OtakuBoards

EVA expert needed

Nothing674

Ok, I just saw the first 4 eps of Neon Genesis Evangelion, and all I can say is "Wow." This series is amazing. I'm kinda confused though. Why do the EVA's have to be piloted by 14 year olds? I'm not seeing why they MUST be piloted by 14 year olds. I'm also a little confused by why the Angels are attacking humans, but I expect the answer to that question might spoil it for me, so don't answer it if it will!! I plan to get the rest of the eps, and watching it and knowing what will happen would really suck. Somebody out there help me out??

First of all: This should be in General Anime but, I'm sure it will be moved so...

Secondly: The EVA units must be piloted by someone born AFTER the strike of the Angels because only someone born AFTER the fact can be compatable with the EVA units...

Third: And as for the question about the Angels...I have no idea and I don't believe there is a relevant answer to it. If there is I'm sure someone who has seen the entire series can answer it for you...

-Justin

It's all inside the head of the director, who was muy ****ed up. You should read a bit of the dead sea scrolls, Eva is loosely based on that. Anyways, the Evangelions all have the characteristics of the 4 devils. The horn (Eva 01), The cyclops (Eva 00), the 4 eyes (Eva 02), and the ability to stretch limbs (Eva 03)...If these thoughts are jumbled, don't blame me, cause I'm tired. Anywho, the Evas, which obviously represent the devils, had to have an opponent. Who better to fight devils then angels?

Well, the angels attack the humans becaues the human have something the angels wants or at least the angesl THINKS the humans have. The whole series has MANY biblical allusions which are fasciniating to me. There are many ways to look at the evas..mine differs from Shinji's look, however, if I tell you, I would need to say some things that are much better left unsaid till you have see the whole series. :D

The reason it HAS to be children piloting the evas (14 year olds to be exact) goes back to the Dead Sea Scrolls which Shinji v2.0 pointed out. It states in the actual scrolls that there would be four children that would come from the light (the light was meant to be the Qumran community whom called themselves the "Sons of Light") or something like that"..er...but...I'm not sure about this though. They would be known as the "children of light"hence that's why the four eva pilots are known as the "children of light. I could talk about this non stop..but this topic has to be moved first! :D

hmm, fascinating. I've only watched up to episode 7 so far, so thanks for being considerate and not ruining it for me. It appears EVA has a much deeper storyline than it has shown so far. As of now, the Angels show up, the EVA's kill it, and that is that... Not much of anything else. I haven't even heard of these dead sea scrolls yet, and I didn't even know there was a 3rd EVA. On episode 7 it talked about some huge meteorite crash which was actually an angel exploding, which the government covered up as a meteorite crash. Then it goes to tell the EVA's were built to stop the angels. That is the deepest clue into the storyline I've gotten to yet. Man, I'm too into this now, buying all these eps is gonna get expensive!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Mystical Pan~ [/i]
[B]Well, the angels attack the humans becaues the human have something the angels wants or at least the angesl THINKS the humans have. The whole series has MANY biblical allusions which are fasciniating to me. There are many ways to look at the evas..mine differs from Shinji's look, however, if I tell you, I would need to say some things that are much better left unsaid till you have see the whole series. :D
[/B][/QUOTE]

Uhm...No...They're after Adam. The joining of the Angels and Adam will bring the third impact. They're not after something they THINK the humans have, they're after something the humans DO have.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinji v2.0 [/i]
[B]

Uhm...No...They're after Adam. The joining of the Angels and Adam will bring the third impact. They're not after something they THINK the humans have, they're after something the humans DO have. [/B][/QUOTE]

Your right! YOu know who has it..but they find you know what insteda..man I hate talking like this..I wish I could actually say it without spoiling the anime! :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinji v2.0 [/i]
[B]

Uhm...No...They're after Adam. The joining of the Angels and Adam will bring the third impact. They're not after something they THINK the humans have, they're after something the humans DO have. [/B][/QUOTE]

technically, aren't they after lillith? since kaoru notices that it is actually lillith, and not adam....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

technically, aren't they after lillith? since kaoru notices that it is actually lillith, and not adam.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=3]OK PEOPLE! THIS IS A SOMEWHAT SPOILER! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! :D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]No..they're after Adam..when Kaoru finds out it's lilith...he decides to let Shinji kill him..if it was Adam...he would unite with Adam..but it was lilth..that's why the Angels are always attacking Tokyo...they know Adam is in the Central Dogma<--- I think that's the room where Lilith is kept I forgot. lol. However it's Lilith that's under the Geofront in the Central Dogma.[/SIZE]

Guest Deranged Gerbil
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nothing674 [/i]
[B]Hey, what does Shinji keep listening to on his tape player? He plays it and then plays it back again to himself. What is it??? [/B][/QUOTE]

The songs played on Shinji's SDAT:

Episode 2 :

* A-2 (aka "Background Music)
S² Works, Disc-01, track 02
Neon Genesis Evangelion II, track 9

* B-4 (aka "Fly Me To the Moon")
S² Works, Disc-01, track 27
Neon Genesis Evangelion I, track 21

Episode 4 :

* ? (I'm not sure for the title... it's an instrumental music)
Lilia ~from Ys~

Episode 9 :

* Aoi Legend
Lilia ~from Ys~ (Mitsuishi Kotono), track 3

* Tôi Sora no Yakusoku
Lilia ~from Ys~ (Mitsuishi Kotono), track 8

Episode 15 :

* You Are the Only One
Lilia ~from Ys~ (Mitsuishi Kotono), track 1
(I'm not sure about this one... I think it's played when Asuka kisses
Shinji, but I don't remember if it's really supposed to be played by
Shinji's SDAT?)

Episode 21 :

(I don't think we hear the SDAT, in this episode)

Episode 23 :

* Ryôte Ippai no Yume
Gyû (Okui Masami), track 4

Episode 24 :

* Ode to Joy

Episode 25' :

(none)

did I forget something? I don´t think so, anyway, thats what is on his walkman