Darkest Moment Posted February 4, 2004 Posted February 4, 2004 [size=1]Current Mood : Resident evil. I guess it was seeing the Resident evil movie trailer that got me into the mood. I found the picture on google, I resized it and made a somewhat noticable background. Thoughts?[/size] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=551648[/IMG]
OtakuSennen Posted February 4, 2004 Posted February 4, 2004 [color=midnightblue]Well, that is pretty good. Not great, but good. The image seems to have resized well, and the image is very Resident Evil-ish, but it leaves a lot to be desired. The background is extremely plain. Though it does, in a way, show off the dark tone to Resident Evil, you could probably make something much more effective. May I suggest a very dark urban alley; something that looks like it could be easily placed in a Resident Evil game? The font, too, is rather plain. If I were making this banner, I would move the text down to the bottom-left corner, but that's just my personal style. [b]7.8/10[/b] Good job.[/color]
Kinetic Posted February 4, 2004 Posted February 4, 2004 Wow, the background is [i]very[/i] dark. I had to set the brightness to an extremely high level in photoshop to see the details =p Anyway, I must agree with OtakuSennen's point about placing an alleyway in the image. It would be a better background and would make it very interesting. About the text, yes, I agree you should use another font. Though I think that the placement is better as it is, because in the corner it would throw off the balance quite a bit.
Darkest Moment Posted February 5, 2004 Author Posted February 5, 2004 [size=1]The back alleyway I will do, but right now I have to go. Thanks for the ideas.[/size]
Baron Samedi Posted February 5, 2004 Posted February 5, 2004 I think this is excellent. It is really striking and simple- how I like them, and it shows off the image to the extreme. The font suits it impeccably, and I think the background is rather well matched. As suggested, a brickwall or alleyway would be a really impressive background, but I think this set is quite good. Your positioning of text and overall layout of this banner is marvellous. Aesthetics: 8/10 Technical: 6.5/10
Pyrophobic Posted February 7, 2004 Posted February 7, 2004 Hrm - I like it as it is. The use of minimal detail is good, since it really helps the zombie's face stare out at you - it matches the tonal extremes effectively. I agree with Baron Samedi that the text is well-done - very thin and eerie, and it continues the striking contrast with the black brilliantly. *shivers* Erk, I hate that bit in the first game where the zombie peers over its shoulder. I assume this is a bit of artwork from that first game? The style looks a bit different to some of the other work, but it's definitely familar. It works well in your avatar - I love the way parts of it are cropped in both avy and banner - it doesn't fit exactly, so it introduces insecurity in that respect. Well done!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now