunnel. The 'Monsters' aren't too great looking either. Heh. The HUD could have more parts, and be more interesting. Look at the UT2003 HUD or any other FPS ones. They show weapons, health, armour, ammo. Lots of things. Lots [i]more[/i] things. Maybe have a map of the level. The main things are the HUD and the environment though. I am impressed- I could never do something like this. However, I must also pick it apart. It is my nature. Heh.

There were some problems with the blade's reflection and lightning, but I fixed them...Also, I'm touching up the HUB, making it usable. The windows are health (detailed head), items (low-poly head, which is just a placeholder while I think up some items), compass and weapons.

While maybe not so noticeable here, I've severely reduced the number of polygons (about a few thousands). I've decided to go ahead and make a simple little game, so I need to start economizing.

Later, once I decide what I want to do with this, I'll model a beast or two, and take off that loser in front. Also, enviroments are coming....

That is quite a bit better. Just wondering- could you make the blue background of the HUD 50% tranparent? That might make it look better. Also, perhaps try some nifty little tinkering with the shape of it.

The reflections on that weapon are awesome. It looks very cool. And then the weapon itself. What is it? Damn funkiest 'blade' I have ever seen. lol. Looks cool.

Try moving the weapons tab up a bit higher so it is right in the corner. It just serves to have all HUD info as tight along the edges and corners as you can. That way it looks more open and whatnot.

I just can't get a good idea of the compass. It looks like a thong [as in sandal lol] lying there. I had to check your description for what it is. Try changing it to look more like a compass. Unless my eye just isn't in.

Looking forward to the environments ^_^

Well, I've done many changes, all in pursuit of turning this into a game.

1. Instead of one character, there will be 2 characters available. While you control one, the AI will control the other. You'll be able to switch at any time, with a certain key.

2. I trashed the FPS view, and decided to use a third-person camera.

3. I'm changing the HUD into something much more attractive and simple. While I haven't really added it yet, it will only display energy, weapon and the compass.

4. I severely toned down the graphics. Now, it can be run in a computer. I might tone them down a little more if the testers have trouble.

While this isn't a full enviroment, per se, I'll use this simple area for gameplay testing. Meanwhile, I'm drawing some basic ideas for the areas.

1.)I think the images should be a bit sharper. I can't see what's going on very well because everything mixes together. It's all soft.
It's a shooter game? Looks more like a sword that "you're" holding.
And like Baron said earlier, the tunnel should be changed into more of a scenery.

3.) Well, this one's better. A bit. I find it a little too dark, unless, of course, it takes place during the night. Nice detail up front, and on the characters. I still can't see how that object is a gun and not a sword...